Paul Finebaum nails it

Bormio

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

“Dabo  Swinney is the most annoying winner in sports”.  

Maybe

Paul is also the most annoying homer on any radio channel out there, the amount of double standards and whining gets tiring in a real hurry

I rather listen to a homer coach who knows how to win then some analysit that thinks he knows more than he really does and yet is treated as a "football expert" just because he is good enough to rile up fanbases and create controversy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Paul Finebaum is a clown. An Alabama Homer who offers no insight or additional value, other than to the Alabama brand. When they finally fade into obscurity after Saban retires, so will Paul.

Isn’t Finebaum a Tennessee guy though?  He is no doubt an SEC homer though for sure.

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

He is probably tired of answering the same questions about if Clemson deserves to be in the debate or not due to a poor schedule. 

My son asked me why Clemson is even in the top 4 with zero top 25 wins. I said they have built equity and earned the benefit of the doubt. They played an ACC schedule last year then took the nations best conference champion (Alabama/SEC) and beat them like a runaway donkey. Put a running clock on them in the 3rd quarter. 

They earned their seat at the table. So to question if they belong is the annoying part.

Totally disagree. What you say above, unfortunately, is the attitude of many that influence college football and it’s exactly what’s wrong with the FBS — when they don’t have a true playoff system like FCS has and instead relies upon subjective criteria.

First off, previous accomplishments, “equity”, “benefit of the doubt”, etc. should not enter the equation. Because it’s about determining the best teams this given season. It’s not a lifetime achievement award.

While I’m not a Paul Finebaum fan, he’s spot on about that. Stop infusing the past into the present season. It don’t belong.

Clemson looks like they have a pretty good team this season. But how do we really know that? They are not the same team as last season. They are not the same team from several seasons ago when they had Deshaun Watson. This is a different team in a different season. And they aren’t vetted.

Is it Clemson’s fault the ACC isn’t good this season? No. But they do have control over their out of conference scheduling. Knowing that the ACC isn’t the strongest conference most years, they can schedule worthy opponents early in the season like some other top programs do.

In the end, Clemson is no different than any other program. They should receive no favoritism or ‘benefit of the doubt’. They should earn their way in. If they lose to Virginia, which I don’t suspect will happen, they haven’t done so.

Even if they do beat VA, they aren’t deserving of the top spot because of their schedule. To this point, tOSU and LSU have proven more — THIS season.

• Like 1