Shout Out to Clemson RB Travis Etienne (3A Jennings, La)

RedZone

My favorite Clemson player, I guess. 

Sidenote; Jennings High will be playing in the Superdome for a 3A State Title Friday night. 

Anyways, good for Travis!

"Running back Travis Etienne was selected ACC Player of the Year as well as Offensive Player of the Year while linebacker Isaiah Simmons was voted ACC Defensive Player of the Year."

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/2019/12/04/clemson-football-travis-etienne-isaiah-simmons-get-top-acc-honors/2607669001/

44 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Beast.

He was beastly in high school

A 4* with offers from all the players. LSU jumped on the Etienne wagon late and paid the price. Of course LSU isn't hurting at RB, but Etienne will most likely be the first or second RB off the board next NFL draft.

At Jennings High.

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

As for Jennings vs St James...Wellp...Jennings had a nice run.

St James is no joke. That community takes football about as seriously as you can take it. They built a nice stadium couple years back and they fill it. These smaller class Bayou teams are just built different than other parts of the country, filled with talent.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Bragging about other people’s accomplishments. 

I don't brag.

My people won the D1 State Championship this year you worthless piece of moldy tampa garbage.....what do you have? Oh yeah, NOTHING!

PS: who wants to talk about Johns Creek vs Don  Bosco??? Oh yeah, YOU......get your dumb ass over there.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

St James is no joke. That community takes football about as seriously as you can take it. They built a nice stadium couple years back and they fill it. These smaller class Bayou teams are just built different than other parts of the country, filled with talent.

It's been a while for them.  They're Waaaaay overdue to win one.

Been the Bridesmaids too many times.

And yes that school takes it CRAZY serious.  My Dad's Haughton team beat them in the 78 semifinals and St James fans started tearing the buses down.

I think I still have his footage from that game somewhere. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Give us your honest opinion on how Florida sucked this year and how it relates to Florida State Championship games....

Give me a specific team.

For instance, if I brought up a St. James level team from Florida and claimed that they were "damn good" I'd be pilloried and rightfully so.

But, thankfully, I'd never do that.

Just now, The Guru said:

Give me a specific team.

For instance, if I brought up a St. James level team from Florida and claimed that they were "damn good" I'd be pilloried and rightfully so.

But, thankfully, I'd never do that.

I said "and pretty damn good for a 3A"

and, you lost your mind yet again.

No different than Florida goobers pimping 1A Madison County or whatever.

For perspective:

St. James only beat #2156 Union Parish, 25-14. They only led 13-6 at halftime. They trailed 14-13 in the 3rd quarter.

They only beat #4011 Brusly, 32-13. They only led 17-7 at halftime.

They only beat #5904 Lutcher, 34-13. They trailed 13-10 at halftime.

They only beat #8008 Mansfield, 28-0.

They only beat #10349 Riverdale, 35-13. They only led 20-7 at halftime.