Texas State Championship thread

ATLien12x

Oh i wasn’t asking for another one of your opinions (those haven’t gone well for you lately). I was informing you how wrong you were on that take. North Shore whipped them up front the majority of the game. Everyone saw that but you 

You ended the HS year poorly. I imagine you’re really old now so it happens. Regroup and try for a better 2020

• Like 1

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Oh i wasn’t asking your opinion. I was informing you how wrong you were on that take. North Shore whipped them up front the majority of the game. It’s not an opinion but a fact.  

You ended the HS year poorly. I imagine you’re really old now so it happens to us all. Regroup and try for a better 2020

I was right. If you read the early take. Duncanville was stronger upfront on both sides, but when you can't sustain drives your defense will succumb. NorthShore started bringing blitzes in the 2nd half and the QB couldn't beat it. 

I ended up pretty good actually. You're grasping at straws. It's not my fault Guru is in your head. 

7 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I was right. If you read the early take. Duncanville was stronger upfront on both sides, but when you can't sustain drives your defense will succumb. NorthShore started bringing blitzes in the 2nd half and the QB couldn't beat it. 

I ended up pretty good actually. You're grasping at straws. It's not my fault Guru is in your head. 

NS took the air out of the ball, didn’t pass hardly and gained over 250 yards on the ground.  Both the QB and the 3d string RB had over 100 yards on the night.  That was not a good night for DV defensively, they were controlled. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

NS took the air out of the ball, didn’t pass hardly and gained over 250 yards on the ground.  Both the QB and the 3d string RB had over 100 yards on the night.  That was not a good night for DV defensively, they were controlled. 

Duncanville went to a 3 man front a lot, and gave the run up(That 335 stack they were using). NS ran on it, and wore their ass out in the 2nd half when their offense wasn't converting anything

Just now, steeler01 said:

Duncanville went to a 3 man front a lot, and gave the run up(That 335 stack they were using). NS ran on it, and wore their ass out in the 2nd half when their offense wasn't converting anything

None of that is indicative of DV being more dominant upfront.  That’s the point.  And in the nickel they gave up the nail in the coffin pass.  

DD posted the the TOP by quarter it wasn’t as lopsided as you’d think.  DVs defense was not out on the field a long period to get worn down. 

The goal line stand was the killer.  2 inches and the dominant DV line couldn’t get a strong push and that’s with their best OL on the field to add more muscle. 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

None of that is indicative of DV being more dominant upfront.  That’s the point.  And in the nickel they gave up the nail in the coffin pass.  

Duncanville was better upfront, but not by a lot

DD posted the the TOP by quarter it wasn’t as lopsided as you’d think.  DVs defense was not out on the field a long period to get worn down. 

Duncanville's defense seemed to always be on the field. Duncanville was pretty much moving the ball on big plays. Daniels had that huge run before that stop. They were fortunate in the 1st half on a couple of 3rd and long conversions(3rd and 10 and 3rd and 12)

The goal line stand was the killer.  2 inches and the dominant DV line couldn’t get a strong push and that’s with their best OL on the field to add more muscle. 

DV in that situation like we talked about earlier in the week, relies on Jackson in those situations. I mentioned Smith isn't the guy I'd be using cause he is very slow off the snap

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

If both teams were at full strength I think NS would have still won the game by 2-3 scores. A healthy DV defense didn’t have the answer for a NS offense that was purposely being one dimensional with 2 of their best players not playing. They’re just not there yet. 

I disagree.

Jackson would've been running on NS, and they would've worn that defense out. Jackson had 200+ rushing yards last year. What did Parson have yesterday?

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Duncanville was better upfront, but not by a lot

Duncanville's defense seemed to always be on the field. Duncanville was pretty much moving the ball on big plays. Daniels had that huge run before that stop. 

DV in that situation like we talked about earlier in the week, relies on Jackson in those situations. I mentioned Smith isn't the guy I'd be using cause he is very slow off the snap

But they weren’t on the field a lot.  NS TOP was 27 to DV 20 min or so. 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But they weren’t on the field a lot.  NS TOP was 27 to DV 20 min or so. 

The last 2 minutes of the game were irrelevant

Jackson had 200 yards rushing last year. Yesterday, they had less than 250 yards of offense. That's due to the fact that they rely on Jackson a lot in the running game

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I disagree.

Jackson would've been running on NS, and they would've worn that defense out

Thats an opinion that is not supported by the other players on the field play.  NS defensive athletes matched up with DVs very well. 

had NS had Banks and Evans they could have hung 45-50 on DV and done it quickly, Jackson wasn’t accounting for that much of a difference especially in the first half. 

they weren’t winning that game with  just adding Jackson. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Jackson had 200 yards rushing last year. Yesterday, they had less than 250 yards of offense. That's due to the fact that they rely on Jackson a lot in the running game

Last years game results were different in many ways.  DV contained NS run game but were exploited by the pass.  This year they gave up the run on NS team that was purposely 1 dimensional.  

NS did much better with the pulling linemen, last year that killed them opening up holes. NS DL more than held their own this year. 

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The last two min were very relevant, they were only down by a TD.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Thats an opinion that is not supported by the other players on the field play.  NS defensive athletes matched up with DVs very well. 

had NS had Banks and Evans they could have hung 45-50 on DV and done it quickly, Jackson wasn’t accounting for that much of a difference especially in the first half. 

Banks didn't play all year long. Evans isn't that difference maker. The back up played as well as Evans did last year in the game. Let me know if Parsons played as well as Jackson

they weren’t winning that game with  just adding Jackson. 

Yes they were. That's Duncanville's offense. 

Last years game

18 rushes 228 yards

What did Parson's have yesterday?

Banks didn't play all year long. Evans isn't that difference maker. The back up played as well as Evans did last year in the game. Let me know if Parsons played as well as Jackson

Yes they were. That's Duncanville's offense. 

Last years game

18 rushes 228 yards

What did Parson's have yesterday?

Banks did play this year he played several games in district.  He killed it,  he was hurt in their first playoff game. 

Evans was most definitely an additional threat, see LT and Katy game.  The backup didn’t have a backup, he never came out of the game! 

Last years game results were different in many ways.  DV contained NS run game but were exploited by the pass.  This year they gave up the run on NS team that was purposely 1 dimensional.  

NS did much better with the pulling linemen, last year that killed them opening up holes. NS DL more than held their own this year. 

Last year NS needed to be weary of the Duncanville offense. This year, Duncanville had no offense in the final. The guy that accounts for 80 percent of their yards was out. They dropped back and tried using a front 6 to play the run( I think to shorten the game). The longer the game went, the less of a chance Duncanville would have to win. They were fortunate to be tied at the half.

3rd quarter

Muffed Punt

Fumble

Stop on 4th and 1

WIth the QB barely doing anything for Duncanville. 4th and 1 with Jackson they convert. They also run on NS with him at the QB position

Banks did play this year he played several games in district.  He killed it,  he was hurt in their first playoff game. 

Evans was most definitely an additional threat, see LT and Katy game.  The backup didn’t have a backup, he never came out of the game! 

Banks was hurt for a lot of the season. 

Last year NS needed to be weary of the Duncanville offense. This year, Duncanville had no offense in the final. The guy that accounts for 80 percent of their yards was out. They dropped back and tried using a front 6 to play the run( I think to shorten the game). The longer the game went, the less of a chance Duncanville would have to win. They were fortunate to be tied at the half.

3rd quarter

Muffed Punt

Fumble

Stop on 4th and 1

WIth the QB barely doing anything for Duncanville. 4th and 1 with Jackson they convert. They also run on NS with him at the QB position

DV punted twice yesterday and had a TO.  the FR played OK, he’s not Jackson but he had a strong 1st half.  DVs defense couldn’t stop NS, that’s the problem, they weren’t going to slow down NS at full strength