Texas State Championship thread

ATLien12x

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

8:35 your time, on ESPNU

I can't wait to see real defense in HS.  STL is a pure spread team and dem black recruited  Catholics bout to get dat Poke 🤣 that's what dumb ass keeps popping up in texas threads claiming.  No defense.  

I even got a lil umbrella in my beer waiting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Westlake wins 6A DII 24-0.

Really tough break for Guyer. Feel awful for that situation. Changed the game completely. Westlake may be better but who knows at this point. 

Thanks fellas for watching the games. No one does the state championships like Texas football. Best three days before Christmas every year  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I really liked the way NS played yesterday. They were smooth and calm, they usually play at a much faster pace. Defense was good. Davis was again great. He's a great player and a great leader. After seeing the game I can say I was wrong about some of my postings on the TX board. Rockwall or Allen would not beat Katy. SLC might, that would be a game. But this is about yesterday. Too bad we had a starting QB for DV, and a really good receiver and running back not playing for NS (I don't have much sympathy for Evans though, enjoy your phone). Everyone, myself included, thought the defense for NS might be suspect. Glad I was wrong. Last year Smith ran very well against the NS defense. Yesterday, not much of anything. Seems the freshman QB for DV will be a good one. He had his moments in the first half but by the end of the game he was being abused. I know people will say with Jackson it would have been different and it would have, we don't know if it would have been good enough. Everyone can speculate. And remember the games for the most part are going to be in Arlington every year. Anyway,,,  Back to Back for NS, congrats.

Congrats to Aledo, didn't see it but I'm never surprised when they win state, I don't think anyone is.

I was watching the Guyer game and then well. So many injuries this year. We don't know what that game might have been. Still I think WL was better than people thought they were. Congrats to WL.

I'm glad Shadow Creek came through this year. This was the best , most competitive game from beginning to end this year in IMO. I was impressed by both teams.

DD thanks for all the updates and info you have put out this year. You do an incredible job, and make it so easy for us Tx HS football enthusiasts to keep up with the what's going on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I really liked the way NS played yesterday. They were smooth and calm, they usually play at a much faster pace. Defense was good. Davis was again great. He's a great player and a great leader. After seeing the game I can say I was wrong about some of my postings on the TX board. Rockwall or Allen would not beat Katy. SLC might, that would be a game. But this is about yesterday. Too bad we had a starting QB for DV, and a really good receiver and running back not playing for NS (I don't have much sympathy for Evans though, enjoy your phone). Everyone, myself included, thought the defense for NS might be suspect. Glad I was wrong. Last year Smith ran very well against the NS defense. Yesterday, not much of anything. Seems the freshman QB for DV will be a good one. He had his moments in the first half but by the end of the game he was being abused. I know people will say with Jackson it would have been different and it would have, we don't know if it would have been good enough. Everyone can speculate. And remember the games for the most part are going to be in Arlington every year. Anyway,,,  Back to Back for NS, congrats.

Congrats to Aledo, didn't see it but I'm never surprised when they win state, I don't think anyone is.

I was watching the Guyer game and then well. So many injuries this year. We don't know what that game might have been. Still I think WL was better than people thought they were. Congrats to WL.

I'm glad Shadow Creek came through this year. This was the best , most competitive game from beginning to end this year in IMO. I was impressed by both teams.

DD thanks for all the updates and info you have put out this year. You do an incredible job, and make it so easy for us Tx HS football enthusiasts to keep up with the what's going on.

These were some great championship games, I wasn’t surprised by too many of ya he results. Hats off to all the winners

NS flexed their muscle yesterday and showed why they’re the best in TX. 

DV will regroup and make some adjustments and be ready for another run next season. I’m sure NS will be ready to defend their crown. 

How many QBs have won 3 consecutive SC in the highest class?  I know Kyler did, Davis at NS will have that opportunity.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

These were some great championship games, I wasn’t surprised by too many of ya he results. Hats off to all the winners

NS flexed their muscle yesterday and showed why they’re the best in TX. 

DV will regroup and make some adjustments and be ready for another run next season. I’m sure NS will be ready to defend their crown. 

How many QBs have won 3 consecutive SC in the highest class?  I know Kyler did, Davis at NS will have that opportunity.  

3 in a row is a tall order. I really don't know other than Murray. I'm not even sure who NS brings back other than Davis. Great year,  but so many injuries to some of the top players. That's concerning. I'm going to hit IHOP then off to Lubbock. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

28 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

BTW I agree, I don’t think Allen nor RW beat Katy this season.  SLC, Katy, WL and LT would all have been good games. 

5 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

3 in a row is a tall order. I really don't know other than Murray. I'm not even sure who NS brings back other than Davis. Great year,  but so many injuries to some of the top players. That's concerning. I'm going to hit IHOP then off to Lubbock. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

They bring back quite a few. 2-3 on the OL, 3 WR to include Banks and they have a good RB transfer already on campus.  Defense brings back about 4-5.  Their chances are good to get back to Dallas.  

Their team gained a lot of exp when they went through their early season injuries