OT-Canelo vs Chavez

AztecPadre

55 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

He is good, however I like Terrance Crawford (BIGTIME) and Mikey Garcia allot. Im also really looking forward to the Spence Brook fight. Spence has a chance to be really special.

Those two along with Rigondeaux are my favorites to watch.

Lomachenko is fast and all but his competition has stunk aside from Salido who he lost too 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Those two along with Rigondeaux are my favorites to watch.

Lomachenko is fast and all but his competition has stunk aside from Salido who he lost too 

Yeah, I agree. Lomachenko better slow down before he calls out Mikey Garcia. I think he is under estimating him big time. Mikey is a bad bad man.

As for Crawford? I absolutely love watching him fight. I think the Diaz fight will be better than most expect, however I still feel Crawford wins by a late round stoppage. I love how both Crawford and Mikey don't waste any energy. They are like watching a cobra getting ready to strike.

For me what separates these 2 from Rigondeaux is POWER. Rig is better defensively then both, not even close. However they both are far superior to him offensively.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Yeah, I agree. Lomachenko better slow down before he calls out Mikey Garcia. I think he is under estimating him big time. Mikey is a bad bad man.

As for Crawford? I absolutely love watching him fight. I think the Diaz fight will be better than most expect, however I still feel Crawford wins by a late round stoppage. I love how both Crawford and Mikey don't waste any energy. They are like watching a cobra getting ready to strike.

For me what separates these 2 from Rigondeaux is POWER. Rig is better defensively then both, not even close. However they both are far superior to him offensively.

Watching video on Mikey.  Damn.

• Like 1

Dang didn't know he was from Ventura and his pops trained Ferocious Fernando. I use to love that guy.  He use to talk mad shit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Dang didn't know he was from Ventura and his pops trained Ferocious Fernando. I use to love that guy.  He use to talk mad shit. 

His bro is a badass as well he won Trainer of the yr a few yrs back. He trained Maidona when he beat the hell out of Bronner and when he fought Mayweather both times.

Just now, thc6795 said:

His bro is a badass as well he won Trainer of the yr a few yrs back. He trained Maidona when he beat the hell out of Bronner and when he fought Mayweather both times.

Watching the Zlaticanin ko.  Homie got knocked the eff out in that one.  I have a second favorite fighter.  Canelo is still at the top for me. 

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Watching the Zlaticanin ko.  Homie got knocked the eff out in that one.  I have a second favorite fighter.  Canelo is still at the top for me. 

Dude if Mikey didn't have promotion problems for the last 2 yrs. He is all you would hear about. The dude is flat at bad to the bone.

For me it is Crawford 1 Mikey 1A and some days it is the other way around. I like Canelo but Delabitch has turned him into a purse chaser not a legend chaser. Im glad he is finally fighting GGG, but for me it is too late. GGG has shown chinks in the armor. I can see why against Jacobs. Jacobs was just so much bigger plus Jacobs isn't a tomato can. But Kell Brook? That one showed flaws big time. He looked old and slow to me for the first time. I still take GGG but the margin is allot closer now. If there is a flat out KO turn your lights out KO then GGG won. A late round stoppage or a decision I can see going Cawardelo's way.

Im sticking with a good big man beats a good little man every time.

Watch Crawford fight bro. For me he is P4P the best today.  

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Dude if Mikey didn't have promotion problems for the last 2 yrs. He is all you would hear about. The dude is flat at bad to the bone.

For me it is Crawford 1 Mikey 1A and some days it is the other way around. I like Canelo but Delabitch has turned him into a purse chaser not a legend chaser. Im glad he is finally fighting GGG, but for me it is too late. GGG has shown chinks in the armor. I can see why against Jacobs. Jacobs was just so much bigger plus Jacobs isn't a tomato can. But Kell Brook? That one showed flaws big time. He looked old and slow to me for the first time. I still take GGG but the margin is allot closer now. If there is a flat out KO turn your lights out KO then GGG won. A late round stoppage or a decision I can see going Cawardelo's way.

Lol all man.  Oscar is a really kool kat.  I see him when he comes into town to golf.  Really nice guy who does not act like he has hundreds of millions.  But Canelo I have followed from the beginning and I am loyal to a fault.  Plus he is just a badass and how many redheads come out of where he came out of in Mexico? Lol. But Mikey has now made his way into my top 2. Especially with the whole Oxnard and Vargas connection.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol all man.  Oscar is a really kool kat.  I see him when he comes into town to golf.  Really nice guy who does not act like he has hundreds of millions.  But Canelo I have followed from the beginning and I am loyal to a fault.  Plus he is just a badass and how many redheads come out of where he came out of in Mexico? Lol. But Mikey has now made his way into my top 2. Especially with the whole Oxnard and Vargas connection.

Cool, I understand it is a money game. Im just really old school when it comes to boxing. Hell I remember the first big Pay for View fight. I frigging cried. It was Alexis Argello and Aaron Pryor. Ill never forget it. I watched Alexis beat Boom Boom Mancini then tell his dad after he was going to be a champion. I watched the Boom Boom Mancini- Du Ku Kim fight, that resulted in Kim's death. Bro I can go way back I watched Danny "little Red" Lopez lose his belt to a kid by the name of Salvador Sanchez. I watched Wilfredo Gomez and  Lupe Pintor fight. I watched Tommy Hearns destroy Jose "Pipino" Cuevas. I watched Hearns Hagler Live. I watched Lenard Hearns live. I watched Hearn Duran. Bro I have watched them all.

7 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Cool, I understand it is a money game. Im just really old school when it comes to boxing. Hell I remember the first big Pay for View fight. I frigging cried. It was Alexis Argello and Aaron Pryor. Ill never forget it. I watched Alexis beat Boom Boom Mancini then tell his dad after he was going to be a champion. I watched the Boom Boom Mancini- Du Ku Kim fight, that resulted in Kim's death. Bro I can go way back I watched Danny "little Red" Lopez lose his belt to a kid by the name of Salvador Sanchez. I watched Wilfredo Gomez and  Lupe Pintor fight. I watched Tommy Hearns destroy Jose "Pipino" Cuevas. I watched Hearns Hagler Live. I watched Lenard Hearns live. I watched Hearn Duran. Bro I have watched them all.

Alexis Arguello and Cuevas are my earliest memories of boxing.  It was huge with my pops and my uncles growing up.

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Alexis Arguello and Cuevas are my earliest memories of boxing.  It was huge with my pops and my uncles growing up.

Yep me as well. If you get a chance watch the Lupe Pinto-Wilfredo Gomez fight. Classic. Also watch some early Roberto Duran film. He was a frigging beast. He actually hated you in the ring, he was like an animal. Watch Duran-De Jesus I. All three were great fights but I was a classic. I love boxing.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Yep me as well. If you get a chance watch the Lupe Pinto-Wilfredo Gomez fight. Classic. Also watch some early Roberto Duran film. He was a frigging beast. He actually hated you in the ring, he was like an animal. Watch Duran-De Jesus I. All three were great fights but I was a classic. I love boxing.  

Pulling those up right now.  Going to watch them with the sound down. Lol.  Since Im at work.

Man I was never too sold on MG (and I'm part PR lol)  I'll have to watch some of his recent fights.    I was much more excited about Verdejo, but looks like he's falling apart.   

BIG edit was thinking Danny Garcia.   Mikey looks the part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

He is good, however I like Terrance Crawford (BIGTIME) and Mikey Garcia allot. Im also really looking forward to the Spence Brook fight. Spence has a chance to be really special.

Well yeah Crawford has been at the top of my list for a while, I just meant as far as who's style I like watching.  Lomas footwork and movement is just spectacular to and whats even better is he doesn't use it to escape/defend he uses it aggressively.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

The Salvador Sanchez-Wilfredo Gomez fight was the night I truly became a boxing fanatic. I was 12years old. I'll never forget it. 50,000 people in the Orange Bowl in Miami watching on closed circuit television. Magical night. Tommy Hearns was my guy growing up. When I got to meet him at the Hall of Fame in Canastota a few years back, I actually had tears in my eyes. I was a grown man but I was overwhelmed when I met my sports hero.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

The Salvador Sanchez-Wilfredo Gomez fight was the night I truly became a boxing fanatic. I was 12years old. I'll never forget it. 50,000 people in the Orange Bowl in Miami watching on closed circuit television. Magical night. Tommy Hearns was my guy growing up. When I got to meet him at the Hall of Fame in Canastota a few years back, I actually had tears in my eyes. I was a grown man but I was overwhelmed when I met my sports hero.

Damn how could I forget that fight? Classic. Ill never forget Salvador Sanchez. Quick story. Back in the day all the great fights were free and on CBS. Some on ABC and NBC but the big ones were on CBS. My father was coaching my younger brother in soccer. So when Danny Little Red Lopez fought Sanchez we missed it. But we were like no biggie because at the time Lopez was the shit. We got home and found out Little red had lost. I was like damn. Fast forward to the rematch. Salvador KO'd him in 7 I believe. This was my introduction to who I believe would have been the greatest if he hadn't died so soon.

Any remember Bobby Chacon-Artur Frias? Watch that blood bath. The ref wanted to stop the fight after 7 because of cute, but Chacon fought so hard he couldn't.  Just amazing stuff.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Damn how could I forget that fight? Classic. Ill never forget Salvador Sanchez. Quick story. Back in the day all the great fights were free and on CBS. Some on ABC and NBC but the big ones were on CBS. My father was coaching my younger brother in soccer. So when Danny Little Red Lopez fought Sanchez we missed it. But we were like no biggie because at the time Lopez was the shit. We got home and found out Little red had lost. I was like damn. Fast forward to the rematch. Salvador KO'd him in 7 I believe. This was my introduction to who I believe would have been the greatest if he hadn't died so soon.

Any remember Bobby Chacon-Artur Frias? Watch that blood bath. The ref wanted to stop the fight after 7 because of cute, but Chacon fought so hard he couldn't.  Just amazing stuff.  

Who could forget Bobby Chacon. His fight with Cornelius Boza-Edwards was amongst the best I've ever seen. Right up there with Foreman-Lyle.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

We have a family ranch near where Sanchez had that accident in Mexico.  It was between Queretaro and San Luis Potosi.  That highway is freaking INSANE to drive on.  It use to be there were no markers on the road to split the lanes and tons of cray cray semi truck drivers would slow down for nobody. 

• Like 1

One recent prospect from PR I was really excited about is this kid Felix Verdejo.  He was off to a great start, albeit not the best competition, but you could tell he had all the tools.   Kid broke his hand in 2015, then in 2016 he got in a serious motorcycle accident.   Shame.   I mean he's still undefeated, but he doesn't look at all like he did before those injuries.   Hope he can get back into form, because if not, he's gonna get beat.

• Like 1

I remember first seeing Verdejo in the 2012 olympics.   Verdejo was the only guy to keep Lomachenko honest.   He was an 18-19yr old young blood against the 24yr old amateur legend (had 300+ amateur wins).  Too bad he fought Loma early, as he probably would have gotten a medal.   

• Like 1