OT-Canelo vs Chavez

AztecPadre

Just now, AztecPadre said:

I was still shocked it went the distance. I give him props for lasting the whole fight.

Nah,  he's a lot bigger.  Those punches can't hurt him.  Had he been fighting a light heavyweight(His natural weight),  he would've been knocked out. 

• Like 1

Albeit they were sparring sessions but Chavez Jr was able to land more consistently on triple G than he landed on Canelo. After watching tonight's fight I give Canelo a better chance against ggg than was the case before tonight's fight.

14 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Canelo has been getting better every fight. I would say he now has a way better chance at ggg but the size might be too much. Still would love to see it and boxing needs that fight to happen.

What are the true fight weights of Canelo vs GGG?  Anyone know?

13 hours ago, 954gator said:

What are the true fight weights of Canelo vs GGG?  Anyone know?

Past fights

Canelo vs Lara - 171

Canelo vs Angulo - 174 http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/03/canelo-weighed-174-lbs-for-angulo-fight-last-night/

Canelo vs Floyd (catchweight of 152) - 166.8

Canelo vs Trout - 172

GGG fight night weight is between 168-171.

GGG doesn't let himself get much bigger than that year round though(Similar to the klitschko's in that regard). Where as Canelo has been known to walk around at 180+ before training camp.

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Past fights

Canelo vs Lara - 171

Canelo vs Angulo - 174 http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/03/canelo-weighed-174-lbs-for-angulo-fight-last-night/

Canelo vs Floyd (catchweight of 152) - 166.8

Canelo vs Trout - 172

GGG fight night weight is between 168-171.

GGG doesn't let himself get much bigger than that year round though(Similar to the klitschko's in that regard). Where as Canelo has been known to walk around at 180+ before training camp.

Interesting.   If they are both fighting at a similar, comfortable weight on the day of the fight, I'd say Canelo has a shot.   I'd still favor Triple G 70/30ish, but you never know.  I used to hate Canelo with a passion, but he's growing on me.  (Still like Trip G more)

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

My favorite boxer to watch right now is definitely Lomachenko.  if you guys haven't seen him make sure to check him out!

Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux are the two greatest amateurs of all time. For anyone that truly can appreciate the sweet science, these two are a beauty to watch. Right now, they are a couple of weight classes apart. But, it would be interesting to watch these two masters if a catchweight could be figured out.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

My favorite boxer to watch right now is definitely Lomachenko.  if you guys haven't seen him make sure to check him out!

He is good, however I like Terrance Crawford (BIGTIME) and Mikey Garcia allot. Im also really looking forward to the Spence Brook fight. Spence has a chance to be really special.

• Like 1