OT-Canelo vs Chavez

AztecPadre

I just read that yesterday marked the 20th anniversary of the Deigo Corrales-Jose-Luis Castillo fight. You want to talk abt a war. Many another one who died way to young.

Gosh so many great fights. Ward-Gatti all 3. Barrera-Morales all 3. Tommy and Marvin still the best 3 rounds ever. Duran and Davy Moore.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I just read that yesterday marked the 20th anniversary of the Deigo Corrales-Jose-Luis Castillo fight. You want to talk abt a war. Many another one who died way to young.

Gosh so many great fights. Ward-Gatti all 3. Barrera-Morales all 3. Tommy and Marvin still the best 3 rounds ever. Duran and Davy Moore.

Yes all the above were such great fights.  I wish somebody would have pulled Gatti into retirement WAY before he did.  That guy took so many beatings.  It was inevitable that he would have brain damage which is what they said led to his suicide. Lets not forget Pacquiao vs Marquez fights and Barrera fights were so much fun to watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Yes all the above were such great fights.  I wish somebody would have pulled Gatti into retirement WAY before he did.  That guy took so many beatings.  It was inevitable that he would have brain damage which is what they said led to his suicide. Lets not forget Pacquiao vs Marquez fights and Barrera fights were so much fun to watch.

I thought I read somewhere they charged Gotti's wife with murder?  I know Ward sd no way he killed himself.

There is no way the wife could have beat him up and hung him.  I think they had a fight that got somewhat physical and he just decided to end it.  Although she could not explain how she could have been in the room for 10 hours and not noticed the man hanging behind her. 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

There is no way the wife could have beat him up and hung him.  I think they had a fight that got somewhat physical and he just decided to end it.  Although she could not explain how she could have been in the room for 10 hours and not noticed the man hanging behind her. 

IDK man something aint right.

32 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Which of these two was the one to take it to Mayweather?   I'll never forget that fight.  I remember thinking there was no doubt Mayweather lost.    Maybe the only time I've thought this.   Maidana I guess supposedly too, but I never saw that whole fight 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Which of these two was the one to take it to Mayweather?   I'll never forget that fight.  I remember thinking there was no doubt Mayweather lost.    Maybe the only time I've thought this.   Maidana I guess supposedly too, but I never saw that whole fight 

I thought Castillo did beat Meyweather the first time. I thought he was robbed without a doubt. Corrales was way to small by the time he fought Meyweather.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I thought Castillo did beat Meyweather the first time. I thought he was robbed without a doubt. Corrales was way to small by the time he fought Meyweather.

Must have been the first Castillo fight.   I'll have to look it up, it was a good while back.  

A really good relatively recent fight you guys might enjoy...shows how great Crawford is.  NOBODY wanted anything to do with Gamboa at the time.   Crawford stepped up to the challenge.  Crawford was bigger though, I don't think anyone of Gamboa's true size would've been able to take him at the time, kid had some serious talent.  (not the smartest and overconfident for sure though) 

44 minutes ago, 954gator said:

A really good relatively recent fight you guys might enjoy...shows how great Crawford is.  NOBODY wanted anything to do with Gamboa at the time.   Crawford stepped up to the challenge.  Crawford was bigger though, I don't think anyone of Gamboa's true size would've been able to take him at the time, kid had some serious talent.  (not the smartest and overconfident for sure though) 

Yeah he gave Crawford problems for 3 or 4 rounds then Crawford went southpaw and it was over.  Crawford to me is top dog right now

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

Gamboa should've never fought Crawford. Gamboa is a featherweight who went up for that fight to lightweight to fight Crawford whose really a super lightweight/welterweight(10-14 pound difference). Gamboa is an elite fighter at 130, but that's as big as he should be fighting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Gamboa should've never fought Crawford. Gamboa is a featherweight who went up for that fight to lightweight to fight Crawford whose really a super lightweight/welterweight(10-14 pound difference). Gamboa is an elite fighter at 130, but that's as big as he should be fighting.

Gamboa WAS an elite fighter. Kid blew it with his promotions team and immaturity. He quit this past weekend. He was a 19-1 favorite and friggin quit. He is done.

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Thing is everyone was scarred of Gamboa at the time.  I mean if you're a promoter you just did not want your guy fighting that freak.     Almost all of his big fights around then where against bigger, longer, fighters. (most 2 classes bigger honestly) 

Still even then Gamboa could have won this fight if he wasn't hard headed,  Gamboa is so dang fast he could beat anyone on points, but he's one of those guys that gets angry and can be enticed to trade blows.  He's not very disciplined, he and Rigo where like opposites in that regard. 

25 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Gamboa WAS an elite fighter. Kid blew it with his promotions team and immaturity. He quit this past weekend. He was a 19-1 favorite and friggin quit. He is done.

Kid definitely had anger and trust issues, and I don't really blame him.   Top rank, Golden boy, etc are going to take full advantage of dudes like him.   It's a shady business.

I'd love to see a 30/30 on him and Rigo's story as defectors in the future.  

17 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Kid definitely had anger and trust issues, and I don't really blame him.   Top rank, Golden boy, etc are going to take full advantage of dudes like him.   It's a shady business.

I'd love to see a 30/30 on him and Rigo's story as defectors in the future.  

out of likes