California has declared a state of emergency with 54 cases of coronavirus

BigDrop

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Grab your popcorn, Armageddon is finally here

You see these videos of areas on lockdown, and hear that California clown newsome declared State of Emergency and think world is ending. 
Well I been at ER for hours in California, no nurse or Drs walking around in mask, no guards at the door, no zombies walking around. I asked the Dr what they’re doing for CoronaVirus and her exact words were “nothing, business as usual”. We were in hospital for a week end of Feb and no precautions taken other than asking if we been to China recently. 
When the wife was checking in today,  they asked her if she been to Italy or China in last month or know anyone with Virus. That is it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Well I been at ER for hours in California, no nurse or Drs walking around in mask, no guards at the door, no zombies walking around. I asked the Dr what they’re doing for CoronaVirus and her exact words were “nothing, business as usual”. We were in hospital for a week end of Feb and no precautions taken other than asking if we been to China recently. 
When the wife was checking in today,  they asked her if she been to Italy or China in last month or know anyone with Virus. That is it. 

I would expect that to change over the course of the next few days, especially if that hospital begins to admit and treat positive patients.  We're in double digits of admitted cases now.  We've had front line staff in masks and eye protection all week-I do think it is a bit of overkill, but like I wrote before "in an over abundance of caution" has been the catch phrase of the week.  The only reason that there are guards at the door (well, not really at the door, but there is a greater security presence) is because visitors are continually trying to steal boxes of masks.  They are treating it as airborne now, although I heard the CDC is about to create a new category called "specialized droplet".  My staff have been troopers, but I expect burn out and stress related sick calls to start rolling in early next week.  People are not scared, we're just all tired.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

I would expect that to change over the course of the next few days, especially if that hospital begins to admit and treat positive patients.  We're in double digits of admitted cases now.  We've had front line staff in masks and eye protection all week-I do think it is a bit of overkill, but like I wrote before "in an over abundance of caution" has been the catch phrase of the week.  The only reason that there are guards at the door (well, not really at the door, but there is a greater security presence) is because visitors are continually trying to steal boxes of masks.  They are treating it as airborne now, although I heard the CDC is about to create a new category called "specialized droplet".  My staff have been troopers, but I expect burn out and stress related sick calls to start rolling in early next week.  People are not scared, we're just all tired.

There was an old couple here who was on Princess cruise ship that ended on 21st and is currently being held in SF. They were here as precaution as they receiving emails from CDC to get check up. 

All they did was do vitals and are waiting on word from Public health to see what further instructions to give. This happen room next to us and outside our open door. They did have a Senior staff member come down to make sure they sanitized and verify they didn’t touch anything or sit anywhere. 

2 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

You see these videos of areas on lockdown, and hear that California clown newsome declared State of Emergency and think world is ending. 

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny.

The party of fear scarfing at science once again. 

• Like 1