Georgia Rep. Veron Jones Resigns "Leaving the Plantation"

Blueliner

Uh Oh. Anotha brotha leaving the plantation. As you can imagine, after years of service for them, the "tolerant" left will continue to call him an Uncle Tom and that he's not really black, and that he's "an embarrassment" (apparently for having independent thought) . And then they'll wonder why he left....well actually they won't. They know why, and don't care...onward with the agenda at any cost to anyone and everything that we have come to know as Americans!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-georgia-rep-who-endorsed-trump-resigns-after-backlash-report

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Uh Oh. Anotha brotha leaving the plantation. As you can imagine, after years of service for them, the "tolerant" left will continue to call him an Uncle Tom and that he's not really black. And then they'll wonder why he left....well actually they won't. They know why, and don't care...onward with the agenda at any cost to anyone and everything that we have come to know as Americans!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-georgia-rep-who-endorsed-trump-resigns-after-backlash-report

Brother has walked from one plantation, packed his bags and walked onto another.  Congrats to him!  😂 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I doubt you even read it.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Jones told The Rashad Richey Morning Show, a talk show in Atlanta, that despite his resignation he would not be leaving the Democratic Party because "somebody's got to be in there to hold them accountable -- hold them accountable to how they are treating black people [and] root out the bigotry."

His statements make no sense. So it's understandable that he would endorse Trump and then resign when everybody in his party attacked him for his ridiculous behavior.

• Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Brother has walked from one plantation, packed his bags and walked onto another.  Congrats to him!  😂 

I personally believe that the "plantation" that he joining is a huge upgrade from the one he's leaving. But I see what you're getting at and your point to an extent. A pretty small extent. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I personally believe that the "plantation" that he joining is a huge upgrade from the one he's leaving. But I see what you're getting at and your point to an extent. A pretty small extent. 

Like what he said "Im going with the guy who is getting Blacks out of jail (Trump) they are going with the guy who put Blacks in jail (Biden).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I don’t like long winded posts so I’ll keep it short.  

The black cause or issues have been reduced to addressing issues from a sector that represents the lowest denominator, such as prison reform and social benefits.  That’s nothing to get excited about as it doesn’t close the overall wealth gap nor create economic and business opportunities.  The vast majority of us aren’t criminal, my and others issues are bigger than getting folks outta jail. 

We’ve been complacent with civil rights passage such as voting which was already a right from the 13th amendment ratified~1870.  Almost a 100 years and a basic right was denied ...both parties being complicit in its denial and oppression.  

However, real reform was done for European immigrants that either gave them wealth or created opportunities that excluded blacks, minorities: homestead act of 1860s, slavery, SSA act of 1935 which didn’t allow domestic and farm workers to gain benefits, post ww2 G.I. bill which was discriminatory in its application (housing, business loans) 

I support a candidate that’s actually doing something substantive.  Neither party has ever done that as a platform.  They don’t deserve my loyalty.  I prefer to see a surge in a independent party affiliation and as a block give our support to whomever meets the demands! 

there is other stuff but these are the main things 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

So, no, you didn't read the article that you posted.

As usual.

He merely resigned his seat. He did not leave the party.

Although he should because his political career is over. What sense does it make to endorse the nominee from the other party (the worst one ever, too).

What did this clown expect?

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Serious question. Is there one prominent black conservative that isn’t criticized, belittled, or disrespected? 

Can someone post the name of a black conservative/republican who is publicly held in high esteem? 

I don’t have a problem with a black in the Republican Party as long as they don’t come off as a caricature.  Some try too hard to fit in or show they are different.  (That’s a different discussion) some folks I liked: Colin Powell, JC watts, condoleezza rice, will Hurd, tim Scott, Herman Cain.  I had no problem with these people serving the Republican Party.  

I respect Colin Powell a lot, (although I felt he lied to the public about wmd in Iraq.) 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t have a problem with a black in the Republican Party as long as they don’t come off as a caricature.

What's funny is that this bozo said he wants to "get rid of the bigotry against black Republicans and Independents" but he's neither of those. He's a Democrat who endorsed the Republican candidate.

If he was a Republican or Independent this wouldn't be a news story, he wouldn't have needed to resign and he wouldn't be getting called "an embarrassment."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2