For New Jersey people only

imaGoodBoyNow

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I lived around the corner on 6th Street for several years. 

I lived there from age 4 through 21.  You may have known some friends and acquaintances of mine.  Artie McLaughlin was Chief of Police, and Bob Bonano was a longtime councilman and member of the fire department.  Played LL baseball with Ben Romeo, who later was mayor.  Tax collector George Stanton was the father of one of my best friends, and a mayor named Vaccaro (don't remember his first name) was also the father of a friend.  Played a lot of basketball in town with some of the high school kids even after moving out of town, became pretty good friends with the coach Marty Rivard.  All a long time ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So you attended DBP being from Cresskill? That wasn’t common in those days, as well as now. Cresskill is smack dab in the middle of BC territory! 

There were a few Cresskill kids at Bosco back then, although more at BC.  When I took the HS entrance exam my listed choices were SJR, BC & DBP, in that order.  I ended up at Bosco because my dad managed to convince Fr. Big Al Sokol to give us a tuition break.

• Like 1

lightning the way is the main cause of the closures....once they changed the funding system for the schools about 5 yrs ago...it has had a trickle effect.   Catholic church wants out of schools....I am convinced....so for instance for SJR we are  part of the archdiocese and one of our main goals is to become a private school like BC and Bosco...gonna take some time and a lot of money...but very doable....and no there will never be a merger with BC....just think of the outsiders when the greasers beat the socs....that would happen on a daily basis if this ever occurred. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SJR89 said:

lightning the way is the main cause of the closures....once they changed the funding system for the schools about 5 yrs ago...it has had a trickle effect.   Catholic church wants out of schools....I am convinced....so for instance for SJR we are  part of the archdiocese and one of our main goals is to become a private school like BC and Bosco...gonna take some time and a lot of money...but very doable....and no there will never be a merger with BC....just think of the outsiders when the greasers beat the socs....that would happen on a daily basis if this ever occurred. 

I agree with you 100%. There would never be a merger. Logistically it would be impossible because there is no way the BC administration or alumni would be willing to tolerate the time (2 years at a minimum) and money it would take to enroll all the SJR kids in the remedial courses necessary for them to catch up academically. Do you know how many trailers we would have to have in the parking lots for them to be able to get all the extra help.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

I agree with you 100%. There would never be a merger. Logistically it would be impossible because there is no way the BC administration or alumni would be willing to tolerate the time (2 years at a minimum) and money it would take to enroll all the SJR kids in the remedial courses necessary for them to catch up academically. Do you know how many trailers we would have to have in the parking lots for them to be able to get all the extra help.

what is truly sad that their are idiots that believe this drivel....lets pray for football on time in the fall...if not then alumni tackle games shall be commence........old school......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

there is no way the BC administration or alumni would be willing to tolerate the time (2 years at a minimum) and money it would take to enroll all the SJR kids in the remedial courses necessary for them to catch up academically. Do you know how many trailers we would have to have in the parking lots for them to be able to get all the extra help.

😆😆