Florida OOS games could be at risk

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

There is currently a proposal to move the season back or even flip the season schedule which would likely destroy any OOS games involving FHSAA schools should it be passed by the board of directors

Same case in Tennessee and Michigan maybe. Wouldn't be surprised if Georgia and other states follow suit.

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

About 75 percent of all OOS games involving a Florida team is a mismatch against the Florida team. Every year. Been that way for a while. Teams here sign up for ass whoopings at breakneck speed. 

So not playing any OOS teams would be a relief 

Two exceptions to that may be Armwood vs. Marietta and STA vs. McEachern. Both games go in favor of Florida. Would love to see those played out, though.

Same question I asked on the Florida board: What is the benefit to moving the season to spring? Doesn't that assume we'll have a widely available vaccine by then? That's a foolish assumption. Sort of like how lots of large scale events postponed until Fall of 2020. All that did was ultimately delay the inevitable cancellation. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Two exceptions to that may be Armwood vs. Marietta and STA vs. McEachern. Both games go in favor of Florida. Would love to see those played out, though.

I believe McEachern game was already cancelled

Also I saw a few others that I think could be good games but I may make a list closer to the season if they stand

51 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

About 75 percent of all OOS games involving a Florida team is a mismatch against the Florida team. Every year. Been that way for a while. Teams here sign up for ass whoopings at breakneck speed. 

So not playing any OOS teams would be a relief 

Shut up

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I believe McEachern game was already cancelled

Also I saw a few others that I think could be good games but I may make a list closer to the season if they stand

McEachern scheduled Milton as of yesterday, that should be really fun.

• Thanks 1