Troll told me to post this

HSFBfan

Just now, HSFBfan said:

He is having log in issues so he said for everyone to have a good summer 

615877687.jpg

So, it's going to take all summer to fix a log in issue? That does not make much sense to me. I know he is no spring chicken, but I thought he had an information technology background. 

If he want's to take a time out for personal or other reasons, he can do that without coming up with what seems to be a lame ass reason. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

So, it's going to take all summer to fix a log in issue? That does not make much sense to me. I know he is no spring chicken, but I thought he had an information technology background. 

If he want's to take a time out for personal or other reasons, he can do that without coming up with what seems to be a lame ass reason. 

He seems to get these log in issues often. But I dont want to speak for him. I posted what I was told to post

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

He seems to get these log in issues often. But I dont want to speak for him. I posted what I was told to post

Fair enough. I was not blaming you as you are just delivering his message. I am just saying it seems strange that log in issues could keep him away for the rest of the summer or even a week for that matter. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Fair enough. I was not blaming you as you are just delivering his message. I am just saying it seems strange that log in issues could keep him away for the rest of the summer or even a week for that matter. 

Idk i woke up to the text message from him. Like u said im just the messenger. 

I was having some security certificate issues with the site a week back. My browser was warning me that the security certificate date on the website didn't match the date as listed on my computer. This could mean the site had been hijacked by a hacker that is redirecting traffic through his own site in an attempt to identify members or capture various information about them. 

I seemed to be getting that error message for several hours per my Chrome  browser, so, I did avoid using the site during that time outside of one advanced log in to see if others were active on the site, which they were at the time. 

Hopefully these are just some bugs from a server/hosting update, but, I'd remain vigilant. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 7:50 AM, HSFBfan said:

He is having log in issues so he said for everyone to have a good summer 

615877687.jpg

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That message appears to be different from the security certificate I got. 
My only thought is Troll is firewalled out due to an infection, IDK. 
bgw

I had a message saying some bullshit and kept me off, all I did was clear web and browser history and it reset

• Haha 1

In some cases, when a route is being overloaded with random data/pings/requests for responces, the provider will shutdown the site until the hack can be addressed and stopped. I've seen services stopped for several weeks. Happens when a group of hackers decides to hit someone. Normally the service will only be delayed with many dropped connections and it can be painful if you need to use your internet... key word being need.

Also; A Ping flood, also known as ICMP flood, is a common Denial of Service (DoS) attack in which an attacker takes down a victim's computer by overwhelming it with ICMP echo requests, also known as pings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

In some cases, when a route is being overloaded with random data/pings/requests for responces, the provider will shutdown the site until the hack can be addressed and stopped. I've seen services stopped for several weeks. Happens when a group of hackers decides to hit someone. Normally the service will only be delayed with many dropped connections and it can be painful if you need to use your internet... key word being need.

Also; A Ping flood, also known as ICMP flood, is a common Denial of Service (DoS) attack in which an attacker takes down a victim's computer by overwhelming it with ICMP echo requests, also known as pings. 

To what end would a hacker do that?

Personal? Just spitballing here. 

bgw

Well that is a good question. It could be 'anyone' with a computer. Someone from a rival provider company. Someone who has a problem with a provider for reasons unknown. Someone just for shits and giggles. A hacker group from overseas.  We live in a whacked society and it seems to get worse by the decade.

No real reasoning or sanity.

• Like 1