Why do Grayson players never go to UGA?

HooverOutlaw

On 7/13/2020 at 7:14 AM, Ga96 said:

How has Grayson players turned out ? I haven't checked but I haven't heard anything from them after high school. All I remember is nkemdiche.

Nkemdiche going to Ole Miss was another dirty deal along with many others.  I wonder if he was a traveling 285 all star guy like so many others.

17 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Well yes I saw both games and not sure what you were referring too about two games as I saw both. With regard to your little school. Most of your players migrated north to your little upstart school. Funny Herron a HOF coach couldn’t stand the stinch of cheating as he knew what and how to build a team with integrity. And while we are at it let’s be real about how y’all play in Greenville. Watched both games up there which clearly indicated home cooking. And finally 5SC outweighs a yearly recruited team. Hope this helps there Fred!!

You make no sense at all.  First two games y'all came to Grayson highly ranked and lost to a team that had only been playing region football for 6-7 years.  Little school?  Ha!  According to the State DOE as of March 5, 2020 we had 157 more students than Lowndes did.  I expect our number to continue to grow as there is a tremendous amount of development going on in our cluster.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we don't have 3,500 within the next 4-5 years if not sooner.  Speaking of small, I think it is hilarious that when Lowndes football and band come to Atlanta, Lowndes county has to early release the elementary, middle, and high schools because otherwise you don't have enough school buses to get all the kids home!  Now that's small!  Jeff Herron left because he didn't want to put up with the acknowledged daddy ball interference.  I can't say that I really blame him.  What the heck are you talking about us playing ball in Greenville?  Senility  setting in for you where we are?  Funny how anytime Lowndes loses it is always home cooking.  Not just against us but most anytime y'all lose.  I've seen you say on the Georgia boards so much I bet your computer or phone or whatever you use recognizes it as a most common phrase and suggests it like auto-correct when you start to type something.

I will be happy to put our record up against yours.

Lowndes
1966-2020
401-215-3 .650 win percentage
5 state - 13 region

Grayson
2000-2020
182-56  .765 win percentage
2 state - 10 region

We have a higher winning percentage than Lowndes.  We've won our 2 State Championships in the 13 years since Lowndes has won one.  We got to state faster.  We've won more state champs as a percentage of our games.  We are 34 years newer than Lowndes and which team shows up in national discussions more?  Shall I keep going?  SMH.

29 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Nkemdiche going to Ole Miss was another dirty deal along with many others.  I wonder if he was a traveling 285 all star guy like so many others.

And how exactly was that a dirty deal?  His brother was there and his mother wanted him to play with his brother.  I think that was a mistake as Denzel was *not* a good influence but when Mamma wants you to do something, you do it.

You really need to get that chip of your shoulder about every thing at Grayson is shady or dirty.  You don't know everything you think you do.  Such as Robert played in GFL at Bay Creek Park, the park associated with Grayson.  *ALL* of his football playing was in the Grayson programs.  Stuff like that makes you look so petty.  I guess it still burns that Herron beat y'all in Hoover and the our first year for us, second year coaching overall Coach Hunnicutt beat y'all when you came to Grayson.

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Much smaller sample size and Grayson has played an easier schedule than Lowndes the majority of those 20 years. 

Carry on

But that's the thing about percentages.  They normalize the numbers to where you can make a valid comparison.  So I am to believe Lowndes hasn't played some easy teams since 1966 or even since 2000 when we opened?  Not buying that.

Even if you just look at the 20 years we've been open, we favorably compare.  Then we are talking their 3 states to our 2 yet they were an established team and we were just starting to play.  Still faster to region and state champs.  If you want to go back and look at their first 20 years vs our first 20 years we *still* compare favorably.  It is only if you look at their total body of work raw numbers do you begin to see any advantage but that's not a good comparison because it isn't apples to apples.

You lose.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

And how exactly was that a dirty deal?  His brother was there and his mother wanted him to play with his brother.  I think that was a mistake as Denzel was *not* a good influence but when Mamma wants you to do something, you do it.

You really need to get that chip of your shoulder about every thing at Grayson is shady or dirty.  You don't know everything you think you do.  Such as Robert played in GFL at Bay Creek Park, the park associated with Grayson.  *ALL* of his football playing was in the Grayson programs.  Stuff like that makes you look so petty.  I guess it still burns that Herron beat y'all in Hoover and the our first year for us, second year coaching overall Coach Hunnicutt beat y'all when you came to Grayson.

Ole Miss under Freeze was one of the dirtiest programs in history.  Since the start of recruiting rankings in the 80's Ole Miss was not even close to a top 30 program.  But Freeze comes in and 5 stars from all over the nation start coming. The NCAA proved this that why they were put on probation. Kids move and transfer so much in Atlanta it's so rare a star player in Gwinnett County stays in the same system from grades 1-12 I just ask. Hunnicutt beat us on having much better talent not by coaching.  Hoover never had a Coach who the players refused to practice for.

If Grayson is so wonderful why do they swap Coaches like underwear?

25 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If Grayson is wonderful why do they swap Coaches like underwear?

They often underachieve with their talent. I haven’t followed the entire conversation but this whole Grayson is wonderful thing is kinda silly. They’ve won two championships in 20 seasons and it took about 10 transfers and overtime to win the second one. 

They’re a good program that produces a lot of talent and attracts a ton of move ins

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Lowndes ended Grayson’s season two years in a row. They played twice when the lights were the brightest in 2018 and 2019 and Grayson lost both games

Lowndes is a better program than Grayson right now

No team was at a bigger disadvantage than Lowndes having to overcome Valdosta when first starting.  I'm sure it took years to just to get close.  

23 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Ole Miss under Freeze was one of the dirtiest programs in history.  Since the start of recruiting rankings in the 80's Ole Miss was not even close to a top 30 program.  But Freeze comes in and 5 stars from all over the nation start coming. The NCAA proved this that why they were put on probation. Kids move and transfer so much in Atlanta it's so rare a star player in Gwinnett County stays in the same system from grades 1-12 I just ask. Hunnicutt beat us on having much better talent not by coaching.  Hoover never had a Coach who the players refused to practice for.

If Grayson is wonderful why do they swap Coaches like underwear?

I don't remember you claiming your players weren't so good at the time and I definitely remember you crowing about how good your coach is and how coaching wins games.

Mickey was here for 16 years.  Jeff had his own agenda.  As much as I liked Christian, there was too much interference.  Adam is starting his second year and has put down roots, something Jeff and Christian didn't do.  The kids seems to like him, most of the parents seem to like him, and he has the support of administration.

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Lowndes has ended Grayson’s season two years in a row. They played twice when the lights were the brightest in 2018 and 2019 and Grayson lost both games. All the stat skewing and winning percentages doesn’t change that 

Lowndes is a better program than Grayson right now. It is what it is 

And Grayson ended Lowndes season 2 years in a row.  I don't know about the brightest in 2018.  There was a lot of talent but no motivation and that combination loses games especially when the kids know the admin doesn't support the coach.

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

And Grayson ended Lowndes season 2 years in a row.

De La Salle used to win the CIF title all the time, too... Doubt they mention that to Mater Dei and St John Bosco today  

Currently, Lowndes is a better football program than Grayson. They’ve played each other in the playoffs back to back seasons and Lowndes won both times. Moving forward, Lowndes has the better QB and much better head coach, don’t see it changing anytime soon. 

14 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They usually underachieve with their talent. I haven’t followed the entire conversation but this whole Grayson is wonderful thing is kinda silly. They’ve won two championships in 20 seasons and it took about 10 transfers and overtime to win the second one. 

They’re a very good program that produces a lot of talent and attracts a ton of move ins. But wouldn’t exactly call them wonderful, 18 times in the last 20 years they ended their season on a loss. 

I'm not saying Grayson is wonderful.  I'm pointing out the absolute crap that MTP is spewing in his weak efforts to denigrate Grayson and how it has no basis in reality.  There are a whole lot of teams that would be very glad to have won 2 championships and your school is one of them.  Funny how the game isn't over till it is over no matter how long it takes.  We were one excited but boneheaded play from winning in regulation.  It was 4th down, Roswell had to get inside the 5 I think to get a first down, the receiver was about 10 yards from the goal line and time was running out.  Our DB made a play for the ball instead of just tackling the receiver.  Tackle the receiver after he catches the ball and the game is over. It happens.  I hear this sort of stuff all the time about a winning score happening at the end of the game and people poo pooing it.  I don't remember comments about Roswell when the exact same thing happened the year before against Grayson in the semifinal only it gave Roswell the points they needed to win the game.

If you want to go there, 400+ teams in GA ended their season in a loss last year.  There are not more than a handful of teams than can say different.   Even might Colquitt has only won 2 in the past ten years.  Over the past 10 years, we've won a lot of games and been in a lot of playoffs and won 2 championships.  That ain't bad.  Poo poo it all you want.  It won't change the stats.

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

Poo poo it all you want.  It won't change the stats.

It’s all a deflection, my guy. None of your stats change the fact that Lowndes is currently better than Grayson. All your pie charts and winning percentages and excuses don’t change that. I’m all for Gwinnett but comparing these two particular programs does not favor your school. You’re letting your dislike for MTP and Outlaw get in the way of facts. You’ve been trying to justify Grayson as the better program and they’re clearly not

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

I don't remember you claiming your players weren't so good at the time and I definitely remember you crowing about how good your coach is and how coaching wins games.

Mickey was here for 16 years.  Jeff had his own agenda.  As much as I liked Christian, there was too much interference.  Adam is starting his second year and has put down roots, something Jeff and Christian didn't do.  The kids seems to like him, most of the parents seem to like him, and he has the support of administration.

Herron is one  the best Coaches I have seen vs Hoover. In both games Grayson's special teams were elite. Without checking I think Grayson got 4 tds off Hoover's bad special teams play.

The 2017 game it was Hoover going for 2 trying to tie it at 28 with 5 minutes left. Grayson blocked a punt and scored to make it 28-13 late 3rd.  Hoover outplayed Grayson for about 3 quarters. We even started a new QB on the road vs a national powerhouse and played well after the first quarter. Anyway  we are 0-2 vs Grayson.

29 minutes ago, Fred said:

I still think we had good players and we have a great Coach in Niblett.

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s all a deflection, my guy. None of your stats change the fact that Lowndes is currently better than Grayson. All your pie charts and winning percentages and excuses don’t change that. I’m all for Gwinnett but comparing these two particular programs does not favor your school. You’re letting your dislike for MTP and Outlaw get in the way of facts. You’ve been trying to justify Grayson as the better program and they’re clearly not

Yep he hates me, Colquitt, Rush etc. LOL

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Nope. You have it backwards.  I'm not Grayson is not the piece of poop they claim it is.  Your dislike of Grayson biases the way you read the exchange.  MTP does nothing except try to run us down both here and on the GA board.  Hoover drops bombs out of the blue about Grayson this or Grayson that.  The one in this thread was about Robert and then the comment about 285 transfer players when he doesn't know our program as well as he thinks he does.  I believe if you will go back and look at things, I don't come on either board crowing about how good we are or how bad another program is.  I defend my program.  I seem to remember you losing it big time a couple of years ago to the point you maybe got put in time out when someone went after you/your school.  Is it okay for you to defend yours but me not speak up for mine?

MTP goes on and on about 5 championships.  The reality is in the past 10 years, they are not the better program.  You are fond of posting stats.  Show me over the past ten years where Lowndes is the better program.  You cannot do it.

12 minutes ago, Fred said:

I seem to remember you losing it big time a couple of years ago to the point you maybe got put in time out when someone went after you/your school.  Is it okay for you to defend yours but me not speak up for mine

LOL you just making shit up now? I’ve never been placed on “timeout” on this forum or DJ’s. @PrepGridiron and @HawgGoneIt will be happy to confirm for you. 

The only time I mention Collins Hill is when Sportsnut would follow me around like a little puppydog back in the day and bring them up in every conversation. They’re not a state relevant team let alone national, so I don’t feel the need to speak about on this forum. 

I like Grayson and have rooted for them as I have friends with kids on the team. (Still do to this day) I’ve followed their program very closely over the years. There’s no bias involved when I state matter of factly that Lowndes is currently the better program. Fact #1, they ended their season in 2018. Fact #2, they ended their season in 2019. Fact #3, they have the higher rated QB by 247sports and Rivals. Fact #4, they have a championship winning HC. Lowndes is flat-out better than Grayson right now. I’m sorry If that hurts you. For what it’s worth I think Grayson is a top five program in Georgia 

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Yep he hates me, Colquitt, Rush etc. LOL

He hates me too 🤣 he’s an old man. It happens. They get grumpy.

I mean what I said though 🤷🏻‍♂️ I like Grayson, they’re a good program. Just not as good as some make them out to be

I don't care enough about either of you to hate you.  The only time I say anything about you or your teams is in response to some egregious .  Can you say the same?  You know you cannot.  Hate Rush and Colquitt?  Nope again.  I just seem him more for who he is than Hoover does.

Yep I'm older.  I doubt for Hoover but I know for ATL I'm old enough to be your father so you are right about that.  Grumpy because of it?  Not hardly.  I'm one of the most calm and even tempered people you would ever know.  I watch out for my team because i know they aren't as bad as some want to make them out to be.

LOL you just making shit up now? I’ve never been placed on “timeout” on this forum or DJ’s. @PrepGridiron and @HawgGoneIt will be happy to confirm for you. 

The only time I mention Collins Hill is when Sportsnut would follow me around like a little puppydog back in the day and bring them up in every conversation. They’re not a state relevant team let alone national, so I don’t feel the need to speak about on this forum. 

Like I said I like Grayson. Followed their program very closely over the years. There’s no bias involved when I state matter of factly that Lowndes is the better program. Fact #1, they ended their season in 2018. Fact #2, they ended their season in 2019. Fact #3, they have the higher rated QB by 247sports and Rivals. Fact #4, they have a championship winning HC. Lowndes is flat-out better than Grayson right now. I’m sorry that hurts you 

Yep you are right and I apologize.  It wasn't time out.  You lost your moderator status.  I remember now.