Official Georgia Decade Tournament

ngdawg

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

That's why i was behind the idea of Tennessee, it's a state that barely gets discussed on here and it would seperate those who know their stuff and the ones who just reading the maxpreps writups on the few teams that get all the attention, anyone can talk football on teams that is nationally known and discussed daily 

You're right on that. But then popularity wise California wins out. Tough decision. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ngdawg said:

You're right on that. But then popularity wise California wins out. Tough decision. 

I just think it's pointless to do California. Just start with the quarterfinals and close voting every 3 hours. You'll have about a days time invested and can then move on to something more interesting.

14 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I just think it's pointless to do California. Just start with the quarterfinals and close voting every 3 hours. You'll have about a days time invested and can then move on to something more interesting.

But there are so many good teams in the past decade for California and it would be tough to just choose 4 or 8.

Maybe wait a few days and let this one digest before doing another one

In mean time just start a poll with any potential state that can be discussed next (I'm still working on Florida)

So maybe a poll with 

Texas

Louisiana

Alabama

Tennessee

California

Ohio

Any of those could be the next state worth considering

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, Columbiafan said:

Grayson needed OT to beat Roswell in the state finals that year

Because of a bone headed play by a D back on the last play of regulation.  If he makes the tackle instead of going for the ball it is 20-14 and no one complains.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:26 PM, Columbiafan said:

Still fewest points Grayson scored since their near escape with McEachern in week 2 and was by far the closest game Grayson had their entire Playoff run

I was a little surprised we won against Mac. Still sorting out a new head coach with a different scheme that moved a lot of players around plus the new ones.  I think they came together as a team more that game and that helped them the rest of the season. 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, ngdawg said:

Didn't expect 2016 Grayson to be shut out at this point. I thought they had a fighting chance against 2015 Colquitt County. Guess not.

And this is why I don't generally participate in these things.  People vote their biases whether they know the teams or not especially if there are people voting from out of state.  There is no way 2011 Grayson was better than 2016 Grayson.  Likewise, there have been only a few teams that could hang with 2016 Grayson with 2015 Colquitt being one.