Official Georgia Decade Tournament

ngdawg

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I'm a little surprised that 2015 Colquitt County is shutting out 2016 Grayson at the moment. I really thought it would come down to the last vote to decide it.

2015 Colquitt was a monster which is why they shared a MNC and finished Top 5 in nearly every other poll.

2014 Colquitt was just as good in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

2015 Colquitt was a monster which is why they shared a MNC and finished Top 5 in nearly every other poll.

2014 Colquitt was just as good in my opinion.

To be honest...on a neutral field...I thought the 2013 Hawgs were as good as most teams during the decade.  The 13 Hawgs versus the 14 Hawgs would have been a Battle Royale.

But the 15 Hawgs and the 16 Rams were the two best teams in Georgia High School football in the past decade.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

@BUFORDGAWOLVES@954gator@Columbiafan@CCBlackhatter@HooverOutlaw@Omaha Vol@georgiagator1@TheMaximumHornetSting @Sweetlarry @ATLien12x and others...

Final Four:

(1) 2019 Marietta vs. (1) 2014 Colquitt County

(1) 2019 Lowndes vs. (2) 2015 Colquitt County

Voting will close on Wednesday at 9:00 pm and will be extended if necessary. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Honestly that 2018 Colquitt team was excellent.   Think they would have taken Marietta.   

Same. 2019 Marietta was confusing. 2018 Colquitt was more all-rounded. Marietta beat the good teams and lost to the average ones.

Just now, 954gator said:

Roswell and Lowndes would have been a great game, I probably woulda taken Roswell. 

Over Lowndes? I would have taken Lowndes in a 10 point victory. They had one stumble the whole season, and unfortunately that happened to be in the championship game. Roswell put up a real dogfight against Grayson in their title game, though. Tough one.

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Over Lowndes? I would have taken Lowndes in a 10 point victory. They had one stumble the whole season, and unfortunately that happened to be in the championship game. Roswell put up a real dogfight against Grayson in their title game, though. Tough one.

Yeah Roswell's D was something fierce.   Would have been a great game, but that Roswell team was sick.    I feel there were more stacked teams in 16.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'd have taken 16 Grayson over them too.    Still would have been solid games. 

53 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES@954gator@Columbiafan@CCBlackhatter@HooverOutlaw@Omaha Vol@georgiagator1@TheMaximumHornetSting @Sweetlarry @ATLien12x and others...

Final Four:

Voting will close on Wednesday at 9:00 pm and will be extended if necessary. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Final Four:

Oh man... 

2014 Colquitt 

2015 Colquitt

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Still fewest points Grayson scored since their near escape with McEachern in week 2 and was by far the closest game Grayson had their entire Playoff run

And Grayson was one of the best in the country. Roswell had a great season. But I tell ya, there's something wrong with Grayson, McEachern, Hillgrove, Marietta, and other teams in that region and other close by regions. So much unpredictability.