Is there a difference in being republican and being racist ?

Ga96

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Its because of the violence from people that is destroying ur message 

Turn them in and maybe more people will side with it 

Remember, violent protesters are not a part of BLM. They should be disregarded. It just depends on your outlook. If you have a negative outlook, you're only going to see the ones who break stuff. If you actually want to understand and even have a positive outlook, you have to see the peaceful protesters and their efforts.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Remember, violent protesters are not a part of BLM. They should be disregarded. It just depends on your outlook. If you have a negative outlook, you're only going to see the ones who break stuff. If you actually want to understand and even have a positive outlook, you have to see the peaceful protesters and their efforts.

When you start locking up the people destroying our country ill listen 

There should be mass arrests 

25 minutes ago, concha said:

Yes.  Racists exist and are going to continue to exist and are not exclusive to any party, ideology, race, creed or gender.

Thankfully - and in stark contrast to what the media and certain pols would have you believe - things are actually much better than they were a generation ago and that generation was better than the generation before.

I agree that racists exist regardless of class, gender, race, etc. 

And I also agree that things are much better. The one thing I noticed that you understand that others don't is that change actually has been made over the past few generations.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

When you start locking up the people destroying our country ill listen 

There should be mass arrests 

Again, it's a process. The reason police were hesitant at first is because of the George Floyd result. Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for good cops. But only good cops. Arrests will be on their way. Just wait. Until then, have a positive outlook.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I agree that racists exist regardless of class, gender, race, etc. 

And I also agree that things are much better. The one thing I noticed that you understand that others don't is that change actually has been made over the past few generations.

Which is the party that hangs on to racism and division as a tool to keep and gain power? Should be an easy one.

Which is the party of identity politics?

Which party talks out of one side of its mouth saying we need to stop separating people and we are all one race, and then in the next sentence(s) will divide and identify us by race/gender/orientation?

Which party brought about the poverty and dependence created by the modern state and is never held to account over it?

Ditto for things like the Biden-pushed 1994 criminal justice acts that filled our jails?

Which side will reflexively attack blacks who have a different opinion and take conservative viewpoints as Uncle Toms, PorchN*****s and the like? Is that a party truly for freedom and civil rights?

1 minute ago, concha said:

Which is the party that hangs on to racism and division as a tool to keep and gain power? Should be an easy one.

Which is the party of identity politics?

Which party talks out of one side of its mouth saying we need to stop separating people and we are all one race, and then in the next sentence(s) will divide and identify us by race/gender/orientation?

Which party brought about the poverty and dependence created by the modern state and is never held to account over it?

Ditto for things like the Biden-pushed 1994 criminal justice acts that filled our jails?

Which side will reflexively attack blacks who have a different opinion and take conservative viewpoints as Uncle Toms, PorchN*****s and the like? Is that a party truly for freedom and civil rights?

I'm not even going to answer this. Neither party is perfect, and the Republican Party has had its fair share of debauchery. This is my cue to leave, when you begin the attack and not continue the discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

I'm not even going to answer this. Neither party is perfect, and the Republican Party has had its fair share of debauchery. This is my cue to leave, when you begin the attack and not continue the discussion.

Did you even read the title to this thread?

SMDH

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I suggested a revision to the title, you can scroll back and find it.

So you think some questions to get folks to think a bit is out-of-line?

I'll note that you appeared to clearly try to flip the racism stain from the Dems to the Republicans.

But my questions are an attack?

Just now, concha said:

So you think some questions to get folks to think a bit is out-of-line?

I'll note that you appeared to clearly try to flip the racism stain from the Dems to the Republicans.

But my questions are an attack?

Your questions don't make people think. They are not unbiased questions, and they are designed to attack a certain party. I wouldn't support someone who confronted Republicans by asking biased questions, too. Also, don't use the N-word, even if it's starred out. That legitimately pisses me off.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Your questions don't make people think. They are not unbiased questions, and they are designed to attack a certain party. I wouldn't support someone who confronted Republicans by asking biased questions, too. Also, don't use the N-word, even if it's starred out. That legitimately pisses me off.

Clearly they don't make YOU think. As it's noted that none of these quite legitimate and defensible points were made by you. 

You might call a question biased, and if it is so it should be easily countered/corrected.

I am not here to please you.  And you might be surprised to know I have people on ignore on this very site for using the n-bomb (UNstarred).

Does it piss you off that a certain side of the aisle screams racist at the other just for waking up in the morning?

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Clearly they don't make YOU think. As it's noted that none of these quite legitimate and defensible points were made by you. 

You might call a question biased, and if it is so it should be easily countered/corrected.

I am not here to please you.  And you might be surprised to know I have people on ignore on this very site for using the n-bomb (UNstarred).

Does it piss you off that a certain side of the aisle screams racist at the other just for waking up in the morning?

I found the title of this thread a little misleading, so I offered an alternate title. Is that not a correction?

And I think many people think racism is being used as an excuse, even when it's clear as day.

Just now, ngdawg said:

I found the title of this thread a little misleading, so I offered an alternate title. Is that not a correction?

And I think many people think racism is being used as an excuse, even when it's clear as day.

The thread was started by an imbecile who has been one of the site's premier race baiters for ages.

Some folks have tennis elbow.

He has race card elbow.

8 minutes ago, concha said:

The thread was started by an imbecile who has been one of the site's premier race baiters for ages.

Some folks have tennis elbow.

He has race card elbow.

However, people are starting to think that's an excuse, even when it's a perfectly good explanation. Sure, Ga96 maybe not have the best track record, but he did ask a pretty fair question. And on the first page, someone even answered that question and Ga96 thanked him for it.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

However, people are starting to think that's an excuse, even when it's a perfectly good explanation. Sure, Ga96 maybe not have the best track record, but he did ask a pretty fair question. And on the first page, someone even answered that question and Ga96 thanked him for it.

No, it really wasn't fair.

It is simply a narrative pushed by the left and slapped on this site by one of its premier race card throwers.

I find it funny that you think my questions were attacks but his obvious attack was fair...

...seeing as you are non-partisan or appear to purport to be. Right?

5 minutes ago, concha said:

It is simply a narrative pushed by the left and slapped on this site by one of its premier race card throwers.

I find it funny that you think my questions were attacks but his obvious attack was fair...

I believe that I am non-partisan, but I support BLM. You don't have to be Republican or Democrat to support BLM.

And I would be willing to answer his question. No, not all Republicans are racist. And not all racists are Republicans. However, I can see how many would come to think that those who support Trump (very right wing) are racist. Trump shares an utter disregard for equality and is more focused on how to advance economically, leaving the country in shambles socially. Now, Trump is good for the economy and certain policies, but his stance on rights sometimes infuriates me.

8 minutes ago, concha said:

I forgot to add this to my last post. I like moderation. I do not support a very right wing president OR a very left wing president. I would prefer someone who is moderate. I would have to do more research to determine which party I will support (I get my right to vote in 2 years). I believe that in any scenario, whether political or not, moderation is better than extremity.

Just now, ngdawg said:

I believe that I am non-partisan, but I support BLM. You don't have to be Republican or Democrat to support BLM.

And I would be willing to answer his question. No, not all Republicans are racist. And not all racists are Republicans. However, I can see how many would come to think that those who support Trump (very right wing) are racist. Trump shares an utter disregard for equality and is more focused on how to advance economically, leaving the country in shambles socially. Now, Trump is good for the economy and certain policies, but his stance on rights sometimes infuriates me.

You support BLM the neo-Marxist front group that really doesn't give a shit about black lives, or you support the phrase/idea of "black lives mattering"?

They are two vastly different things.

Just now, concha said:

You support BLM the neo-Marxist front group that really doesn't give a shit about black lives, or you support the phrase/idea of "black lives mattering"?

Black Lives Matter is a movement made of peaceful protesters. I told this to HSFB Fan and I'll say it to you: if someone acts violently, they are NOT a part of BLM. They act independently and BLM does not and will not associate with them. Just because they shout "Black Lives Matter" before destroying something does not mean they're part of the movement. With this out of the way, I support both the movement and the phrase. Now, I also believe that all lives matter, but at the moment, black lives are being treated unfairly, so my attention is drawn there.

Hope this clears up some misconceptions or helps to clarify my stance. I still stand that Democrats and Republicans can support Black Lives Matter. It is the extremes on both parties that ruin it for everyone else.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Chicken dinner...

giphy.gif

Black Lives Matter is a movement made of peaceful protesters. I told this to HSFB Fan and I'll say it to you: if someone acts violently, they are NOT a part of BLM. They act independently and BLM does not and will not associate with them. Just because they shout "Black Lives Matter" before destroying something does not mean they're part of the movement. With this out of the way, I support both the movement and the phrase. Now, I also believe that all lives matter, but at the moment, black lives are being treated unfairly, so my attention is drawn there.

Hope this clears up some misconceptions or helps to clarify my stance. I still stand that Democrats and Republicans can support Black Lives Matter. It is the extremes on both parties that ruin it for everyone else.

Just because you think it true ....

does not make it so...

That's the problem with 'groups'

You want to claim some membership, you will be called out for the groups actions...

whether you "agree with that part" or not...

You're welcome....

BTW: Love how you claim such expert knowledge of  "generational history" at such a young age....very telling 🙄

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Chicken dinner...

giphy.gif

Just because you think it true ....

does not make it so...

That's the problem with 'groups'

You want to claim some membership, you will be called out for the groups actions...

whether you "agree with that part" or not...

You're welcome....

BTW: Love how you claim such expert knowledge of  "generational history" at such a young age....very telling 🙄

Clarify please.

I forgot to add this to my last post. I like moderation. I do not support a very right wing president OR a very left wing president. I would prefer someone who is moderate. I would have to do more research to determine which party I will support (I get my right to vote in 2 years). I believe that in any scenario, whether political or not, moderation is better than extremity.

Do you think uncontrolled borders, a Green New Deal that costs more than the combined GDPs of every nation on earth, shutting down our oil and gas industries and losing millions of jobs and energy-independence, shit-canning the police etc are "moderate"? I'm curious.

You seem to feed at this "Republicans have gone far-right" propaganda trough.

The fact is that the left has has been the side going over the cliff.  I am happy for you to point out all the new laws and policies of the Republican Party that are materially different from what they were 20 or 30 years ago.  Relative to the Dems, they appear farther right because the left has shifted farther left over the years. It's like A Dem candidate shifting several steps to the left and then screaming how far to the right the Republican guy is. It's bullshit.

Pew Research has tracked this over the years.  The net shift by Republicans has been small since 1994.  It is FAR smaller than the shift by the Dems. Look at the word "Consistently" under the colored section as a reference point.

59d6ad08351ccf89468b836f?width=400&forma

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Black Lives Matter is run by neo-Marxists and if you think their real objective is saving black lives, then ask yourself why they focus on a small handful of police-related deaths rather than the several thousand black-on-black killings that happen every year?  

The organization is a sham. Wake up.