Is there a difference in being republican and being racist ?

Ga96

Just now, ngdawg said:

You have the right to fly the Confederate flag. No one is going to tear it off your flagpole and burn it. To some people, it's viewed as oppression. You can choose to fly the flag, but just know it has a double meaning.

Yes it has a double meaning. But thats up to the person to decide how they feel.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

either way I dont support either of them but the peaceful ones have to right to peacefully assembly so as much as i dont agree with their cause by peacefully marching they are doing no harm 

I know you don't agree. But I'm glad you're not like others who magically flip their views on people's rights whenever they want. All I ask is that you don't loop the violent protesters in with BLM. Because they don't belong with them and are not a part of them. So when you're a having a discussion in the future and BLM comes up, "violence" is not an acceptable answer because violent protestors act independently of BLM.

Just now, ngdawg said:

I know you don't agree. But I'm glad you're not like others who magically flip their views on people's rights whenever they want. All I ask is that you don't loop the violent protesters in with BLM. Because they don't belong with them and are not a part of them. So when you're a having a discussion in the future and BLM comes up, "violence" is not an acceptable answer because violent protestors act independently of BLM.

Than BLM should be helping the cops get the loiters and lock them up to show that they don't represent their cause 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes it has a double meaning. But thats up to the person to decide how they feel.

Correct. No one is stopping you from flying the flag. And you have your set of beliefs, as well as others do. But I hope you can at least simply understand why others would feel bad about it.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Than BLM should be helping the cops get the loiters and lock them up to show that they don't represent their cause 

True. And that was the case in Houston. A rowdy man broke into a gas station convenience store and attempted to rob it. When the police arrived, they were assisted by a black man who helped arrest the robber (who was also black). The cops worked together with the bystander to help arrest the man. The bystander even said "Don't put your knee on his neck" and the cop obliged. The man was taken safely to prison.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Correct. No one is stopping you from flying the flag. And you have your set of beliefs, as well as others do. But I hope you can at least simply understand why others would feel bad about it.

That's the problem with society today. Too many feelings. Too much of this everything offends BS. 

During ww2 im sure we had some "racist" people in the military but blacks and whites came together to deatroy an enemy while at rhe same time our government was using blacks as guinea pigs in the Tuskegee airmen 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

True. And that was the case in Houston. A rowdy man broke into a gas station convenience store and attempted to rob it. When the police arrived, they were assisted by a black man who helped arrest the robber (who was also black). The cops worked together with the bystander to help arrest the man. The bystander even said "Don't put your knee on his neck" and the cop obliged. The man was taken safely to prison.

that should be happening daily 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No every Republican isn't a racist... That's a foolish notion... 

But to say that every Racist is a Republican wouldn't be to far off the mark... 

Well consider we have black democrats screaming how much they hate white people how many democrats are racist??

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's the problem with society today. Too many feelings. Too much of this everything offends BS. 

During ww2 im sure we had some "racist" people in the military but blacks and whites came together to deatroy an enemy while at rhe same time our government was using blacks as guinea pigs in the Tuskegee airmen 

Using any race as guinea pigs is wrong. However, the goal of the Tuskegee Airmen was to provide a unit for African-Americans to succeed and assist.

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I never said their weren't racist Democrats but anyone that tells you black people can't be racist is lying through their teeth... 

"But to say that every Racist is a Republican wouldn't be to far off the mark..." 

Pick a story, brah.

These were posted within a minute of one another.

Just now, concha said:

"But to say that every Racist is a Republican wouldn't be to far off the mark..." 

Pick a story, brah.

These were posted within a minute of one another.

Racist exist in both parties... 

There... 

Racism is a discussion that we as country need to talk about... 

The denial of it is foolish and has led us to where we are now... 

• Thanks 2

Just now, ngdawg said:

But those who don't support the movement shouldn't be berating those who do.

???

When the movement points fingers at you, then berating is fully justified.

The movement appears to blame everyone but the Dems who tend to run major black American population centers and the black communities themselves (who vote Dem and have done so for many decades).

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There... 

Or we can all have our own views and live our lives. And stop with all the BS 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There... 

Yes.  Racists exist and are going to continue to exist and are not exclusive to any party, ideology, race, creed or gender.

Thankfully - and in stark contrast to what the media and certain pols would have you believe - things are actually much better than they were a generation ago and that generation was better than the generation before.

• Thanks 1