Is there a difference in being republican and being racist ?

Ga96

Seems like the far right has taken over the republican party. Same could be said about the democratic side but i question the republican party because they are in control.

What's the deal ? Wanna hear from true republicans not the 2 racist idiots on here.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Seems like the far right has taken over the republican party. Same could be said about the democratic side but i question the republican party because they are in control.

What's the deal ? Wanna hear from true republicans not the 2 racist idiots on here.

Yep. You could be a democrat who won't even recognize their past

That more messed up than anything. Own ur past. Defend your past. Your a proud Democrat. 

20200624_190217.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I consider myself republican, but I am more of a moderate.  I did not vote for Trump (did not vote Clinton either) nor will I this year.  I do not consider Trump republican at all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

2? What kinda Lowndes math is that?

Sheaaaatttt!!! 

bgw

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Rippers said:

I consider myself republican, but I am more of a moderate.  I did not vote for Trump (did not vote Clinton either) nor will I this year.  I do not consider Trump republican at all.

An actual answer thanks. Republican representation by the alabama and new jersey kids were making your party look like trumptards. It literally looks like members have chosen trump over their party values.

12 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

An actual answer thanks. Republican representation by the alabama and new jersey kids were making your party look like trumptards. It literally looks like members have chosen trump over their party values.

Yep many of us have as he hasn't sold his soul like many Republicans 

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

Trump's not a Republican..  even the former president of Mexico called that out... 

Trump is for himself and those who will kiss the ground he walks on... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

they can't help themselves!...they drink way too much Trump Kool-Aid...😉

Its a shame to be an adult and see someone talk and behave the way he has and then think "yeah that's the guy I believe in". That's a whole new level of ignorance. 

Trump admitted to sexually harassing women and going into the dressing rooms of underage girls but still has supporters. Some things go beyond politics he is just a worthless human.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Its a shame to be an adult and see someone talk and behave the way he has and then think "yeah that's the guy I believe in". That's a whole new level of ignorance. 

Trump admitted to sexually harassing women and going into the dressing rooms of underage girls but still has supporters. Some things go beyond politics he is just a worthless human.

From a guy who'll watch our inner cities vote Dem for decades and generations and come away baffled every time and wonder why minorities still have shitty schools, high crime and no prospects. But will ignore Trump giving money to HBCUs  pushing prosperity zones and criminal justice reforms.

You can't cure stupid.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Yes, there is a difference. Some Republicans are true conservatives. True conservatives, although I don't share their economics and social views, are not racists. Unfortunately, true conservatives have largely been sidelined in the Party of Trump. So what we have left is a collection of racists, sycophants, careerists, groupies and other fellow travelers.

I am sure Lincoln would not recognize the Party he led over 150 years ago. It is a sad state of affairs. 

• Like 3

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Yes, there is a difference. Some Republicans are true conservatives. True conservatives, although I don't share their economics and social views, are not racists. Unfortunately, true conservatives have largely been sidelined in the Party of Trump. So what we have left is a collection of racists, sycophants, careerists, groupies and other fellow travelers.

I am sure Lincoln would not recognize the Party he led over 150 years ago. It is a sad state of affairs. 

Well would lincolns views of send the blacks back to Africa hold up today? Doubtful. He would probably be hated 

58 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well would lincolns views of send the blacks back to Africa hold up today? Doubtful. He would probably be hated 

Lincoln's view was based on the fact he felt that blacks would never have a seat at the table here. This has yet to be resolved. At the end of the day, within the context of the cards he was dealt, I would take Lincoln any day and twice on Sundays over Trump. For one was a statesman and the other is an insane clown  and a fraud. 

• Thanks 1

I feel like the topic should be rewritten as "Is there a difference between being a Trump supporter and being racist?" I bet there are several Republicans who are not as far right as Trump and are not racist. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Also, fun fact. Through the majority of history, the platforms of the Democratic and Republican parties were flipped. Those who opposed slavery and were mainly concentrated in the North were the Republicans, while Democrats supported slavery and were located in the South. Lincoln was a Republican, but today, he would be considered a Democrat. It gets even more confusing the farther back you go. Originally, there were the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans. The Federalists became Republicans, who in turn became Democrats. The Democratic-Republicans became Democrats, who in turn became Republicans. So which person flipped these platforms? William Jennings Bryan. He had views that matched both parties and failed repeatedly to gain the presidency. After a while, the Democratic and Republican parties opposed each other's views so much that they just ended up flipping platforms. Thanks, William Jennings Bryan, for making history confusing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1