Nm

HSFBfan

58 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Um, according to the article, this disease is not in China. It is spreading like wildfire across Kazakhstan, formerly part of the Soviet Union before its collapse. China has warned its residents currently in that country to exercise caution or get out. 

Do you read articles before you post links to them? 

• Haha 2

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Um, according to the article, this disease is not in China. It is spreading like wildfire across Kazakhstan, formerly part of the Soviet Union before its collapse. China has warned its residents currently in that country to exercise caution or get out. 

Yeah i do 

But ill take this one down

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yeah i do 

But ill take this one down

Having said that, regardless of origin, if this thing spreads the way Covid-19 has, it could end up in the USA in the next month or two. Given we have not controlled Covid-19 yet, God help us if this is the case. We could have a trifecta of: Regular Flu, Covid-19 and this new scourge, whatever they decide to name it. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Having said that, regardless of origin, if this thing spreads the way Covid-19 has, it could end up in the USA in the next month or two. Given we have not controlled Covid-19 yet, God help us if this is the case. We could have a trifecta of: Regular Flu, Covid-19 and this new scourge, whatever they decide to name it. 

If this thing is as deadly as they claim, it will most likely burn out before there is massive exposure.  There is a reason why there has never been a world wide spread of Ebola.

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

At this point I'm so over this virus I truly don't care anymore 

Whoever survives survives and whoever dies dies 

I'm so over the hype and the 24/7 media. I was over it in April. Now i just don't care in the slightest 

I've been living my life going out and such i don't even think of it anymore 

The uk may lockdown fat people 

19 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Nope for trumpers reading is too much for their brains to handle just like their leader they need pictures and pie charts to comprehend.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rippers said:

If this thing is as deadly as they claim, it will most likely burn out before there is massive exposure.  There is a reason why there has never been a world wide spread of Ebola.

That is a MASSIVE leap of faith on your part given we really don't know much about this new virus. To be honest, I hope you are right. However, until and unless we get further information, I think we would be very foolish as a country to follow your line of reasoning and draw your conclusion. It is attitudes like yours why Covid-19 has essentially knifed us in the back!

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Honest opinion what you think this  covid is, natural disaster, Act of God, biological weapon to weaken economy, or bio weapon to depopulate the earth?

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Honest opinion what you think this  covid is, natural disaster, Act of God, biological weapon to weaken economy, or bio weapon to depopulate the earth?

Every time a “new” virus emerges, someone claims it’s a conspiracy to eliminate some part of the population.   

Viruses exist in nature as part of the natural balance of things, but people go sticking their noses into shit and then wonder why it stinks.  

We wont have to manipulate viruses to get into real trouble.  We’ve stumbled onto the minor leaguers here lately but there’s worse ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Every time a “new” virus emerges, someone claims it’s a conspiracy to eliminate some part of the population.   

Viruses exist in nature as part of the natural balance of things, but people go sticking their noses into shit and then wonder why it stinks.  

We wont have to manipulate viruses to get into real trouble.  We’ve stumbled onto the minor leaguers here lately but there’s worse ahead.

so what's headed next

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

think we would be very foolish as a country to follow your line of reasoning and draw your conclusion

You mean follow the line of "hmm, this is interesting and I see no other news source picking it up, so lets wait a second to verify before starting to panic.  Historically, things with high mortality don't go far because the hosts die to fast and its not like a ton of people go to or come out of Khakastan, so again, lets not create another panic right now" thinking?

I think the draw of your conclusion was a little further of a reach than mine, thank you.

• Like 2

Just now, On2whls said:

There will be more that wreak havoc on the human respiratory system but aren’t as gentle.   We have a ways to go before the total organ liquefaction type are uncovered.

Gotcha. Could happen 

We have tol big of a population with weak immune systems. You see that now clearly

54 minutes ago, Rippers said:

You mean follow the line of "hmm, this is interesting and I see no other news source picking it up, so lets wait a second to verify before starting to panic.  Historically, things with high mortality don't go far because the hosts die to fast and its not like a ton of people go to or come out of Khakastan, so again, lets not create another panic right now" thinking?

I think the draw of your conclusion was a little further of a reach than mine, thank you.

That,  which is the commonality it has with Ebola, is the reason it may not spread rapidly throughout the world. But if it did spread, I don't think your original argument holds. Human history is littered with examples of very deadly, highly transmissible diseases, which have devastated large numbers of human populations.  

I don't know what your background is, but I do know that your original argument does not hold muster. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

To be honest, I have no fixed opinion at this time. And, at the end of the day, I don't think this should be our focus right now. The fact is, we have a problem and our first priority is we should eradicate it as best we can.

Once we do that, if we wish, we can spend time tracking down its origins. If it turns out that China subjected the world to a biological attack we deal with it then, after we have first solved our domestic problem.  

The virus has been reported numerous times to have came out of Europe those who continue to attach china to it for being the first to discover and report it are either dumb or bigots. 

US spies told trump of the virus months before it hit the USA and he ignored them.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

That,  which is the commonality it has with Ebola, is the reason it may not spread rapidly throughout the world. But if it did spread, I don't think your original argument holds. 

I don't know what your background is, but I do know that your original argument does not hold muster. 

You just agreed with my original and only argument but then immediately made an assumption that I did not. Of course I am wrong if "it" spreads.

10 hours ago, Rippers said:

You just agreed with my original and only argument but then immediately made an assumption that I did not. Of course I am wrong if "it" spreads.

?? You originally argued that if there was a new virus in the former Soviet Republic it would not do much damage, because, like Ebola, it is too deadly to do so as those infected would not be able to spread it enough for it to become a threat here. Then you flipped and argued that because of the country's relative isolation, it probably won't reach the USA, at least not in sufficient numbers to create significant spread here. I tend to agree with the latter argument, but totally disagree with your first proposition. 

I suggest you go back and read your posts.