Georgia's Top Schools for Football Talent

ngdawg

I feel Colquitt got shafted in a few areas. They did not even mention several of our best running backs pre-2014 which would have put them way over Milton in that category. In addition to the three listed, we also had Tevin King (La Tech) and Lavosky King (1994, died in an accident shortly after winning the 94 state championship). We won't even get into Sherrod Reynolds and Orion Ponder who were electric but overlooked because they were playing pre-Rush.

I feel we could have gotten more credit at both WR (not even listed in Top 10) and DL also. There was no mention of Kiel Pollard (South Carolina), Ty Smith (UGA and Bama), Ty Lee (Middle Tennessee), Bobby Hill (Ole Miss), Tommy Hudson or any our current crop of receivers.

For DL, they missed TJ Smith (Arkansas) who wreaked havoc every play. Also missing is Jameis Pittman who plays for the Dolphins now and 3 star Brian Merritt at FAU.

Not that this list means anything, just pointing it out. 

5 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I feel Colquitt got shafted in a few areas. They did not even mention several of our best running backs pre-2014 which would have put them way over Milton in that category. In addition to the three listed, we also had Tevin King and Lavosky King (1994, died in an accident shortly after winning the 94 state championship). We won't even get into Sherrod Reynolds and Orion Ponder who were electric but overlooked because they were playing pre-Rush.

I feel we could have gotten more credit at both WR (not even listed in Top 10) and DL also. There was no mention of Kiel Pollard, Ty Smith, Ty Lee, Bobby Hill, Tommy Hudson or any our current crop of receivers.

For DL, they missed TJ Smith (Arkansas) who wreaked havoc every play. Also missing is Jameis Pittman who plays for the Dolphins now.

Before reading the list, I thought Colquitt would surely be in first. I also noticed they didn't mention Tyler Goodson well for North Gwinnett, so I feel like they missed some key players from each team. I was genuinely surprised to see NG as the best school for quarterbacks. 

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Before reading the list, I thought Colquitt would surely be in first. I also noticed they didn't mention Tyler Goodson well for North Gwinnett, so I feel like they missed some key players from each team. I was genuinely surprised to see NG as the best school for quarterbacks. 

Yeah, they were very generous with giving NG the top spot at QB. It is ScoreAtl doing the rankings and they were obviously less informed as they left off some of the best players to play at Colquitt.

Also missed for Colquitt was Jay Ward (LSU) and Vance Cuff (UGA) at defensive back.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Yeah, they were very generous with giving NG the top spot at QB. It is ScoreAtl doing the rankings and they were obviously less informed as they left off some of the best players to play at Colquitt.

They also went high for North Gwinnett at WR too. We got third or second, I believe. Josh Downs was a beast, and so were the Imatorbhebhe brothers when they played here. Not much besides that though. These rankings should change a good bit in the next couple years.

Just now, ngdawg said:

They also went high for North Gwinnett at WR too. We got third or second, I believe. Josh Downs was a beast, and so were the Imatorbhebhe brothers when they played here. Not much besides that though. These rankings should change a good bit in the next couple years.

They should change quite a bit if they become accurate. xD

I like scoreatl generally, but, pretty shoddy job on this one. 

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I can list a dozen Division 1 players that they missed from Colquitt and that's just from the Rush era. Going back a few decades like they did for other schools and I can probably list another dozen players.

Shoddy work to say the least.

36 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

At OL Colquitt sent at least 7 players to FBS schools since 2009 and a handful or more played FCS football.

I think the list was more based off how these players performed in high school and not in more advanced levels like the NFL and college. That's why NG is also up there for OL. We have a great OL year in and year out.

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I think the list was more based off how these players performed in high school and not in more advanced levels like the NFL and college. That's why NG is also up there for OL. We have a great OL year in and year out.

Which makes it even more ridiculous to see so many players missed.

How many OLine played FBS football from NG since 2010?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Also missed for Colquitt was Jay Ward (LSU) and Vance Cuff (UGA) at defensive back.

Jay is a good kid and well liked in BR. 

Thank God he wanted to get a ring and decided to get the hell outta jawja!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Jay is a good kid and well liked in BR. 

Thank God he wanted to get a ring and decided to get the hell outta jawja!

Georgia is a giant choke:

Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.

Georgia Bulldogs blew a lead to Alabama in the 2017 National Championship.

The Braves entered the playoffs as one of the hottest teams last year and promptly lost in the first round.

Atlanta United didn't win or draw a single game in the MLS is Back Tournament after winning the championship a couple years earlier.

20 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I feel Colquitt got shafted in a few areas. They did not even mention several of our best running backs pre-2014 which would have put them way over Milton in that category. In addition to the three listed, we also had Tevin King (La Tech) and Lavosky King (1994, died in an accident shortly after winning the 94 state championship). We won't even get into Sherrod Reynolds and Orion Ponder who were electric but overlooked because they were playing pre-Rush.

I feel we could have gotten more credit at both WR (not even listed in Top 10) and DL also. There was no mention of Kiel Pollard (South Carolina), Ty Smith (UGA and Bama), Ty Lee (Middle Tennessee), Bobby Hill (Ole Miss), Tommy Hudson or any our current crop of receivers.

For DL, they missed TJ Smith (Arkansas) who wreaked havoc every play. Also missing is Jameis Pittman who plays for the Dolphins now and 3 star Brian Merritt at FAU.

Orion Ponder and Ty Lee were two of the best athletes ever to suit up for the Packers.  And if players had the heart that Lavasky King had....we'd never lose a game.  Kiel Pollard was your "move the chains" receiver.   He made 1st downs.  I think Tevin King still hold the record for most yards in a game.  Tevin rushed for 367 yards and 5 TDs in 2010.

We've been fortunate with talent for sure.

Of course...all of it was poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Orion Ponder and Ty Lee were two of the best athletes ever to suit up for the Packers.  And if players had the heart that Lavasky King had....we'd never lose a game.  Kiel Pollard was your "move the chains" receiver.   He made 1st downs.  I think Tevin King still hold the record for most yards in a game.  Tevin rushed for 367 yards and 5 TDs in 2010.

We've been fortunate with talent for sure.

Of course...all of it was poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced...(Smile).

Rufus>>

While Rush coached some talented players, I personally believe the Singletary and Cokely teams had more "raw" talent than Rush ever had. It would be hard to call any of those guys "tiny". It's unfortunate that those guys never played for a high level coach.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

While Rush coached some talented players, I personally believe the Singletary and Cokely teams had more "raw" talent than Rush ever had. It would be hard to call any of those guys "tiny". It's unfortunate that those guys never played for a high level coach.

You just nailed it.  I have said often...the talent on the 2006 Packer team was as good as we've had.   And if Rush had been the HC... I doubt we would have lost a game.

When I reflect back on those days...I just wanna bang my head.

Rufus>>

17 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You just nailed it.  I have said often...the talent on the 2006 Packer team was as good as we've had.   And if Rush had been the HC... I doubt we would have lost a game.

Rufus>>

We had some absolute freaks in the '07 class. Not many played D1 football, but it wasn't because they lacked the ability. Our OL had to average at least 6'3 and close to 300 pounds that season.

I've never seen so much talent wasted during that 2-3 year span.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:15 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

What do you mean? All I hear from cc folks is how they have no talent and rush coaches these poor unathletic kids to greatness! Now you think they got shafted on “top talent” list?!?

Funny shit Bro!

9 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

What do you mean? All I hear from cc folks is how they have no talent and rush coaches these poor unathletic kids to greatness! Now you think they got shafted on “top talent” list?!?

Funny shit Bro!

If you took the time to actually digest his post...you'd see where Blackhatter was referring to the teams prior to Rush.

I know.....it's hard.

Rufus>>

14 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Beginning to sound a little like Rab there Rufus and oh yeah the 94’ team.