Ohio Week 4 *COVID Edition

Coletrain06

Im on vacation in Florida right now, so not going to do much detail.

St. Edward vs. St. Ignatius - Eds 21 Iggy 10

St. Edward ran for 350+ yds and came back from being down 24 - 13 to beat Mentor 28-24. Mentor struggled running the ball against Eds defense. Eds picked off Kipp twice at the end of the game to seal the victory.  

Iggy played its first game last week vs Bishop Sycamore and won 33-6. Not too much to take from that game, as even the players indicated it was basically a practice.

I think Eds takes this Holy War because they are so far ahead of Iggy. They've played 3 games against Massillon, Hoban, and Mentor.......Iggy has only played Bishop Sycamore.

St. X vs. Cathedral IN - X 28 Cathedral 21

X beat Elder 38-24.......Cathedral sits at 4-0 with wins over traditional IN powers Carmel, Penn, Bishop Chatard..........this should be a pretty good Cathedral team. X is also pretty solid this year. X usually always beats Cathedral, so ill give them the edge here.

• Like 3

Agree that the three games against top competition has to factor into the Holy War. That being said, I still think Ed's will need to have some semblance of a passing game to win this. Ignatius is very strong in their front six, with a group of talented and experienced linebackers headlined by Hubbard. I don't expect Ed's to be able to string along multiple series of run-heavy drives as they did against Mentor. The Cats will sell out to stop the run, bringing their backers up to fill the gaps in the three man front. When they do, I'd like to see Ramos hit the TE Cook over the middle and up the seams. 

On the other side of the ball, Ignatius looks to be solid but not spectacular at the offensive skill positions. Jaxson French looked good against BS, but hasn't seen real pressure yet. I think the Eagle secondary will match up well, and we'll see if French will hang in the pocket to make throws or take off running. He is a threat on the ground, and the backers cannot cheat too much. They did really well at containing Kipp last week, which proved difficult in previous years. Hankins is playing phenomenal as usual, and the young guys are coming around. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea, seems like a very geriatric area. Staying at a friends house on a canal and its dead silent outside day and night lol. Probably a lot of vacation homes

Have you been to the Boathouse in Cape Coral?  Great bloodys in the morning 😀

and the Buckeyes bar by the bridge? 

the best time down there is Nov-April

enjoy

St. Xavier loses to Indy Cathedral, 22-25.  The Bombers are now 0-2 vs. Indiana but 2-0 over Ohio with wins over LaSalle and Elder....go figure.

Not a relevant national discussion, but Colerain rebounded from their 2nd straight conference loss last week and beat a bad Middletown team 42-6 with a running clock the last quarter and a half.

-93CardinalsFan