Hey HawgGoneIt 5...

Rufus69

Amigo...It's officially Auburn Hate Week !!!!!

Now...that being said...it would be a lot easier to "hate" The Barn if we had an established QB in Athens.  You would expect it to be Bennett...but Kirby is waffling.   I've sent him an instructive text to start Stetson...but to have Daniels standing in reserve.  We really need to be firing on ALL cylinders against them Tigers/War Buzzards/Plainsmen.  I don't think I hafta say this to you...but anyways....

I never liked Auburn.

NEVER !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 2

Kirby is waffling because he’s praying daniels is ready. 

Listen guys, I don’t know much but I know football. If I tell you QB isn’t any good, he isn’t any good. Noonan wasn’t any good. Mathis is worse. There’s a reason kirby got TWO transfers. 

The pups are good if they have daniels. Bennett isn’t the answer either, though better than Mathis. Either way auburn isn’t that good and your defense will carry you to a win. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Kirby is waffling because he’s praying daniels is ready. 

Listen guys, I don’t know much but I know football. If I tell you QB isn’t any good, he isn’t any good. Noonan wasn’t any good. Mathis is worse. There’s a reason kirby got TWO transfers. 

The pups are good if they have daniels. Bennett isn’t the answer either, though better than Mathis. Either way auburn isn’t that good and your defense will carry you to a win. 

You know football...LOL...LOL.

Let's see...Bennett comes in the late 2nd qtr...leads Dawgs down the field...Cook drops a 3rd down pass...and the Dawgs end up with a FG.  Come out at the half...driving down the field...Cook fumbles in Arkansas territory...Hogs get a FG back.   Bennett then drives the Dawgs down the field and throws a TD to Pickens...and runs himself for the 2 point conversion.  Dawgs hold on Arkansas' next series...Bennett drives the Dawgs down and throws a TD to Fitzpatrick.  Later in the 4th...after a pick 6...Bennett drives the Dawgs down and Zeus scores from 11 yards out.

Nah...Bennett can't play QB.

He has more playing time than anybody the Dawgs have...including Daniels.  You go with the hot hand...and right now...that's Bennett. Like I said...you can keep Daniels in the wings in case the Mailman can't get the job done (Daniels is cleared to play).  But you go with Bennett...until he falters.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

JT Daniels is cleared to play in the auburn game. *IF* Kirby goes with Bennett as the starter, the leash will be very short. 

I have stated to hold Daniels in the wings in case Stetson falters.

But make no mistake...the Mailman can run the offense.  If Kirby goes with Mathis...which is what many people are saying...I think YES...we're gonna have us a full blown QB controversy.

I also will go on record...I will not be shocked to see Daniels get some snaps EVEN if Stetson is having a good game.

Kirby gotta find a way to make EVERYBODY happy...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

You know football...LOL...LOL.

Let's see...Bennett comes in the late 2nd qtr...leads Dawgs down the field...Cook drops a 3rd down pass...and the Dawgs end up with a FG.  Come out at the half...driving down the field...Cook fumbles in Arkansas territory...Hogs get a FG back.   Bennett then drives the Dawgs down the field and throws a TD to Pickens...and runs himself for the 2 point conversion.  Dawgs hold on Arkansas' next series...Bennett drives the Dawgs down and throws a TD to Fitzpatrick.  Later in the 4th...after a pick 6...Bennett drives the Dawgs down and Zeus scores from 11 yards out.

Nah...Bennett can't play QB.

He has more playing time than anybody the Dawgs have...including Daniels.  You go with the hot hand...and right now...that's Bennett. Like I said...you can keep Daniels in the wings in case the Mailman can't get the job done (Daniels is cleared to play).  But you go with Bennett...until he falters.

Rufus>>

Let’s not forget he played an Arkansas defense that may be in the bottom three in America, with LSU. 

Like Mathis, there’s a reason A) that bennett has been a scout team QB in his time at jawja and B) he’s been a 4th string QB at best while there. 

I don’t know as much as you about anything, as you’ve said a few times, but I’d make a friendly wager that Bennett either doesn’t start three more games (sans injury) or doesn’t carry georgia to an east title. Loser makes donation to winners booster club. You know where to find me. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Let’s not forget he played an Arkansas defense that may be in the bottom three in America, with LSU. 

Like Mathis, there’s a reason A) that bennett has been a scout team QB in his time at jawja and B) he’s been a 4th string QB at best while there. 

I don’t know as much as you about anything, as you’ve said a few times, but I’d make a friendly wager that Bennett either doesn’t start three more games (sans injury) or doesn’t carry georgia to an east title. Loser makes donation to winners booster club. You know where to find me. 

Hoss...I have NO idea what Kirby is gonna do.  I know what I think he should do...but K-Man throws curveballs more than he does fastballs.   I'm telling you...Bennett can run the offense.  I think he should be given the chance until he falters.  I honestly think Kirby wants Daniels to be the man...long term.  If I'm right...then somewhere down the line...for whatever reason...he'll get the call.  And between me and you...there is no guarantee that any one of our QBs can lead us to an East title...unless we solve a few O-Line issues.  If Georgia can't run the ball...they won't win the games they really need to win.

Rufus>>

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss...I have NO idea what Kirby is gonna do.  I know what I think he should do...but K-Man throws curveballs more than he does fastballs.   I'm telling you...Bennett can run the offense.  I think he should be given the chance until he falters.  I honestly think Kirby wants Daniels to be the man...long term.  If I'm right...then somewhere down the line...for whatever reason...he'll get the call.  And between me and you...there is no guarantee that any one of our QBs can lead us to an East title...unless we solve a few O-Line issues.  If Georgia can't run the ball...they won't win the games they really need to win.

Rufus>>

I didn’t watch any of it, but my jawja buddies were underwhelmed by the effort all around. 

Some LSU people tried to make excuses as to why we weren’t prepared and I put and end to that garbage. Everybody else was on the same timeframe with Covid we were.  They didn’t have an advantage over us. Leach outschemed Pelini and that was that.  You get back after it or cry and whine.

I saw about a half of auburn and I just don’t see how they can beat jawja. Their defense isn’t that good and nix is still nothing special. They may not score 14 against you. 

I’ll ask you. Can you score 14 against them? I think so and If you can you should win. 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Bennett is a 5’10 walk-on that would struggle badly the next few weeks. JT Daniels will over in the Auburn game and never look back  

I'll agree with you on that... 

Georgia should beat Auburn... 

Feels weird seeing the Bulldogs play Auburn before Florida... 

I saw a few things in the Auburn-Kentucky game that concern me about the Tigers.

27 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I didn’t watch any of it, but my jawja buddies were underwhelmed by the effort all around. 

Some LSU people tried to make excuses as to why we weren’t prepared and I put and end to that garbage. Everybody else was on the same timeframe with Covid we were.  They didn’t have an advantage over us. Leach outschemed Pelini and that was that.  You get back after it or cry and whine.

I saw about a half of auburn and I just don’t see how they can beat jawja. Their defense isn’t that good and nix is still nothing special. They may not score 14 against you. 

I’ll ask you. Can you score 14 against them? I think so and If you can you should win. 

A couple of things...

1.  This is Auburn.  We hate them.  They hate us.  I hope we can score enough to win.  I like our defense.

2.  Our O-Line will be a big contributor in the win/lose outcome of the game.  We hafta play better than we did against Arkansas.   The Barn will eat us up if we don't.  I think Coach Luke will have us ready.  OK..OK..I hope Coach Luke will have us ready.

We need this game for recruiting purposes.   Us and Auburn go after a lot of the same kids.  Colquitt is going to Dothan on Friday night...but me and Ms. Violet have decided not to make that trip.  That will give all day Saturday to prepare...and to fret...(Smile)

Oh Woe Is Our Neighbors !!!!!

Rufus>>