Official NJ Big Boy football Bergen Catholic @ SJR (2PM kickoff) +FREE Stream (0-0) 1st Q

imaGoodBoyNow

3 minutes ago, Mad-Water said:

STA would have beat them the next week.  they pushed Bosco around.  but he's the guy.  these other ones ... I haven't been shown anything.  But i'm willing to listen.  tell me their accomplishments

they don't see the antagonism they create: 

Posters:  we have all these 4* players.  wow, great, why then do you take on multiple losses and cause people to say NJ is watered down when you have so many FBS players, more than Toal had in many seasons, and he at least went top 10 and undefeated most seasons

Posters:  Robbins sucks, and Estime is the greatest.  fine, then how does the cherry Robbins in a 7-5 season beat you 2x at home, when you have 2 4* OL, a 4* QB, a 4* RB, and 3* skill players on O?  when you denigrate Robbins, and he then beats you so to speak, what does it say about you. 

Oh, yeah, good point.  Response:  Well, Toal recruited, and he knew a butcher.  Fine, let's say he did.  why did he win more with less?  do more with the same or less?  well, he recruited, and he sounds dumb.

No one would care about NJ if not for what Toal did for a over a decade.

3 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Your laying it down kid...Yea baby.... "What, Toal did over a decade", never again...A player on STA, I believe it was the Bosa kid, after West Point, "best coached team we played"....I met a kid at Trader Joe's inWellington ,Fla who went to STA, said same thing...

is the circle jerk over now....???  no comment on the 9 Bosco kids who have died since 2014?  what other program has a record like this = NONE.  Maybe these kids got pushed too far or too hard...one or two ok ....but 9?????  please enlighten us?

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

is the circle jerk over now....???  no comment on the 9 Bosco kids who have died since 2014?  what other program has a record like this = NONE.  Maybe these kids got pushed too far or too hard...one or two ok ....but 9?????  please enlighten us?

Two died in car crash and rest, nobody has seen autopsy and didn't some pass  years after leaving Bosco ?? Sad, but I don't believe nor should anybody be blamed other than those who made the decision to do what ever caused their demise...What is your exact reason and who are you blaming ??? What's was your motive or who are you attempting to cast dispersions on and why...?? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Who exactly are you trying to hurt and why????

7 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Who exactly are you trying to hurt and why????

while you both opine on the glory days....there is a dark side here ...thats all...who is hurting who...it happened.. 7 kids died of unusual circumstances....its not like there are some baseball players or lax players or soccer players or members of the glee club...7/9 from football....so just asking what is the pattern....bc if this was my school..I would sure as hell would like to understand what the hell happened

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

yeah, that was hashed out, too.  as I recall, guy admits up front that he has no evidence, and then just starts writing anyway.  some guy here told me at that time that he had outlined the topic for the author (I was on the phone with him for the last 30 minutes about other stuff, as a matter of fact).  so, essentially, the guy just tried to force pieces together, and they didn't fit. 

Nunz, Anthony, and Joes' coaches were right there with Toal.  What do they say?  do they say it's true?  and if they say that it is and that they did nothing, do you buy that?  Toal was supposedly aloof.  E.g., Toal doesn't even know my name.  Etc.  so, his assistants were the hands-on guys, right?  were they right in the middle?  if not, where were they, and what did they do?  were they afraid of Toal?  what kind of grown man is afraid of another man who endorses that abuse?  should a parent now trust these former assistants?  to implicate Toal implicates them, and they're at Joes and Rutgers and Mich now.

I read it carefully years ago.  Didn't look at it now, but remember it.  some died with no connection to Toal or to Bosco football.  2 died in a car accident.  some parents said narcotics were their kids' problem, implying or actually saying that that it had nothing to do with Toal.  Northern Highlands loses a kid a year to suicide, and they don't play football; and some of the time, it happens while in school, not years later after many intervening factors

really, just a low-life hit job, IMO. 

Not directed to you, but this reminds me of Joseph Welch's big moment before Senator McCarthy. 

2 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

A picture is worth 1000 words.. oh no your one of those guys who write an essay for every post as if anyone is going to bother to read all that shit..

the one above was 30

you can be pithy; just be somewhat intelligent.  or at least stay on point

as with you, i don't care too much what others here do.  here's something to picture:  someone smiling, content, knowing life's good and not wanting anything from you--only good for you, at the end of the day.

24 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

while you both opine on the glory days....there is a dark side here ...thats all...who is hurting who...it happened.. 7 kids died of unusual circumstances....its not like there are some baseball players or lax players or soccer players or members of the glee club...7/9 from football....so just asking what is the pattern....bc if this was my school..I would sure as hell would like to understand what the hell happened

I spoke to that in another post.  they're probably comments to that article laying it out.  there surely was no pattern; the author admits as much right up front.  some guy here fed him the topic.  the SL guy essentially admits that he didn't get any verification or certainty or anything--he just wrote an attention-grabber

again, who were Toal's assistants who spent much more time with the players, I have to imagine?  if you want the tooth, ask Carl or them--they were right there for several years.

where are they now?  find and ask them--they were there at the time.  Toal was an assistant for Nunz and Vito the last couple of yrs.  Might they know?  why would they hire a guy like that to work with kids?  Marangi worked for Toal.  Might be know?  Would he work for a guy like that?

so, I don't buy what a guy here told the author from that rag, and so, I believe his assistants have integrity.  that goes hand in hand.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Two died in car crash and rest, nobody has seen autopsy and didn't some pass  years after leaving Bosco ?? Sad, but I don't believe nor should anybody be blamed other than those who made the decision to do what ever caused their demise...What is your exact reason and who are you blaming ??? What's was your motive or who are you attempting to cast dispersions on and why...?? 

just saw.  spot on.  89 is a good guy.  the article though is pure shit.  how cavalierly people try to ruin others.  my wife was part of a team that tried the supposed cancer clusters in Toms River to get insurance coverage for Ciba.  shit happens sometimes.  terrible stuff.  no evidence of causation b/w Ciba contamination and cancer.  NJ tried hard as hell to find it, too.  Residents still say it's a mystery.  in fact, 20 years after Ciba was getting banged around, a study came out showing that Ciba's contaminants did NOT cause the poor kids' cancer.  they couldn't have.  world is complicated.  we stopped burning witches a while ago

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Every BNU program has skeletons. Care to discuss the actions of SJR Brothers George Donnelly, John Dagwell and Peter Russell? 

And regarding the article you brought up, I’m already on record here saying that GOAT and his staffers have those seven players’ blood on their hands. The “do whatever it takes” culture at that time definitely contributed to those losses of life. 

i have no idea what is true for sure, but I'll play along:  no one seems to care about the staffers still among our youth.  what gives???  they're getting promotions while Toal, the aloof guy (that CB transferred from Bosco to Joes because Toal supposedly was detached and didn't know who people were), isn't allowed to buy coffee in Bergen Cty.  lol

causation is tricky.  we lack tons of facts.  we lack the relevant scientific background.  we lack the risk and probability backgrounds, I gather (just a wild assumption).  and on top of that, we're very biased.  that's a bad confluence of factors, can we agree?

i know this for sure, though:  Toal's record is his record; he won 2 MNCs; he beat the teams he beat; and he had the players he had.  and we know what others did and didn't do, and what others had and didn't have.  let's talk about that, if anything.

2 hours ago, Mad-Water said:

STA would have beat them the next week.  they pushed Bosco around.  but he's the guy.  these other ones ... I haven't been shown anything.  But i'm willing to listen.  tell me their accomplishments

they don't see the antagonism they create: 

Posters:  we have all these 4* players.  wow, great, why then do you take on multiple losses and cause people to say NJ is watered down when you have so many FBS players, more than Toal had in many seasons, and he at least went top 10 and undefeated most seasons

Posters:  Robbins sucks, and Estime is the greatest.  fine, then how does the cherry Robbins in a 7-5 season beat you 2x at home, when you have 2 4* OL, a 4* QB, a 4* RB, and 3* skill players on O?  when you denigrate Robbins, and he then beats you so to speak, what does it say about you. 

Oh, yeah, good point.  Response:  Well, Toal recruited, and he knew a butcher.  Fine, let's say he did.  why did he win more with less?  do more with the same or less?  well, he recruited, and he sounds dumb.

No one would care about NJ if not for what Toal did for a over a decade.

Sta lost to Bosco...who cares about what week it was...ply who you play...when you play them...pussy excuse

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Every BNU program has skeletons. Care to discuss the actions of SJR Brothers George Donnelly, John Dagwell and Peter Russell? 

And regarding the article you brought up, I’m already on record here saying that GOAT and his staffers have those seven players’ blood on their hands. The “do whatever it takes” culture at that time definitely contributed to those losses of life. 

GSB -  nothing to discuss on Brother Peter, man of faith and a great man.  Brother John is a scumbag...was in school with him as welll...it was known amongst students that he was off....no idea who Brother Donnelly is.....but Brother Peter was the man....will defend him all the way.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

you don't have a clue what you're talking about..."blood on their hands"??...go f*ck yourself...😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

i'd have sent my son to any of these schools--Joes, BC, PC, SPP, or Bosco.  I'd have trusted any of those coaches. 

Top schools with top programs--that's it.  This cannibalism makes no sense, on any level.  Why go there?  it's highly, highly tenuous at best, and an outright lie at worst.  some biased dude's word with an axe to grind and with questionable judgment is not persuasive.  I can find 10 for every him.  Maybe 50.

It says more about us than it does about Toal, who, by the way, won titles at publics before going to Bosco.  He put Hackensack in the top 10 and 20, and helped put Ramapo there.  No deaths resulted in the winning to those titles or in those top-25 finishes with NJ publics

• Thanks 2

RIP COACH

FIRST ever coach at  St Joes to beat Don Bosco 

REST EASY

B3207CE1-836A-4DB1-A3DA-1DC82BBD06FD.jpeg

It was a unique situation for Stephans, considering that he was also the head coach at St. Joseph High School in Montvale, so when he took the job at JCSC, he was coaching both teams simultaneously. 

“It was crazy,” Stephans recalled. “I would have practice at St. Joe’s right after school, then rush down to Jersey City and have practice there at night. We would get the cars and turn the headlights on the cars so we could have light to practice. We would practice in a parking lot. It was incredible.” 

Terpak was the jack-of-all-trades for those early Gothic Knight football teams, handling duties like equipment manager and laundry coordinator. But he grew to have an appreciation for Stephans. 

“He was just a really nice guy who never had a cross word to say about anyone, and no one ever said one about him,” Terpak said. “We were real close in those days. I remember one time we played Canisius in Buffalo at the old War Memorial Stadium, and Jack drove up to coach us there. After the game, he drove back to New Jersey to coach St. Joe’s the next day. It was incredible. His dedication was unbelievable.”