2008 STA vs 2017 Mater Dei and 2008 LT vs 2012 Allen

ChimpGrip

52 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

And the end of the day this sums it all up. 

7BBE07A9-C25C-4F14-9531-E1F87564565B.jpeg

From the outside looking in, it looks likes the team (Bishop Gorman) was very close knit. Same thing goes for the parents of the players. Am I right? And weren't y'all supposed to play Allen in 2016? If so, why did that game fall through?

22 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

From the outside looking in, it looks likes the team (Bishop Gorman) was very close knit. Same thing goes for the parents of the players. Am I right?

Absolutely correct. The C/O 2017 mostly started playing varsity games back in 2014 as sophomores. Biaggio Ali Walsh, Tyjon Lindsay, Haskell Garrett, Tate Martell and Alex Perry played roles in the huge upset versus CA state finalist Centennial. At that time it was common to see the late great Muhammad Ali, Snoop Dog, Flav or Flav and other celebrities in the stands. So yes that support from family, friends and the community was IMO a big reason for their success. 

And weren't y'all supposed to play Allen in 2016? If so, why did that game fall through?

Allen didn’t want to schedule Gorman in 2016. I’m not sure why the Eagles declined when they did play ECA (LA) and Hoover (AL) in 2016. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Absolutely correct. The C/O 2017 mostly started playing varsity games back in 2014 as sophomores. Biaggio Ali Walsh, Tyjon Lindsay, Haskell Garrett, Tate Martell and Alex Perry played roles in the huge upset versus CA state semi finalist Centennial. At that time it was common to see the late great Muhammad Ali, Snoop Dog, Flav or Flav and other celebrities in the stands. So yes that support from family, friends and the community was IMO a big reason for their success. 

Allen didn’t want to schedule Gorman in 2016. I’m not sure why the Eagles declined when they did play ECA (LA) and Hoover (AL) in 2016. 

If I had to guess, I'm thinking that they (Allen) didn't think that y'all would bring a huge crowd to texas if that game were to happen......especially with BG being a private school. But, from the outside looking in, it looked as if y'all brought a nice sized crowd to the OOS games. 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

If I had to guess, I'm thinking that they (Allen) didn't think that y'all would bring a huge crowd to texas if that game were to happen......especially with BG being a private school. But, from the outside looking in, it looked as if y'all brought a nice sized crowd to the OOS games. 

@DevilDog will give you an unbiased opinion on Gorman’s fan base. He was at Cedar Hill when the Gael’s travelled to Texas. And the Chill community was very welcoming to us desert folks. 

• Thanks 1