Fuck justice roberts

HSFBfan

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

OMG! 

allowing people to vote in a democracy, the horror! 

Sure, let them vote until Christmas.  What’s the big deal.  Easter, maybe.  We wouldn’t want to inconvenience people by having to get their ballot in on time.  It is so hard to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Bormio said:

Sure, let them vote until Christmas.  What’s the big deal.  Easter, maybe.  We wouldn’t want to inconvenience people by having to get their ballot in on time.  It is so hard to do.

Allowing votes to come through the mail for 3 extra days (after Trump's lackey slowed the mail down) = Dec. 25th or April of 2021.

Sure, good comparison.

1-little-girl-crying-and-running-cartoon

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

late voting was not authorized... just like with EVERYTHING, all the time, it still needs to be postmarked on time

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Does this mean we’re not gonna have a winner on election night, how you gonna call the winner on election night when votes still need to be counted 

Wouldn't be the first time in recent history.  What makes this year so special that it has to be known on election night by all means necessary.  Democracy be damned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Does this mean we’re not gonna have a winner on election night, how you gonna call the winner on election night when votes still need to be counted 

we never have a winner on election night

on election night we generally have a presumed winner and that is likely to be true this time as well. 

the only thing that is really changing is that Trump is making noise about absolutely everything to try and unhinge his cultists so that he can overturn the result through armed insurrection. 

Let's talk honestly. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You don't.

There's no law or any binding matter that says the winner has to be announced on election night.

A lot of national races that aren't for President don't get finalized until days later, sometimes weeks. House Reps and even Senators can sometimes take a while as mail votes (absentee) come in around the deadlines and get counted (last sometimes, after early vote and election day vote).

Stupidly, Republicans make laws that say mail votes cannot be tabulated or even opened until the actual election day, if these were done away with and more states could count upon receipt there wouldn't be vote counting going on for days after the election.

We'll likely know 1-12 days after the election who the winner is; states like FL will be known the night of or within a day or so - if Biden wins that then Trump has little chance anyway, of Trump wins then it may be another few days before some important swing states get called.

• Thanks 1

Just now, noonereal said:

we never have a winner on election night

on election night we generally have a presumed winner and that is likely to be true this time as well. 

the only thing that is really changing is that Trump is making noise about absolutely everything to try and unhinge his cultists so that he can overturn the result through armed insurrection. 

Let's talk honestly. 

The only party in this country to not concede defeat in a Presidential election is the donkey party

26 minutes ago, noonereal said:

dude, if you ever need the 411 on a 911, just tag me and I'll set you straight 😋

Man I don’t know how y’all boomers have the time to keep up with all this shit , everyday something newlike y’all must be living some awesome lives that you can even have the time to keep up with this shannigans 

, I miss the good old days when all y’all were busy watching murder she Wrote , yelling at the kids on your front lawn,  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Man I don’t know how y’all boomers have the time to keep up with all this shit , everyday something newlike y’all must be living some awesome lives that you can even have the time to keep up with this shannigans 

, I miss the good old days when all y’all were busy watching murder she Wrote , yelling at the kids on your front lawn,  

when I was your age... heck, when I was twice your age, I was so freakin' busy with work I did not have time to be aware of the world as I am now. 

Tutoring folks like you and the other local knucklehead @HSFBfanis my way of giving back for the leisure I enjoy today

( BTW, i never watched TV and was never yelled at my kids... mostly I laughed with them... which I still do about daily)  

I always told my kids... I'll tell you too, "if you are as smart as me, which you are not, I have lived twice as many years in which I learn everyday so how could you possibly be as smart as me?"  :)

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

I'll tell you too, "if you are as smart as me, which you are not, I have lived twice as many years in which I learn everyday so how could you possibly be as smart as me?"  :)

And when someone is smarter than you, they can learn things in half the time.   

That’s why you find yourself outmatched by many who are younger than🤓