Wayne Hills,NJ vs McKinley,OH

Nolebull813

Wayne Hills wants to travel once a year. Last year they came down and played 1A Pahokee. This year they are traveling to Canton McKinley. Good to see 2 private dominated states get some solid public teams together to show some depth. McKinley also plays St Mary's Ryken from Maryland. 

Fun fact. I had 2 roommates in college who played on the 97 McKinley National Championship team. Great dudes. 

25 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wayne Hills wants to travel once a year. Last year they came down and played 1A Pahokee. This year they are traveling to Canton McKinley. Good to see 2 private dominated states get some solid public teams together to show some depth. McKinley also plays St Mary's Ryken from Maryland. 

Fun fact. I had 2 roommates in college who played on the 97 McKinley National Championship team. Great dudes. 

How is it big bad public school ga teams with millions of devoted fans and tons of money (all according to rab) are not able to travel OOS but little ole NJ public WH can?  The wonders will never cease. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

How is it big bad public school ga teams with millions of devoted fans and tons of money (all according to rab) are not able to travel OOS but little ole NJ public WH can?  The wonders will never cease. 

There is a Georgia rule that states they can not play a non bordering state. And they are not allowed to play any team in that states top 10. And they all must schedule at least 1 oos game against a team ranked in the 8,000's or worse. 

Grayson met the 10 stud transfer rule to travel to Louisiana this year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Regardless of the state, it's too costly for most publics to travel outside of bordering states. Not their fault. Just the way it is with funding. 

Some not all. There are publics who travel all around the country every year. Some nationally relevant. Some no name. Fundraising is the same. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Regardless of the state, it's too costly for most publics to travel outside of bordering states. Not their fault. Just the way it is with funding. 

Are you saying the publics in NJ don't have the money to travel? With all the $ in NJ and the teachers making $100K+ there is no money to travel to a good OOS game even once a year?

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Most publics need Board of Ed approval, which can hinder opptys.

Stop bring facts to the table.  The mob would rather circle jerk every private school and talk shit on public schools who actually need public board approval and play with a team from a defined area. I guess it's easy to throw stones when you can recruit every poor black kid from who knows how many counties, states, etc..give them free tuition / housing, and have donors willing to flip the bill for a traveling national HS football circus.  That's what HS football is all about to some people. Sad.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Stop bring facts to the table.  The mob would rather circle jerk every private school and talk shit on public schools who actually need public board approval and play with a team from a defined area. I guess it's easy to throw stones when you can recruit every poor black kid from who knows how many counties, states, etc..give them free tuition / housing, and have donors willing to flip the bill for a traveling national HS football circus.  That's what HS football is all about to some people. Sad.

I think you are exaggerating some but your point is well taken.

5 hours ago, Panama Red said:

Instead of traveling to Ohio to play hand picked competition, Mr.Demikoff should be playing 1 of the parochials, for Power Points. And if they are gonna travel play a team that is worthy. 

Your first post

welcome

McKinley should win this game easily! ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Pahokee and Canton are def not glamorous places to travel to. At least, they'll get to visit the NFL HOF this time around. 

They probably stayed in and around west palm beach the entire trip, and only went to Pahokee  to play the game. 

They thought they were playing some 1A  first round loser dud team  but ran into a buzz saw ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9VzFtVKgAo

• Like 1

Wayne hills is a program known for bending and sometimes breaking the rules. Lot of controversies in Wayne and don't forget the cheap shot some WH player gave sjr player few yards in end zone after scoring td when sjr was blowing them out .... the sjr player was out for the year after the  hit. Think the kid was good player ... maybe Farina if my memory serves me correctly went to Rutgers. 

Pahokee forfeited their season this year. Due to ineligible player. Which resulted in a undefeated season for Wayne Hills. Also I'm not sure what buzzsaw you are referring to. Was a close game up to the mid 4th quarter.  Also the team that was scouted in the spring was entirely different team that was played by Wayne Hills. Check the roster that pahokee team had a ton of FBS talent and players on it.

10 hours ago, Panama Red said:

Pahokee forfeited their season this year. Due to ineligible player. Which resulted in a undefeated season for Wayne Hills. Also I'm not sure what buzzsaw you are referring to. Was a close game up to the mid 4th quarter.  Also the team that was scouted in the spring was entirely different team that was played by Wayne Hills. Check the roster that pahokee team had a ton of FBS talent and players on it.

The illegible player was a non factor in the regular season and playoffs. A bench warmer who had a clerical error with the front office based on him attending a non football charter school. Nobody is moving to Pahokee to play football. That I can tell you. 

Did Wayne Hills receive 1 transfer last year? Or the year before who played this past year? Any at all? 

Pahokee was dominating in the 2nd half, and if they were an actual quality team from a class higher then 1A, it would of been bullying charges. 

11 hours ago, Panama Red said:

Please name me all the transfers Pahokee got before the Wayne game. 

Wayne got this stud who did good in the Pahokee game. Imagine if he wasn't available. Imagine if the 3 studs from SJR never came as underclassmen in 2015. 

Without all these transfers not only would Wayne have gotten a running clock on them by Pahokee, they probably miss the playoffs. People think it's just the privates but the publics get their fair share. 

https://patch.com/new-jersey/wayne/star-wide-receiver-evidence-njoku-transfer-wayne-hills-reports-say