I'm all for equality, but...

paladin4ever

8 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

I imagine that if they are not being allowed to tryout for the teams that are already offered at their schools, they could win the opportunity to tryout, but can't really see the schools being forced to create a whole new league or team due to six girls, which isn't even enough to field one team. 

If they want to be treated as equal, then they should have to go through the same rigors as boys in tryouts. Once the interest becomes enough that they can field a complete team on their own, then perhaps they could be afforded that opportunity. 

I say let em play. Let them be as equal as they want to be. I don't think there is enough girls interested to play in order to force schools to create a separate league for them yet though. 

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I imagine that if they are not being allowed to tryout for the teams that are already offered at their schools, they could win the opportunity to tryout, but can't really see the schools being forced to create a whole new league or team due to six girls, which isn't even enough to field one team. 

If they want to be treated as equal, then they should have to go through the same rigors as boys in tryouts. Once the interest becomes enough that they can field a complete team on their own, then perhaps they could be afforded that opportunity. 

I say let em play. Let them be as equal as they want to be. I don't think there is enough girls interested to play in order to force schools to create a separate league for them yet though. 

I asked "Doc" about this earlier this morning whilst we were sipping on our Black Silk and he put it plainly....He said....

"Rufus, some of the Utah and Jersey teams already play like girls...so I don't have a problem with it"

When the Old Man is right.......HE'S RIGHT !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 3