Mark your calendars

Ararar

21 hours ago, 954gator said:

Yes according to Cpreps they had the toughest schedule ever.  That's odd.

Would be interested to see one that you think compares in your objective analysis

of course, feel free to use CP just for reference -- all the human pollsters do

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

What legit elite teams did SJB beat that year?   

Are you kidding 

3 top 10s, including greatest hsfb program of all-time that was coming off a 4-peat of CA Open and we're defending comp MNC -- can you name a more credentialed team with a loss..... ever

throw in a couple of more top 10 wins -- that's more than usually exist in the country (top 10 teams don't have too many losses)

youre deflecting because you can't think of a better one -- I say that's best SOS of undefeated team ever -- prove me wrong 

CA's best teams always have better too end SOS/ marquee wins than their FL counterparts especially in SoCal, especially in D1/ Pac5, especially in Trinity League because you guys don't usually run into each other in playoffs.  DLS, as long as they do their part is always guaranteed a top 10 team at the end (10 years running).  Some of those SoCal paths can be 3 top 10 opponents in a row as CC almost did in '12 and SJB would have done last year if it had been any of the previous six DLS teams 

no other state has that -- only TX and FL would have a chance but it's not set up that way

again .. prove me wrong

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Are you kidding 

3 top 10s, including greatest hsfb program of all-time that was coming off a 4-peat of CA Open and we're defending comp MNC -- can you name a more credentialed team with a loss..... ever

throw in a couple of more top 10 wins -- that's more than usually exist in the country (top 10 teams don't have too many losses)

youre deflecting because you can't think of a better one -- I say that's best SOS of undefeated team ever -- prove me wrong 

CA's best teams always have better too end SOS/ marquee wins than their FL counterparts especially in SoCal, especially in D1/ Pac5, especially in Trinity League because you guys don't usually run into each other in playoffs.  DLS, as long as they do their part is always guaranteed a top 10 team at the end (10 years running).  Some of those SoCal paths can be 3 top 10 opponents in a row as CC almost did in '12 and SJB would have done last year if it had been any of the previous six DLS teams 

no other state has that -- only TX and FL would have a chance but it's not set up that way

again .. prove me wrong

Listen pops, if you are only using Calpreps the california teams will always have the "toughest" schedules.  When you actually look at their schedule, and how those teams did, it really wasn't that amazing.

On 6/28/2017 at 1:24 PM, Mjd33 said:

At this point what do Santa margarita, J Serra, orange Lutheran, and servite even do to try and compete? The talent disparity between sjb + md and the other 4 trinity league teams is absurd. 

Reminiscent of the BNU when DBP was at the height of their dominance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don't really need to go outside of 2013 to find a schedule more difficult to go through.  

2013 BTW beat 3 actual top 25 teams (not BS cp). All were state champions and they traveled OOS for them. (except Central obviously)

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=3494a3f1-991c-48dc-a94b-162250494c07

I think BTW resume was as good as Bosco's and I think they beat a better team than Bosco played that year(Miami Central)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I think BTW resume was as good as Bosco's and I think they beat a better team than Bosco played that year(Miami Central)

That was IMO the best Central team to step on the field.  My point isn't to diminish SJB or even who'd win between the two, but the Cprep #s Pops quoted are crazy. 

17 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Reminiscent of the BNU when DBP was at the height of their dominance.

Good analogy but let's revisit the height of bosco era from three seasons 09-11.... BC and bosco still had some competitive games 

09 bosco beat BC by 8 points (Bosco finished 1st nationally) 

10 bosco beat BC by 10 in state title (Bosco finished 2nd nationally) 

11 bosco beat by BC 33-22 in first matchup and BC had lead going into 4th quarter (Bosco finished 1st nationally) 

No trinity league team will lose by single digits to MD or SJB this season. In fact most losses will be by 30+ points. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Listen pops, if you are only using Calpreps the california teams will always have the "toughest" schedules.  When you actually look at their schedule, and how those teams did, it really wasn't that amazing.

More deflection

i win by forfeit

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

You've always been a DLS hater but are you being intentionally obtuse or just ignoring post season

Btw played in a bracket where the team they met in the championship didn't get inside the top 1,000 until they lost to BTW

14 of SJB's 16 games were top 500

please

6 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Good analogy but let's revisit the height of bosco era from three seasons 09-11.... BC and bosco still had some competitive games 

09 bosco beat BC by 8 points (Bosco finished 1st nationally) 

10 bosco beat BC by 10 in state title (Bosco finished 2nd nationally) 

11 bosco beat by BC 33-22 in first matchup and BC had lead going into 4th quarter (Bosco finished 1st nationally) 

No trinity league team will lose by single digits to MD or SJB this season. In fact most losses will be by 30+ points. 

From 06-11 Bosco didn't lose a game and the above games you mentioned were the only close ones

5 hours ago, Pops said:

You've always been a DLS hater but are you being intentionally obtuse or just ignoring post season

Btw played in a bracket where the team they met in the championship didn't get inside the top 1,000 until they lost to BTW

14 of SJB's 16 games were top 500

please

Again try using something other than Calpreps in your argument.   Just because Servite (6-6) was ranked 106 do you really think that's where they stacked up??