Mark your calendars

Ararar

Defending Southern Section Division 1 football champion St. John Bosco will have its season opener on Aug. 25 against St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., televised by ESPNU as part of the 2017 GEICO ESPN High School Football Kickoff.

ESPN is showing seven games from Aug. 25-27.

The game will begin at 4 p.m. Pacific Coast time.

And the rich get richer.  Can't wait till that weekend.  So glad ESPN has been showing more and more games.  Pretty soon with the way technology is going and the cost dropping, most schools will have at least a live stream of all their games and that way we can all watch a game no matter where its being played. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ararar said:

In other SJB news

Rising DE Cole Aubrey (6-3, 225), who had 10 sacks last yr as a soph at @JSerra_Football , has enrolled at @boscofootball @_coleaubrey_

At this point what do Santa margarita, J Serra, orange Lutheran, and servite even do to try and compete? The talent disparity between sjb + md and the other 4 trinity league teams is absurd. 

43 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

At this point what do Santa margarita, J Serra, orange Lutheran, and servite even do to try and compete? The talent disparity between sjb + md and the other 4 trinity league teams is absurd. 

Definitely losing the arms race

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

for SJB or any team lol? 

I agree that high end talent in '13 (i.e. #1 QB in country) separated that team from even this monster

Am not sure about best 22 starters ever, but I believe that teams resume was best ever to date -- wins v #6 (by 6), #10 (by 22), #10 (by 27), #27 (by 21), #62 (by 48), #92 (by 41), etc

3 top 10s 

6 top 100

11 top 250

14 of 16 games v top 500

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Not sure about total D1's but they had the best 22 starters ever.  Every position had a D1 scholly player.  Im guessing that team had something like 30 guys on that squad with offers.  It was insane. 

2013 sjb versus mountain pointe would of been great game .... MP beat chandler worse than sjb did but I still would of made sjb td favorite. 

6 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Yeah... it is. Living in the middle of Trinity country, I used to enjoy seeing as many games as my schedule would permit... Not so much anymore. The league has detached into the "big 1 and 1/2" and everyone else again... like it was a couple of years ago. From my perspective, there is now more interest in following some of the other leagues around the country as there is better competition and who will win it all is not a given.

6 hours ago, Pops said:

I agree that high end talent in '13 (i.e. #1 QB in country) separated that team from even this monster

Am not sure about best 22 starters ever, but I believe that teams resume was best ever to date -- wins v #6 (by 6), #10 (by 22), #10 (by 27), #27 (by 21), #62 (by 48), #92 (by 41), etc

3 top 10s 

6 top 100

11 top 250

14 of 16 games v top 500

Yes according to Cpreps they had the toughest schedule ever.  That's odd.