Interesting Article and Data

concha

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I did address it as anybody can see and I even agreed on a related issue.

Again, you're just a lightweight and have exhausted all of your insults and quips by page 2.

As mentioned...

You made an irrelevant point about women in STEM.

You made a commentary on the author.

You asked an irrelevant question about Covid.

You made no substantive effort at all to address the thesis. Is there no material basis for the idea that underrepresentation reflects underqualification?  There is evidence provided that supports the assertion.

Your "responses" have not addressed the article at all.

You are a clown.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

So you think there is no basis for the idea that underrepresentation reflects underqualification?

There's no basis for the author, the paid shill that she is, to claim that there's no systemic racism/bias when her entire argument is that black kids don't learn, can't read and aren't qualified.

If an entire race is failing to achieve at the rate alleged by the author then the issue is systemic.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

It took me one post for you to breakdown for "serious academic" concha to blithering buffoon who spouts boilerplate phrases about liberals, teacher union henchmen, etc.

Again, Andy, anything substantive from you regarding the the thesis and evidence provided by the author as a  basis for the idea that underrepresentation reflects underqualification?

We're on page 3.

Got anything?

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

There's no basis for the author, the paid shill that she is, to claim that there's no systemic racism/bias when her entire argument is that black kids don't learn, can't read and aren't qualified.

If an entire race is failing to achieve at the rate alleged by the author then the issue is systemic.

Finally, some semblance of a relevant response.

I would say that the author's idea that underrepresentation reflects underqualification is true at the adult level, but reflects serious issues that need to be dealt with at the child/youth level.

A company shouldn't be deemed racist for hiring and promoting the most qualified, as long as that is what they are doing.

But if we provide shit government schools (as huge swathes of young blacks are subjected to) and don't improve them or offer alternatives, then there IS an issue in that area.  The same with the effects of our justice system and mass incarceration.  Bad schools, high crime and absent fathers create areas where opportunity dies (leaves).

Care to discuss the merits of inner city schools, teacher unions, the '94 crime bill, school choice...?

5 minutes ago, concha said:

I would say that the author's idea that underrepresentation reflects underqualification is true at the adult level, but reflects serious issues that need to be dealt with at the child/youth level.

Which the author has no interest in addressing.

Her interest is in calling something a myth, dismissing it and making sure that the systemic aspect that she rejects continues for as long as possible.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

But if we provide shit government schools (as huge swathes of young blacks are subjected to) and don't improve them or offer alternatives, then there IS an issue in that area.  The same with the effects of our justice system and mass incarceration.  Bad schools, high crime and absent fathers create areas where opportunity dies (leaves).

Again, which the author has no interest in addressing. That's not her gig. Her gig is to promote myth-busting to a conservative audience and get them dismiss the issue writ-large.

She's against police reform. Against criminal justice reform. She's quoted as saying that there's been no arm of government more dedicated to blacks lives mattering than police.

She's a professional denier. A loon. A person so elitist that she added a space to her last name.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Care to discuss the merits of inner city schools, teacher unions, the '94 crime bill, school choice...?

This is where the agenda-pushing comes in which, again, is the entire point of her existence.

We know that you're going to give us a bunch of opinions, many of them laughable and unsupported, on these things.

16 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I've read more Heather Mac        Donald than you.

I know exactly what it's about before I even read it.

She's a paid agenda-pusher.

1) An assertion with no basis other than in your imagination.

2) She leans right. And she provides evidence to support her ideas. Unlike you, who provides opinions you yank out of your ass.

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Which the author has no interest in addressing.

Her interest is in calling something a myth, dismissing it and making sure that the systemic aspect that she rejects continues for as long as possible.

She doesn't address what is arguably outside the scope of what she is talking about.

She provides evidence.

And as regards the "systemic aspect that she rejects", it was in general created by and is in general perpetuated by liberals. 🤡

4 minutes ago, concha said:

And as regards the "systemic aspect that she rejects", it was in general created by and is in general perpetuated by liberals. 

😄

There it is. I was waiting for that.

concha is so profoundly dumb that this is really the only thing he knows how to do. In fact, even when the places aren't governed by liberals he doesn't know what to do so he just blames it on liberal "culture" in and around the said place.

And, again, there are no solutions here and no care given. concha just wants to blame liberals.

Everybody here knows his game. Not a serious person.

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Concha knows that he enjoys watching you squirm, flail, shuck and jive.

It took one post for you to get off your "serious" concha script and breakdown into your typical routine.

The only person who flailed, squirmed or jived is you.

The fact that you have to pretend to be a serious person is rather comical.