Interesting Article and Data

concha

42 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

There it is. I was waiting for that.

concha is so profoundly dumb that this is really the only thing he knows how to do. In fact, even when the places aren't governed by liberals he doesn't know what to do so he just blames it on liberal "culture" in and around the said place.

And, again, there are no solutions here and no care given. concha just wants to blame liberals.

Everybody here knows his game. Not a serious person.

I was waiting for that.

Andy makes assertions for which he provides no backup, then gets upset when someone does anything similar.

In AndyLand, 60 years of failure under generally the same party for a huge swathe of the black population is "systemic".  But outrage ensues when you point out that when someone's been in charge for 60 years, they ARE the system.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, concha said:

In AndyLand, 60 years of failure under generally the same party for a huge swathe of the black population is "systemic".  But outrage ensues when you point out that when someone's been in charge for 60 years, they ARE the system.

I'm more than willing to let you keep embarrassing yourself with this laughable assertion.

If it's systemic then it means the whole system and not just one part. Since "a huge swathe" of the black population has not, in fact, been governed by one party for 60 years I must conclude that you're just pulling things out of your ass.

These are just the kind of arguments that facile morons use.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm more than willing to let you keep embarrassing yourself with this laughable assertion.

If it's systemic then it means the whole system and not just one part. Since "a huge swathe" of the black population has not, in fact, been governed by one party for 60 years I must conclude that you're just pulling things out of your ass.

These are just the kind of arguments that facile morons use.

https://blackdemographics.com/population/black-city-population/

Just look at the top 25 cities by black population. 

They account for nearly 50% of the black population in the country (about 22M of 47M).

Again, that's just the top 25.

They are overwhelmingly blue and I challenge you to prove that they haven't been overwhelmingly blue for several decades or more.

This means their educational systems and policing/justice systems - arguably the two most cited issues affecting the black community - have been run by Democrats.  

https://www.frc.org/op-eds/democrats-have-failed-the-black-community-for-too-long

Of the 1,003 people killed by police last year, 405 were white, 250 were black, 163 were Hispanic, and 185 were recorded as other/unknown ethnicity. Only 55 of those 1,003 individuals were unarmed — 25 white suspects, 14 black suspects, 11 Hispanic suspects, and five others.

In another category that often gets a lot of attention from activist groups screaming about racial injustice, 29 of those killed by police in 2019 possessed a toy gun — 14 of them were white, 6 were black, 4 were Hispanic, and 5 were of unknown ethnicity.

To be clear, whether they were armed, or unarmed, or in possession of a toy that looked like a real weapon, in every single category, blacks were not killed more often than whites. Given the numbers — 14 unarmed blacks killed out of 10 million arrests, which equates to a rate of 0.00014 percent — this is NOT evidence of systemic racism.

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/police-reform-george-floyd-minneapolis-chicago-new-york-democrats-20200617.html

What is striking is that the principal controversies then and now largely revolved around police departments in Democrat-controlled cities, with a few notable exceptions, like Ferguson, Mo. Despite decades of promises of reform, these cities — Baltimore, Chicago, and Minneapolis are notable recent cases — continue to struggle with relations between the police and minority communities. The media rarely acknowledge this failing of the party, and it seems to evoke little self-reflection among urban Democrats themselves.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/opinion/columnists/george-korda/2020/06/04/george-floyd-brutality-systemic-racism-questions-go-unanswered-honesty-george-korda-opinion/3137659001/

When people talk about the need to deal with systemic racism, if they’re not willing to talk about the systems run – often for generations by the political party or politicians they support – they aren’t interested in an open and honest conversation; instead, they want only to use the issue as a club against people who aren’t them.

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-archive-gerald-ford-cd60b6d9b1e34e20b9b0c19205c2cae6

Who knows what conclusion can be drawn from the finding that the most murderous cities have been controlled by Democrats — and often black Democrats? I am not suggesting that Democratic control causes murder and mayhem. What I am saying is that murder, mayhem and other violent crime are not reduced by the election of black or white Democrats to run our cities.

...Bobby Hesley, a Catholic speaker, writer and conservative political commentator, writes, “Black people are finally starting to wake up and unplug themselves from the Liberal Matrix that has ruled their reality for over a half a century.”

4 hours ago, concha said:

So you think there is no basis for the idea that underrepresentation reflects underqualification?

No.

Also, I think there is no basis for the assumptions the article expects me to agree with and therefor any argument and any #/% that comes from that I view as faulty.  It is a dismissive piece.  On top of that it is dismissive about something that goes much deeper and is a more ingrained part of the fabric of our country that hardly anybody notices.  Minorities notice though.   It goes much deeper than the partisan blame game you like to play.  Instead of thinking of left and right wings,  the whole bird is where racial issues comes from.  

Every time anybody black gets murdered by the police, the left screams justice and the right goes on to say that the person deserved it or had a history of getting in trouble, or something to discredit him.  A community yells loudly what their story is and it is met with people telling them what their story is and they are wrong.  The reason why this happens gets you much closer to addressing race than what the article tries to do.  

Just my 2 cents.  

• Like 1

Just now, World Citizen said:

No.

Also, I think there is no basis for the assumptions the article expects me to agree with and therefor any argument and any #/% that comes from that I view as faulty.  It is a dismissive piece.  On top of that it is dismissive about something that goes much deeper and is a more ingrained part of the fabric of our country that hardly anybody notices.  Minorities notice though.   It goes much deeper than the partisan blame game you like to play.  Instead of thinking of left and right wings,  the whole bird is where racial issues comes from.  

Every time anybody black gets murdered by the police, the left screams justice and the right goes on to say that the person deserved it or had a history of getting in trouble, or something to discredit him.  A community yells loudly what their story is and it is met with people telling them what their story is and they are wrong.  The reason why this happens gets you much closer to addressing race than what the article tries to do.  

Just my 2 cents.  

Fascinating.

So you are presented with actual data - from multiple areas - showing that a certain group tends to lack qualified people for many significant job categories, but stick to the notion that it in no way explains why that same group might not get hired and promoted.

OK. Appreciate your candor, devoid of support though it may have been provided.

11 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Every time anybody black gets murdered by the police, the left screams justice and the right goes on to say that the person deserved it or had a history of getting in trouble, or something to discredit him. 

I'll say it again:

I know exactly what Heather Mac                    Donald is going to write before I even read the article. 

Every time.

I also know that concha and others will always trash the black victim of police violence.

Every time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, concha said:

https://blackdemographics.com/population/black-city-population/

Just look at the top 25 cities by black population. 

They account for nearly 50% of the black population in the country (about 22M of 47M).

Again, that's just the top 25.

They are overwhelmingly blue and I challenge you to prove that they haven't been overwhelmingly blue for several decades or more.

We've already been over this.

The #1 city on your list, New York, has had a Republican/Independent mayor for 20 of the last 27 years.

#5 Miami has had a Republican mayor for 15 of the last 23 years. Miami-Dade County just had a 16-year Republican hold on the mayoralty ended.

It seems that big cities with minority populations suffer from the same issues regardless of what party holds the mayoralty.

It's flabbergasting how stupid your argument is.

If I can easily rebut your claims in 5 seconds then you might want to rethink them.

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

We've already been over this.

The #1 city on your list, New York, has had a Republican/Independent mayor for 20 of the last 27 years.

#5 Miami has had a Republican mayor for 15 of the last 23 years. Miami-Dade County just had a 16-year Republican hold on the mayoralty ended.

It seems that big cities with minority populations suffer from the same issues regardless of what party holds the mayoralty.

It's flabbergasting how stupid your argument is.

If I can easily rebut your claims in 5 seconds then you might want to rethink them.

Have you ever heard of a legislative branch? Just an example for you, as you want us to think NYC is not blue... It has 51 members.  46 are Democrats. 3 are Republicans. 2 seats are vacant.

Miami-Dade's legislature is also majority Dem.

The following quote I cited earlier is perfect for you...

When people talk about the need to deal with systemic racism, if they’re not willing to talk about the systems run – often for generations by the political party or politicians they support – they aren’t interested in an open and honest conversation; instead, they want only to use the issue as a club against people who aren’t them.

Your party governs over the lion's share of places where African-Americans suffer most. Truth.

Hell, you are so ludicrously dishonest about this that you accused ME of wanting the "systemic" shit your party has governed over for ages to continue. Your team lies, panders and fucks over for decades and generations, but MY side is the bad guy and wants it to continue?  You people are mentally ill.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Have you ever heard of a legislative branch? Just an example for you, as you want us to think NYC is not blue... It has 51 members.  46 are Democrats. 3 are Republicans. 2 seats are vacant.

I didn't say New York was not blue. I said it was run by liberals for 20 of the past 27 years.

Your silly claims keep getting debunked in record time and you keep having to go back to try again.

8 minutes ago, concha said:

Miami-Dade's legislature is also majority Dem.

But the City of Miami's is not. It's majority Republican.

Seems like government in some of these places are Republican-controlled or split.

And it's funny. None of the Republican-controlled cities have solved the problems of homelessness, education, poverty, policing, etc.

🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, concha said:

The following quote I cited earlier is perfect for you...

This is actually perfect for you: someone who's not actually interested in solving any of these problems. You're more interested in saying that liberals suck.

12 minutes ago, concha said:

Hell, you are so ludicrously dishonest about this that you accused ME of wanting the "systemic" shit your party has governed over for ages to continue. Your team lies, panders and fucks over for decades and generations, but MY side is the bad guy and wants it to continue?  You people are mentally ill.

👆

This guy wants to be taken seriously on this issue.

😄

He says that these places have been run by liberals for 60 years which is not true.

He then insinuates that the issues that exist in these places are caused by said liberals but provides no evidence.

He then intimates that if Republicans were in control that these issues would be solved but provides no evidence.

He fails to acknowledge that these issues exist in Republican-controlled cities.

concha is dumb and agenda-driven.

His #1 mission on this board is to blame liberals and never say anything remotely bad about Republicans.

He's got his President and his allies running around trying to overturn an election and what does he do? He spends his time linking articles by Heather Mac        Donald about systemic bias being a myth.

Oh, and he goes about praising murderous dictators too.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I didn't say New York was not blue. I said it was run by liberals for 20 of the past 27 years.

Your silly claims keep getting debunked in record time and you keep having to go back to try again.

As per usual you as bass-ackwards.

You think you've done something that you didn't.

There has only really been one truly Republican mayor of NYC since the mid-40s.

John Lindsay and Michael Bloomberg were so Republican that they switched parties.

You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

👆

😄

He says that these places have been run by liberals for 60 years which is not true.

He then insinuates that the issues that exist in these places are caused by said liberals but provides no evidence.

He then intimates that if Republicans were in control that these issues would be solved but provides no evidence.

He fails to acknowledge that these issues exist in Republican-controlled cities.

His #1 mission on this board is to blame liberals and never say anything remotely bad about Republicans.

He's got his President and his allies running around trying to overturn an election and what does he do? He spends his time linking articles by Heather Mac        Donald about systemic bias being a myth.

Dammit Finch!

😂😂😂

bgw

1 minute ago, concha said:

There has only really been one truly Republican mayor of NYC since the mid-40s.

Giuliani and Bloomberg were Republican mayors for 13 straight years. Bloomberg became an Independent in 2007.

So Republicans or Independents ran New York City for 20 straight years and apparently fixed none of the problems.

But you gotta vote for those Republicans because liberals........did something or the other!

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

👆

😄

1) Actually, Andy, it is true. Some places a little less, some places more... but generally accurate. And you and everyone here knows it.

2) Many of the issues are indeed caused by liberal policies and governance.  When there are problems in a place that have been there for many decades and generations, and Democrats have run those places and promised to solve those problems, but they don't get solved and arguably get worse... apparently they are the fault of the problem fairy.

3) Whether Republicans being in control would have solved the problems is indeed speculation, because they weren't in charge. I think any reasonable person would have a hard time imagining them worse, however.

4) There are few purely Republican-controlled cities of any size in the country.  What we do know for sure is that Democrats as a rule have controlled our major cities, pandered and promised for decades and accept no responsibility for that which they have controlled. "It's the system". Except Andy is so dishonest he refuses to accept that when you are in charge for 40, 50, 60 and more years... YOU ARE THE SYSTEM, ANDY! 

3 minutes ago, concha said:

2) Many of the issues are indeed caused by liberal policies and governance.  When there are problems in a place that have been there for many decades and generations, and Democrats have run those places and promised to solve those problems, but they don't get solved and arguably get worse... apparently they are the fault of the problem fairy.

And then he doubles down on not providing any evidence.

🤡