Biden Wins Again and Great News for America

DownSouth

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Here's a perfect example of concha's dishonesty on manufacturing.

There was "flight" in manufacturing under Obama according to concha.

manufacturing.jpg.da71a5f3e56dce49f06c84eec993839a.jpg

While a straight January 2009 to January 2017 comparison shows that manufacturing employment dropped from 12,561,000 to 12,367,000 (1.5%), Obama, of course, became President in the middle of a recession.

Whether you start counting from when the recession ended (July 2009 = 11,668,000) or when manufacturing bottomed out (February 2010 = 11,453,000), the economy added manufacturing jobs at a higher rate (5.9% and 7.9% respectively) than during Trump's tenure even excluding COVID-19 (3.5%).

Anybody with a brain and some common decency could see this chart and understand that the trend merely continued until it flattened in 2019 due to Trump's stupid tariffs (among other things).

But concha has no decency and might not even have a brain.

So Andy's subject to divert from earlier embarrassment continues.  🤣

Not sure where I ever said there was manufacturing "flight" under Obama as I don't lay the flight that occurred at his doorstep. 

There was stagnation under Obama in his final two years.  Jobs and production. THAT is what Trump inherited.

Both began to return again (after about two years of said Obama stagnation) when Trump took over. Fact.

Andy likes to play with numbers, but these are indisputable:

• Obama's manufacturing numbers recovery was low-hanging fruit.  Excess capacity from the great recession coming back online.
  • Obama's TWO FINAL YEARS saw nearly zero job growth in manufacturing. Fact. Not two quarters. TWO YEARS.
  • In Obama's final two years we saw a net DECLINE in manufacturing output. Fact. Not two quarters. TWO YEARS.

Enter Trump:

• Manufacturing employment increases some 400k-500k versus stagnating for TWO YEARS under Obama.
  • Under Trump, manufacturing output per the BLS's manufacturing real output index increased from 102.4 (Q1 2017) to 104.9 (Q4 2019).  In the two years under Obama until Trump took office it declined from 103.5 to 102.2.

When a trend stops for TWO YEARS it's no longer a trend, Andy.  🤣  🤡

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm pretty sure you didn't.

🤡

Wow. Andy found a quote!

Way to go, Andy.

Can you prove if I discussed manufacturing statistics much more strongly either way? I'm trying to give your bizarro OCD something to do. You're welcome.

I'm curious, do you maintain a database in your basement command center, or do you search through literally years of people's posts  every time you do this?

Either way it's fucking weirdo bizarre, but which one is it?

10 minutes ago, concha said:

Not sure where I ever said there was manufacturing "flight" under Obama as I don't lay the flight that occurred at his doorstep.

You clearly don't read anything.

👇

On 2/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, concha said:

Are you aware that Obama's job numbers saw flight from manufacturing while Trump has added about half-a-million new manufacturing jobs?

Maybe we now know why you're such a liar and are so uninformed: Lack of reading skills.

• Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

But, of course, the context that you didn't provide proves otherwise.

👇

So let me get this straight.

I own your psyche so completely that you literally changed the subject matter being discussed earlier because you wanted to argue about shit from two years ago?

WTF is wrong with you?

Seriously, dude.

4fc973ea-c6ac-4b8e-ac53-f96414a5d1f1-jpe

14 minutes ago, concha said:

There was stagnation under Obama in his final two years.  Jobs and production. THAT is what Trump inherited.

I understand that this is your go-to move to deflect from your previous lies but the context that you didn't provide proves that Trump inherited an economy, and manufacturing sector, that was just fine.

And manufacturing fell of a cliff in Trump's last two years and flattened completely right before COVID-19.

🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You clearly don't read anything.

👇

Maybe we now know why you're such a liar and are so uninformed: Lack of reading skills.

And depending on the timeframe, that's true. Over his eight years it was true, but in this context there was actually minor flight in 2016 also.

Fact.

Not lies.

Fact.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

So I posted lots of times with stats and the like about output?

Because that chart is in YOUR post.

I love that concha is now playing dumb to avoid the truth.

👇

On 1/17/2018 at 10:27 PM, concha said:

Manufacturing output up four months running and forecasts strong.

Does this look like my post, concha?

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

I understand that this is your go-to move to deflect from your previous lies but the context that you didn't provide proves that Trump inherited an economy, and manufacturing sector, that was just fine.

And manufacturing fell of a cliff in Trump's last two years and flattened completed right before COVID-19.

🤷‍♂️

So now, two entire years of stagnating manufacturing employment and declining manufacturing output are "just fine" in AndyLand.

🤡

6 minutes ago, concha said:

So let me get this straight.

I own your psyche so completely that you literally changed the subject matter being discussed earlier because you wanted to argue about shit from two years ago?

This thread is about markets and then turned to clean energy. I discussed that and then called you a liar on, among other things, manufacturing.

I then backed it up.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

And depending on the timeframe, that's true.

😄

So first concha tries to distance himself from that statement and claims that he doesn't recall saying it. Then when proven that he said he says that it's true.

But it's not.

Then he wants to cherry-pick just 2016 while completely exculpating Trump from the entirety of COVID-19.

Has concha ever had an honest conversation in his entire life?

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

This thread is about markets and then turned to clean energy. I discussed that and then called you a liar on, among other things, manufacturing.

I then backed it up.

Yes. You jumped in to change the subject I was posting about (twice), because I own your tiny little mind and you're so effing weird you were desperate to argue with me about two-year shit.

🤡

Weirdo.

😄

So first concha tries to distance himself from that statement and claims that he doesn't recall saying it. Then when proven that he said he says that it's true.

But it's not.

Then he wants to cherry-pick just 2016 while completely exculpating Trump from the entirety of COVID-19.

Sounds like Andy's story now is that Trump should be held responsible for the economic effects of a pandemic that has crushed the major economies of the world.

It's just off-the-charts bizarroland with this guy.

🤡

Just now, concha said:

Sounds like Andy's story now is that Trump should be held responsible for the economic effects of a pandemic that has crushed the major economies of the world.

I'm honest so I counted up until COVID-19 and you were still wrong.

But you want Obama to be responsible for a recession that predated him and then want to only count 2016.

You are amazingly dishonest.

I ask again:

• Thumbs Down 1

46 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You lied about only discussing manufacturing jobs.

You didn't.

Ad how did those forecasts turn out?

🤡

Normal people (in this case "everyone on this site except Andy") don't take this site seriously and desperately enough to search through years of posts to check if they ever happened to say one particular thing or not.

But then there's Andy...

👍

Just now, concha said:

Normal people (in this case "everyone on this site except Andy") don't take this site seriously and desperately enough to search through years of posts to check if they ever happened to say one particular thing or not.

concha fights furiously on issues and then when defeated he just claims that it's not that serious.

😄

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It had gone up 7.5% over the previous 6 years and went up 3.5% until Trump's tariffs.

Seems just fine.

But concha's got lies to peddle.

Trump inherited two years of stagnation as regards manufacturing.

FACT.

Obama even mocked the idea that Trump could boost the manufacturing sector ("magic wand" ring a bell? How about “some of those jobs of the past are just not going to come back.”).

• DownSouth changed the title to Biden Wins Again and Great News for America