Biden Wins Again and Great News for America

DownSouth

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

There are almost 10 times as many green energy jobs in California alone than there are coal jobs in the entire country.

Clean energy employs "more than half a million Californians. That’s nearly ten times more the number of coal mining jobs that exist in the entire nation."

mostly-true

Super.

How many are currently open?

Have you applied for any? 

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

B-B-B-Buuuuut.....

But what, Andy?

Does he even live in Cali (home of green energy and, not surprisingly, rolling blackouts)?

And since the idea was to look for a job, how many openings are there?

You posted 💩 and are proud of it. Just another day in the week. 🤡  🤣

39 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I posted a yuuuuge fact and it sent your scurrying like a rat.

You lie about manufacturing and then sneer at clean energy jobs.

💩

🤡  🤣

Sure you did, Andy.

"Well,  green energy jobs are big in California. The state famous for massive blackouts."

And now you want to lie (again) about manufacturing jobs increasing under Trump (prior to Covid, of course). Manufacturing jobs stagnated in Obama's final two years. Zero growth. In fact. Obama mocked Trump regarding manufacturing jobs. Then Trump takes over and the economy adds 400k-500k manufacturing jobs. 

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

And I don't "sneer" at clean energy jobs. I sneer at stupid people trying to force and mandate stupid plans while attacking existing, successful and plentiful energy sources here in America that successfully support our economy, energy independence and millions of American jobs. If clean energy options can compete in the market, then great. If not, then wait until the technology is better and they can compete.

28 minutes ago, concha said:

Sure you did, Andy.

"Well,  green energy jobs are big in California. The state famous for massive blackouts."

I know I did.

And, of course, you would make a silly comparison to try to save face for the epic failure in Texas.

Blackouts In Texas And California Teach A Hard Lesson: Climate Change Is Costly

All indications point to a considerably worse scenario now unfolding in Texas. Despite the uproar, California’s blackouts were modest in nature, with around 500,000 homes and businesses losing power at the height of the blackout period for between 15 minutes and 2.5 hours. 

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, concha said:

And now you want to lie (again) about manufacturing jobs increasing under Trump (prior to Covid, of course). Manufacturing jobs stagnated in Obama's final two years. Zero growth. In fact. Obama mocked Trump regarding manufacturing jobs. Then Trump takes over and the economy adds 400k-500k manufacturing jobs. 

No, you lied repeatedly when you claimed how great the manufacturing sector was doing while in the middle of a manufacturing recession.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, concha said:

And I don't "sneer" at clean energy jobs. I sneer at stupid people trying to force and mandate stupid plans while attacking existing, successful and plentiful energy sources here in America that successfully support our economy, energy independence and millions of American jobs. If clean energy options can compete in the market, then great. If not, then wait until the technology is better and they can compete

Like the "plentiful" coal industry and it's 50,000 jobs?

Like the "successful" power grid in Texas?

This is perfectly disingenuous for the likes of concha. Claim that the new energy has to compete (which it does) and then spend the rest of your time sneering at it while your media lackeys lie about it to the public.

• Thumbs Down 1

A very small sample of concha pumping manufacturing while we were in the middle of a manufacturing recession.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:42 AM, concha said:

manufacturing returning,

On 2/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, concha said:

manufacturing returning,

On 3/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, concha said:

Manufacturing returning.  CHECK

On 2/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, concha said:

Manufacturing still going strong.

Manufacturing is now officially in recession, despite Trump’s vow to boost industry

But today, manufacturing has plunged into recession and is threatening to pull down other sectors, perhaps hitting hardest on supporters in those states that helped put Trump in office.

As measured by the Federal Reserve, manufacturing output shrank over two straight quarters this year. That’s the common definition of recession.

A separate, widely followed index drawn from purchasing managers showed September’s contraction in manufacturing was the steepest since June 2009, with production, inventories and new orders all falling.

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I know I did.

And, of course, you would make a silly comparison to try to save face for the epic failure in Texas.

Blackouts In Texas And California Teach A Hard Lesson: Climate Change Is Costly

All indications point to a considerably worse scenario now unfolding in Texas. Despite the uproar, California’s blackouts were modest in nature, with around 500,000 homes and businesses losing power at the height of the blackout period for between 15 minutes and 2.5 hours. 

No, you really didn't , Andy.

I posted to the guy about gas costs and getting a job to pay for the increases. No mention of California nor Texas. 🤡

You felt some bizarre need to introduce your weirdness and bring up green jobs in California (I believe he's from Georgia). 🤡

44 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, you lied repeatedly when you claimed how great the manufacturing sector was doing while in the middle of a manufacturing recession.

🤡

I did? No doubt you've desperately searched through hundreds if not thousands of posts from years ago to demonstrate this. You're the only weirdo on this site who does that. So, lay it on us.

Up until Covid, manufacturing jobs increased by hundreds of thousands after stagnating for two entire years under Obama. Fact. 🤡

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Like the "plentiful" coal industry and it's 50,000 jobs?

Like the "successful" power grid in Texas?

This is perfectly disingenuous for the likes of concha. Claim that the new energy has to compete (which it does) and then spend the rest of your time sneering at it while your media lackeys lie about it to the public.

Not sure when it was I talked about the plentiful coal industry or 50k jobs. Is this another years-old post you've dug up because you're a weirdo? Please share.

And not sure where I claimed the Texas power grid was successful.

Are you just making shit up again, Andy? 

And coal is competing on a level playing ground?  No restrictions and regulation on coal that wind and solar don't face?  No subsidies for the likes of wind and solar?

Do you even understand the concept of a free market?

🤡

37 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

A very small sample of concha pumping manufacturing while we were in the middle of a manufacturing recession.

Manufacturing is now officially in recession, despite Trump’s vow to boost industry

But today, manufacturing has plunged into recession and is threatening to pull down other sectors, perhaps hitting hardest on supporters in those states that helped put Trump in office.

As measured by the Federal Reserve, manufacturing output shrank over two straight quarters this year. That’s the common definition of recession.

A separate, widely followed index drawn from purchasing managers showed September’s contraction in manufacturing was the steepest since June 2009, with production, inventories and new orders all falling.

Up until Covid:

• Manufacturing jobs were 400k-500k higher than at any point in Obama's 8 years.
  • Industrial production was higher than at any point under Obama.

And the point in time from when you picked the quotes you did your usual weirdo thing with, manufacturing jobs were still growing.

Here's a perfect example of concha's dishonesty on manufacturing.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, concha said:

Are you aware that Obama's job numbers saw flight from manufacturing while Trump has added about half-a-million new manufacturing jobs?

There was "flight" in manufacturing under Obama according to concha.

manufacturing.jpg.da71a5f3e56dce49f06c84eec993839a.jpg

While a straight January 2009 to January 2017 comparison shows that manufacturing employment dropped from 12,561,000 to 12,367,000 (1.5%), Obama, of course, became President in the middle of a recession.

Whether you start counting from when the recession ended (July 2009 = 11,668,000) or when manufacturing bottomed out (February 2010 = 11,453,000), the economy added manufacturing jobs at a higher rate (5.9% and 7.9% respectively) than during Trump's tenure even excluding COVID-19 (3.5%).

Anybody with a brain and some common decency could see this chart and understand that the trend merely continued until it flattened in 2019 due to Trump's stupid tariffs (among other things).

But concha has no decency and might not even have a brain.

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The recession was in 2019.

So before Covid-19.

image.jpeg.4b9eb39c534d2caa2064c6d8322d0c5c.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I always talked about manufacturing in terms of manufacturing employment, Andy. I'd bet all or nearly stats I provided were in that context. 

Trump's manufacturing numbers were far better than what Obama handed him. Employment and output.

Your subject change after your embarrassing display about green jobs is noted, btw. LMAO.🤡  🤣

6 minutes ago, concha said:

I'd bet all or nearly stats I provided were in that context. 

Spoiler: You didn't.

👇

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

While a straight January 2009 to January 2017 comparison shows that manufacturing employment dropped from 12,561,000 to 12,367,000 (1.5%), Obama, of course, became President in the middle of a recession.

Whether you start counting from when the recession ended (July 2009 = 11,668,000) or when manufacturing bottomed out (February 2010 = 11,453,000), the economy added manufacturing jobs at a higher rate (5.9% and 7.9% respectively) than during Trump's tenure even excluding COVID-19 (3.5%).

Anybody with a brain and some common decency could see this chart and understand that the trend merely continued until it flattened in 2019 due to Trump's stupid tariffs (among other things).

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Trump's manufacturing numbers were far better than what Obama handed him. Employment and output.

But, of course, the context that you didn't provide proves otherwise.

👇

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

• Thumbs Down 1

• DownSouth changed the title to Biden Wins Again and Great News for America