Lights Out 12

HawgGoneIt

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Every wonder why so many cars get airborne at that track?

Track has a ton of grip. It just doesn't release the rear so the drivers have to let off. They're drag car drivers and "let off" isn't in the vocabulary. xD

Tim Slave's set the record last year with this same car I think. 

Amazing save today tbh. Here's another angle that shows how far he flew...

• Like 1

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

I wonder what the 60 foot was on that run. I would guess .880 ish

Idk. Haven't seen the score sheet yet. 

I do know you can usually tell on take off from the tree at SGMP how the run is gonna be. The cars that run great always have that same look when they take off. The ass kinda lifts just an inch or something before squatting back into the track. Kind of crazy after watching so many runs there that they all do seem to look just like that on the start. Just a little squirching sound and gone. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Haven't seen the score sheet yet. 

I do know you can usually tell on take off from the tree at SGMP how the run is gonna be. The cars that run great always have that same look when they take off. The ass kinda lifts just an inch or something before squatting back into the track. Kind of crazy after watching so many runs there that they all do seem to look just like that on the start. Just a little squirching sound and gone. 

Screenshot_20210224-134353_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Screenshot_20210224-134353_Samsung Internet.jpg

They have been .860s maybe .850 so 3.40s should be broken. If they can ever get a turbo car to 60 foot say a .855 you could have a high 3.30 run.  Turbo cars will not leave with a blower or nitrous car right now. But are at times 10-15 mph faster and make 800-1000 hp more than a nitrous car.  I heard Stevie Fast say at this level a tenth is 400-500 hp for the entire run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like the turbo cars for this spring race here. They seem to run better in this air temp. The nitrous cars just don't put down the same hp to the ground in the cooler Temps. 

The converter technology is still trying to catch the turbo cars up. It is a fine line with that much power. Those twin turbo RVD cars make 4500 hp and they have yet to find a sweet spot on leaving the line. 

100 rpm and .1 lbs of boost can be the difference in  a perfect run and smoking the tires .  

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wats the chances of a crash,???? I might watch

High chances in the lower classes. Its not like there is a huge amount of crashes every year but there is enough to keep you watching if thats what you're about. Problem is it takes so long to clear the track that it makes for long days if there is a lot of it going on. 

Looks like the track is good after a lot of rain last week, so the first video I posted might be the type of crash we see more than any others unless something gets on the track. Pine pollen is a big issue down here right now also. Could be an x factor. 

45 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Does it count if they fly across the finish line? 

No because they don't trip the beams.  You got to understand these are the fastest radial cars in the country. The guys on street outlaws can't even qualify for this race. Chief took 4 times before he even qualified finally. Fireball made the field one year and Stevie Jackson busted his ass.

In RVW its takes 2 million just to start. A starting point on just the car is $800 000.  Nice car hauler is starting at million. Normal expense for a 1 week race is 7000 minimum. 

Most RVW races teams have owners worth 100 million. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

No because they don't trip the beams.  You got to understand these are the fastest radial cars in the country. The guys on street outlaws can't even qualify for this race. Chief took 4 times before he even qualified finally. Fireball made the field one year and Stevie Jackson busted his ass.

In RVW its takes 2 million just to start. A starting point on just the car is $800 000.  Nice car hauler is starting at million. Normal expense for a 1 week race is 7000 minimum. 

Most RVW races teams have owners worth 100 million. 

I didn't think about needing to trip the beam. xD

It wouldn't be a foul if they didn't cross the center line, but, yeah, they obviously can't cross the laser in the air more than an inch or two. 

I was watching some Minnesota Yankees video that came down for this race. Their first ever time running radials. The video starts a little cheesy but I think it kind of shows the difficulty people have with set up for radial racing. Kind of interesting maybe. 

A couple of years back I hung out with Reaper from street outlaws as they changed rear ends for the radials and they did make the field but were eliminated early. I went back around and watched as they went back to their big tire rear end before they left. The tuner was not enjoying none of it one little bit. Great looking car, but, those guys aren't for real like we see at this race. One of the stars is supposed to be here again this weekend. We'll see if he fares any better. 

Here is a day one testing highlights video. 

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was watching some Minnesota Yankees video that came down for this race. Their first ever time running radials. The video starts a little cheesy but I think it kind of shows the difficulty people have with set up for radial racing. Kind of interesting maybe. 

A couple of years back I hung out with Reaper from street outlaws as they changed rear ends for the radials and they did make the field but were eliminated early. I went back around and watched as they went back to their big tire rear end before they left. The tuner was not enjoying none of it one little bit. Great looking car, but, those guys aren't for real like we see at this race. One of the stars is supposed to be here again this weekend. We'll see if he fares any better. 

Here is a day one testing highlights video. 

What class was reaper? I think races outlaw 275.

• Like 1