Lights Out 12

HawgGoneIt

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Track has a ton of grip. It just doesn't release the rear so the drivers have to let off. They're drag car drivers and "let off" isn't in the vocabulary. xD

Tim Slave's set the record last year with this same car I think. 

Amazing save today tbh. Here's another angle that shows how far he flew...

Popped the chute,  not like  there were any options other than “oh shit, this may hurt”....

bgw

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was watching some Minnesota Yankees video that came down for this race. Their first ever time running radials. The video starts a little cheesy but I think it kind of shows the difficulty people have with set up for radial racing. Kind of interesting maybe. 

A couple of years back I hung out with Reaper from street outlaws as they changed rear ends for the radials and they did make the field but were eliminated early. I went back around and watched as they went back to their big tire rear end before they left. The tuner was not enjoying none of it one little bit. Great looking car, but, those guys aren't for real like we see at this race. One of the stars is supposed to be here again this weekend. We'll see if he fares any better. 

Here is a day one testing highlights video. 

The Minnesota yanks finally figured some stuff out.

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm missing some good action.... 

Just saw a limited drag radial car run basically a 4 flat at 4.027. The track is right. Weather just a little warm but it's cooling the later it gets. Decent crowd. Nothing like last year or the year before for sure. People leary of the crowds and I don't blame them.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Just saw a limited drag radial car run basically a 4 flat at 4.027. The track is right. Weather just a little warm but it's cooling the later it gets. Decent crowd. Nothing like last year or the year before for sure. People leary of the crowds and I don't blame them.

Bad enough I'm on my way to Atlanta... 

Man I wouldn't mind being out on a night like tonight... just have to mask up for awhile.... 

When is the next event?

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The car count is way down. Only mid 30'S IN RVW compared to 70 just a few years ago.  X275 is the same way. RVW has turned into somebody worth multi millions. Not everyone can make 4500hp and make it work on a 315/60/15 radial. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The car count is way down. Only mid 30'S IN RVW compared to 70 just a few years ago.  X275 is the same way. RVW has turned into somebody worth multi millions. Not everyone can make 4500hp and make it work on a 315/60/15 radial. 

True. Money spoils stuff. The smaller guys get priced out. I really think the pandemic plays a role in the stuff this year. Everything to crowd size, number of vendors and entrants into the races. 

Still a great event over here put on by Duck X. Just two years ago over 60k people passed through over the 4 day event. Majority of those on Friday night and Saturday. I'd venture a guess they won't reach half that this time. 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Bad enough I'm on my way to Atlanta... 

Man I wouldn't mind being out on a night like tonight... just have to mask up for awhile.... 

When is the next event?

Sweet 16 the weekend of April 1st, but it isn't anything like the Lights Out or No Mercy events. Its a limited entry race and they only allow so many fans as well. Best of the best supposedly. I've yet to go to that one. No Mercy won't be until the fall mid October. Usually football is in full swing and I don't hit that one either. Its more like the lights out race just in the fall though. 

There's a No Prep race in April also. It may be a good event. I'm thinking of checking it out. Different stuff when they aren't prepping the track with rubber and compounds. 

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

True. Money spoils stuff. The smaller guys get priced out. I really think the pandemic plays a role in the stuff this year. Everything to crowd size, number of vendors and entrants into the races. 

Still a great event over here put on by Duck X. Just two years ago over 60k people passed through over the 4 day event. Majority of those on Friday night and Saturday. I'd venture a guess they won't reach half that this time. 

Of those 60,000 most were getting a weekend pass at $70.00 a head. Remember unless he has changed it is all cash no cards at the gate.  It was said 1 Saturday night they took a $700,000 cash to a local bank had the bank president meet them late with the local sheriff dept. He makes a killing. 

• Like 1

The biggest cheer of the day happened when a car came out with this flag on it for burnouts. 

20210227_173540.thumb.jpg.4daac4d990e4fbae5134dfbedfb05a20.jpg

I'll let yall guess what it says.

The biggest booing of the day happened when Stevie Fast Jackson's car The Shadow rolled up to the line and broke before his burnout. 

Jason Lee is probably the clear favorite for RVW now.