Top 10 toughest schedules

Mjd33

On 7/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, Mjd33 said:

East definitely doesn't deserved to be characterized as elite for beating a below standard DLS team with a last second fg.

I wouldn't even refer to them as one of the better west coast teams yet. You can say that about Bingham, who has built up a lot of equity in the bank over the last several years,  testing themselves against some of the best in the country. 

East is still TBD where their imprint will be nationally. 

I don't think anyone associated with our program is declaring that we have arrived by any means.  Which is one of the reasons we have chosen to be so aggressive in our scheduling these past couple of years. We recognize the process.  I find it a bit ironic that a MaxPreps article that recognizes a team's strength of schedule has been interpreted by a few clowns on this website as a declaration of a team's status on a national level.  What should be debated here is why so many so called "elite" programs have not been as aggressive in their scheduling as we have (including Bingham).

Some of you want to downplay what our boys did last year in beating a "below standard" DLS team and yet, that same De La Salle team made it to another California Open Bowl Championship game.  We did something that has only been done two other times at Owens Owens field since the late 80's, according to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) which is to win on their home field (Don Bosco Prep / Mission Viejo / Lakeland won at Diablo Valley College).  Say what you want about the perceived weakness of NorCal football, but no one has beaten them at home (with exception of the one's mentioned in the past 25+ seasons).  The Servite game WAS close.  But they didn't win. So it's irrelevant.  We can reference many examples of "Elite" teams playing in close games which they should have dominated.

Bingham has built up equity for what they have done over the years.  They deserve all the accolades which have come their way.  They weren't "down" last year as some implied. They were a seasoned team, which is why they went undefeated (until the bowl series) and won another state championship.  If we were to have played them last year, I am confident that we would have blown them out, which is why they didn't want to play us in a proposed charitable exhibition game following the state championship games.  We had to beg them to play us this year.  Fortunately, both programs inability to find teams locally to play, forced them to come back to us, only with the agreement that we would go to them first. That's ok, because we haven't been ducking them.

Regardless, we will find out quickly where we stand nationally, as we play Utah's top two programs the first two weeks of the season, then go on the road to Arizona to play a Saguaro program that has won 9 of the past 11 state championships.  But then again, one local resident says that they are overrated, so we shouldn't expect to much of them right?  If we win those first 3 games, will we be considered one of the best west coast programs? hahaha.  Probably not.......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lancer3622 said:

I don't think anyone associated with our program is declaring that we have arrived by any means.  Which is one of the reasons we have chosen to be so aggressive in our scheduling these past couple of years. We recognize the process.  I find it a bit ironic that a MaxPreps article that recognizes a team's strength of schedule has been interpreted by a few clowns on this website as a declaration of a team's status on a national level.  What should be debated here is why so many so called "elite" programs have not been as aggressive in their scheduling as we have (including Bingham).

Some of you want to downplay what our boys did last year in beating a "below standard" DLS team and yet, that same De La Salle team made it to another California Open Bowl Championship game.  We did something that has only been done two other times at Owens Owens field since the late 80's, according to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) which is to win on their home field (Don Bosco Prep / Mission Viejo / Lakeland won at Diablo Valley College).  Say what you want about the perceived weakness of NorCal football, but no one has beaten them at home (with exception of the one's mentioned in the past 25+ seasons).  The Servite game WAS close.  But they didn't win. So it's irrelevant.  We can reference many examples of "Elite" teams playing in close games which they should have dominated.

Bingham has built up equity for what they have done over the years.  They deserve all the accolades which have come their way.  They weren't "down" last year as some implied. They were a seasoned team, which is why they went undefeated (until the bowl series) and won another state championship.  If we were to have played them last year, I am confident that we would have blown them out, which is why they didn't want to play us in a proposed charitable exhibition game following the state championship games.  We had to beg them to play us this year.  Fortunately, both programs inability to find teams locally to play, forced them to come back to us, only with the agreement that we would go to them first. That's ok, because we haven't been ducking them.

Regardless, we will find out quickly where we stand nationally, as we play Utah's top two programs the first two weeks of the season, then go on the road to Arizona to play a Saguaro program that has won 9 of the past 11 state championships.  But then again, one local resident says that they are overrated, so we shouldn't expect to much of them right?  If we win those first 3 games, will we be considered one of the best west coast programs? hahaha.  Probably not.......

Fair enough ... where did your RB jaylen  warren (think that's his name)  #2 end up committing to for college ? 

21 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Fair enough ... where did your RB jaylen  warren (think that's his name)  #2 end up committing to for college ? 

He is going to play at a Snow Community College located in Ephraim, UT.  His academic struggles limited his opportunities to pursue a few Division 1 opportunities.  There was a perception that he was a byproduct of our offensive scheme (triple option) in addition to the strength of our offensive line.

Caj would say East is "elite" because they beat Pulaski Academy AR 37-23 last year. And Pulaski is playing 2 LA teams this year. It helps Pulaski that East be an elite team.

Just incase you guys werent sure why Caj was one of the only guys calling East elite... thats why.

I think East is good. A top 100 squad. Better than any other team in NorCal besides DLS by 17+ points. 

Lets see what they do vs Bingham & Saguaro AZ. Timpview & Herriman should provide some challenge also. And then the game vs IMG... which Im sure everyone expects IMG to win, but how will East hold up is the question. Im guessing 31-14 IMG.

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Caj would say East is "elite" because

very few teams on the West Coast have East's size or talent....East had 523 yds of total offense vs DLS and 413 of that on the ground. Very few West Coast teams can do that, in fact, name 3?

and, Pulaski Academy plays one La team....Parkway

Which has nothing in the world to do with the West Coast.

Don't interject shit that is NOT there, dig?

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

very few teams on the West Coast have East's size or talent....East had 523 yds of total offense vs DLS and 413 of that on the ground. Very few West Coast teams can do that, in fact name 3?

and, Pulaski Academy plays one La team....Parkway

Which has nothing in the world to do with the West Coast.

Don't interject shit that is NOT there, dig?

My point is you are defending East because they beat Pulaski, and Pulaski plays Parkway. 

Youve done it before. Its a subconscious reaction.

In fact Ive had to stick up for Hoover quite a few times. For some reason people got the impression they werent a good team simply bc they lost to Miami Central (24-21, a FG in the last secs), and Colquitt Co. In '14 when Colquitt was really good. And now bc Hoover lost to Allen TX and Grayson GA last year, its made it worse.

I stick up for them because it seems like Georgia plays them every year now. 

15 hours ago, lancer3622 said:

He is going to play at a Snow Community College located in Ephraim, UT.  His academic struggles limited his opportunities to pursue a few Division 1 opportunities.  There was a perception that he was a byproduct of our offensive scheme (triple option) in addition to the strength of our offensive line.

Despite a really good offensive line, I thought he was a stud. A big back with good speed .... he's better than a 2* player Imo. I hope he gets his grades right and transfers somewhere his talents can be utilized. No reason in state Utah or byu doesn't look at him if he puts it together .... 

what were the few D1 opportunities you eluded to if he might of had if had better grades? 

17 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Despite a really good offensive line, I thought he was a stud. A big back with good speed .... he's better than a 2* player Imo. I hope he gets his grades right and transfers somewhere his talents can be utilized. No reason in state Utah or byu doesn't look at him if he puts it together .... 

what were the few D1 opportunities you eluded to if he might of had if had better grades? 

We love Jaylen!  Great kid and teammate.  A 3 year starter for us. Feel confident that he can play at a Division I level.  Hopefully, he can get his bearings straight and use his experience at Snow Community College to extend his playing experience. His strongest interest from a Division I program came from in state school, Utah State.  He shattered the state record for the most rushing yards in a season last year.  We will definitely miss having him with us this year.

http://www.hudl.com/v/23bZdD

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 11:04 PM, ECHS05 said:

Just sayin'. Its cool.

I like East. Solid team.

What's not to like of late?   I think some coaches who voted preseason are loyal to Bingham in the highest class as I am surprised to see Bingham with that high a spread difference vs. East.  This is one of the best matchups I can think of in terms of state supremacy and the end of season game, no game from last year... this will be a physical and maybe even chippy game.  Those kids will be pumped.   I only hope Chandler and Saguaro can sign a deal for next year...  GSB?! :)  

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865684496/Preseason-high-school-football-rankings-State-champs-the-favorites-again-in-2017.html

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

What's not to like of late?   I think some coaches who voted preseason are loyal to Bingham in the highest class as I am surprised to see Bingham with that high a spread difference vs. East.  This is one of the best matchups I can think of in terms of state supremacy and the end of season game, no game from last year... this will be a physical and maybe even chippy game.  Those kids will be pumped.   I only hope Chandler and Saguaro can sign a deal for next year...  GSB?! :)  

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865684496/Preseason-high-school-football-rankings-State-champs-the-favorites-again-in-2017.html

I get it (in reference to the Poll).  Bingham has tenure.  The have consistently performed at a high level for some time now.  They deserve the consideration they are given. We are not exactly the favorite kid on the block.  When the state went through a realignment this off-season, there was opposition to our petition to move up to the newly formed 6A Classification.  From an enrollment perspective, we didn't have the numbers to justify our petition to move up to the highest classification.  When they granted us an exception to play football at the 6A level and remain at the 5A level for all other sports, there weren't too many schools, particularly those in the 6A Classification, who were happy.

Our boys are excited to play Bingham.  I know both communities are fired up about the game.  A lot of excitement in the state in anticipation of the match up.  I think the match up would have received more attention on a national level if it wasn't for the other premier interstate match ups which are talking place that same weekend.