Pickens acl tear

Sweetlarry

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Career probably done at Georgia I look for him to go into the 2022 draft.

No way he goes back. He’ll have an agent by Friday and start prepping. 

Can’t blame him. Impressed that kirby was able to keep him eligible this long, frankly. Time to get paid. 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:16 AM, Rufus69 said:

Tough break for Pickens.  He was gradually getting his shit together.  If he's smart...he'll use UGA and Ron Courson to rehab before contacting an agent.

If he's smart....

Rufus>>

I understand people love their schools and their guys, but those nfl fellas do some pretty good work in getting these boys ready for play again, in their own right. 

As far as your other comment, that particular kid and good decisions haven’t walked hand in hand too often. I sincerely do hope he matures and turns into a good human being aside from the football stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I understand people love their schools and their guys, but those nfl fellas do some pretty good work in getting these boys ready for play again, in their own right. 

As far as your other comment, that particular kid and good decisions haven’t walked hand in hand too often. I sincerely do hope he matures and turns into a good human being aside from the football stuff. 

Being a good human being is overrated.  There are people who have made millions being assholes.  And I'll tell you...Pickens won't get better rehab anywhere using anybody not named Ron Courson.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Being a good human being is overrated.  There are people who have made millions being assholes.  And I'll tell you...Pickens won't get better rehab anywhere using anybody not named Ron Courson.

Rufus>>

Pablo Escobar made billions being one. I get it. 

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Pablo was actually a pretty decent dude...except for all the brutal murders.

He might be the exception to the rule....

Rufus>>

He spent tens of millions in the poor and downtrodden. So did Guzman. So did a lot of Mafiosos. 

Something here about the means outweighing the end? Or the end outweighing the means? Or me gaining weight? Something.......

53 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

He spent tens of millions in the poor and downtrodden. So did Guzman. So did a lot of Mafiosos. 

Something here about the means outweighing the end? Or the end outweighing the means? Or me gaining weight? Something.......

I don't like this New Age physics.

Back in the day...it was pretty much 50/50.  I could gain a pound in a week and I could lose a pound in a week.  But these days...in the New Age...I can gain 5 pounds in a week and I can lose a pound in a month.  And that's if I'm lucky.

I asked "Doc" how he stayed so thin...and he replied liquid diet.  I told him I can't seem to do them protein shakes...and he just laughed.  He said tequila weren't no protein.  Unfortunately, Ms. Violet demands I take more of a scientific approach.  Something about less calories in and more calories out.  Some complicated formula.  But I've come to realize the secret is...I can't eat anything that tastes good.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't like this New Age physics.

Back in the day...it was pretty much 50/50.  I could gain a pound in a week and I could lose a pound in a week.  But these days...in the New Age...I can gain 5 pounds in a week and I can lose a pound in a month.  And that's if I'm lucky.

I asked "Doc" how he stayed so thin...and he replied liquid diet.  I told him I can't seem to do them protein shakes...and he just laughed.  He said tequila weren't no protein.  Unfortunately, Ms. Violet demands I take more of a scientific approach.  Something about less calories in and more calories out.  Some complicated formula.  But I've come to realize the secret is...I can't eat anything that tastes good.

Rufus>>

The metabolism slows down a lot! Until I was about 25 or so I could eat whatever, whenever and no worries. if I ate like that now I’d weigh fo billz! Easy.

Getting older isn’t always fun, but it beats the alternative!