Question for the GA posters

Columbiafan

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Any good baseball teams in Cobb county or savannah area?

Cobb County: 

Walton 

Hillgrove

Allatoona 

And

Kennessaw Mountain 

These teams are usually Nationally ranked... idk about right now... but USUALLY Walton and Kennessaw Mountain start highly ranked... 

And For Savannah: 

Benedictine,Savannah Christian Academy and Tybee Island HS are about the best you're gonna get... 

Benedictine (4A)and Savannah Christian Academy (1A) are smaller schools but they always have Talent. Tybee Island is a newer school but they're usually Solid in Baseball... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 67packer said:

Cobb County is the epicenter of HS Baseball.

67 and I have a long history of, ummm, disagreeing. In this case he’s spot on. Kids move here from across the country to play baseball. East Cobb Baseball is where you send you kid to see if he’s got the chops to make it. This is big time little Billy is a badass baseball.

I had a cousin send his Son to me for the Summer a while back to see what’s what. He went home and said, “Daddy, if I’m going to get a scholarship I need to concentrate on baseball year round. Those kids are playing 150+ games a year.” 
He didn’t come back the next year. Hit the weights and went from a 3* TE to a 4* DE and played at BYU for four seasons. While it’s hard to argue with a kids decision, I’d have liked to seen what he might’ve been in baseball. Kid could hit a baseball 450+ as a Sophomore in HS. 

East Cobb is to baseball what Salt Lake City is to Mormons, Mecca is to Muslims (I see you Honorable Shabazz), and Jerusalem is to believers. It is THE epicenter of the 18 and under baseball universe.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Wait. Is there a chick fil a in Perry? 😂 

No... 

Warner Robins is about 12 miles up  the highway though... 

They got Chic-Fil-A... 

Also Warner Robins is a Baseball city as well. 

Houston HS is Really Good. 

And the Georgia Little League team is centered out of Warner Robins... 

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No... 

Warner Robins is about 12 miles up  the highway though... 

They got Chic-Fil-A... 

Also Warner Robins is a Baseball city as well. 

Houston HS is Really Good. 

And the Georgia Little League team is centered out of Warner Robins... 

I remember the LLWS WR teams. I used to love it. Now I am saddened because there are 20+ “all star” teams in Cobb that would mercy rule most of the LLWS teams. 

It’s just tough for those kids to compete with 11 & 12 olds with college level coaching and facilities that they use year round.