UsAFootball 7on7 Tourney

ECHS05

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Gotta wonder why Grayson didnt participate.

I have a feeling they hired the wrong HC. They went from a very good coach in Mickey Conn, to a Georgia Legend in Jeff Herron, to a BIG unknown in Christian Hunnicutt.

I believe we are at another event.  I didn't pay attention to the name listed in the email, sorry.

Grayson played in the Cam Newton 7on...

They went 2-4 in Pool Play, and 2-2 in Bracket play... so 4-6 overall..

In the tourney they lost to Nation Ford SC, and Center Point AL... far from any sort of great teams. Is this something to be concerned about? To be fair, Nation Ford was the Runner-Up but Center Point? Geez.

How is DJ Irons coming along at QB? Is he definitely the starter, or is Jkori Jones still in the competition?

30 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

In the tourney they lost to Nation Ford SC, and Center Point AL... far from any sort of great teams. Is this something to be concerned about? To be fair, Nation Ford was the Runner-Up but Center Point? Geez.

How is DJ Irons coming along at QB? Is he definitely the starter, or is Jkori Jones still in the competition?

I'm not real concerned based on 7v7.  We didn't do so hot in them last year but we did okay once the season started.  I'm glad we are participating because I think it hones the skills and gets the QB and receivers on the same page.  For what it is worth, Dutch Fork went out kind of early at Hoover.  These things are unpredictable by nature and some of the game changers are not even playing or are so restricted they might as well not be.  I mean it looks great to be 7v7 champs but at the end of the day, what does it really mean.

• Like 1

USF has their yearly Sling and Shoot 7 on 7 championship today over in Tampa. 46 teams started pool play on Saturday. Daytona Beach Mainland was the 2016 winner and returned to defend title instead of going to Hoover, Alabama National 7 on 7. Not going over, ran my mouth a little to much in Orlando a few weeks back. Will post winner at Sunday conclusion.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

USF has their yearly Sling and Shoot 7 on 7 championship today over in Tampa. 46 teams started pool play on Saturday. Daytona Beach Mainland was the 2016 winner and returned to defend title instead of going to Hoover, Alabama National 7 on 7. Not going over, ran my mouth a little to much in Orlando a few weeks back. Will post winner at Sunday conclusion.

You pulled a "Rab" in Orlando? Got ejected? Or is it a self-suspension for your own protection?

Either way, that's pretty awesome. 

xD

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You pulled a "Rab" in Orlando? Got ejected? Or is it a self-suspension for your own protection?

Either way, that's pretty awesome. 

xD

Self suspension, said some derogatory comments on another message board. Homer coaches read that board. Keeping low profile till Kick off classic. 

Heard Tampa Plant beat Boyd Anderson ( Lauderdale Lakes )  20-7 for USF Sling and Shoot 7 on 7 Championship. Also 59 teams, not 46, participated. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Self suspension, said some derogatory comments on another message board. Homer coaches read that board. Keeping low profile till Kick off classic. 

Heard Tampa Plant beat Boyd Anderson ( Lauderdale Lakes )  20-7 for USF Sling and Shoot 7 on 7 Championship. Also 59 teams, not 46, participated. 

Looks like Mainland got put out by Jones in the quarterfinals. The semis is Jones vs Boyd Anderson and Plant 1 vs N Ft Myers

6 hours ago, Keemd91 said:

Looks like Mainland got put out by Jones in the quarterfinals. The semis is Jones vs Boyd Anderson and Plant 1 vs N Ft Myers

Apparently there was some controversy in the Jones Mainland game.   Either way BA beat Jones, and Plant put it on BA.   

I'd love to see Plant, Carol City, BTW, Miramar, Stranahan, Norland, Mainland, etc all in the same tourney.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Apparently there was some controversy in the Jones Mainland game.   Either way BA beat Jones, and Plant put it on BA.   

I'd love to see Plant, Carol City, BTW, Miramar, Stranahan, Norland, Mainland, etc all in the same tourney.   

954Gator, me too. Mainland lost to BTW in one game and was leading in the other before it was suspended for fighting and beat Miramar at UCF this year. This year's playoffs scare the hell out of me. With 1-8 Regional seeding my Bucs could get Dade X's 4. No way they run that gauntlet. A Dade state champion has knocked Mainland out 5 times since 2011. Who the hell can beat 2 or more 6A-16's except one of their own ? IMG gets a chance this season. Will be interesting to see what they do. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 10:57 PM, ECHS05 said:

To the best of my knowledge (and I haven't specifically asked) Irons is still the man.