UsAFootball 7on7 Tourney

ECHS05

Colquitt scored...

26 (vs Minor AL)

28 (vs Oakland TN)

30 (vs Childersburg AL)

They only scored more than 20 points in 3 of 9 games. And 13 or less in 4 of 9. 

The defense is what really won them so many games.

And from the very few clips Ive seen, the QB isnt the problem. Maybe its the WRs.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt scored...

26 (vs Minor AL)

28 (vs Oakland TN)

30 (vs Childersburg AL)

They only scored more than 20 points in 3 of 9 games. And 13 or less in 4 of 9. 

The defense is what really won them so many games.

And from the very few clips Ive seen, the QB isnt the problem. Maybe its the WRs.

Well...not that it would have made any difference in any of the games.....Cam Singletary (No.1 receiver) is at a basketball camp...and JJ Peterson (part-time receiver) is nursing a groin injury.  But hey...you play with them you got.

No excuses....

Rufus>>

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I try not to make too much of these 7 on 7 tourneys, but with the performances of Valdosta, Walton, Hoover, Colquitt, and McGill, is this a indication of how they'll perform on the field this season?

Not really at all. Although being good at 7on doesnt hurt. It helps with timing. But 7ons dont really mean much for how good a team will be with pads on.

This doesnt take into account the running game at all. Nor lineman, which are obviously a HUGE part of the game. Nor a QBs ability to escape pressure. It really doesnt mean shit. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Could MTC be the second best Catholic program in the South behind STA??

Doubt it.  They'd have a hard time playing teams like Chaminade and Cardinal Gibbons from Broward County alone, I'm sure there are other good ones around the state and SE that are tough.  

5 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Landry-Walker upset by a team they beat yesterday 27-2.

LW falls 26-16 in semis.

No hardware for the Bayou.

5A Mesquite Poteet won the TX Event. Landry-Walker beat these guys 27-2 yesterday, but failed today...........................7/7 is so cruel....

Mesquite Poteet lost in the 5A Semifianls last year to State Champ Aledo in real football...they were (11-4) last year...

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No...Brunswick actually did OK...

Yeah I know, they did good in Orlando as well, just saying since people were giving Mainland hell for not going.   They would have done very well IMO.  They did however lose in a recent UCF final to Plant 14-0.   They had like a 30+ 7v7 win streak going.  

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-tampa-plant-ucf-7-on-7-story.html

Then again they wouldn't have that streak playing in the big Sofla tournaments ;)

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Very hard to not slip up a game or two in 7v7.  I

True that...overall the Bayou represented well in both events. (Dallas and Hoover)

Landry-Walker needed work at the QB position......they are stacked every place else.

They could very well repeat in 5A this year if they get that QB play....Preseason #1, either way.

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

True that...overall the Bayou represented well in both events. (Dallas and Hoover)

Landry-Walker needed work at the QB position......they are stacked every place else.

They could very repeat in 5A this year if they get that QB play....Preseason #1, either way.

I think it's cool the top LA teams send their teams out to the big tournaments like they do.  Seems like the FL tournaments are rarely filled with top teams save a few.   7v7 is basically what Fl's talent is best suited for IMO.   Fl is king when it comes to DBs/WRs or at least on par with any IMO. Lacking a bit in QBs though.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I think it's cool the top LA teams send their teams out to the big tournaments like they do.  Seems like the FL tournaments are rarely filled with top teams save a few.   7v7 is basically what Fl's talent is best suited for IMO.   Fl is king when it comes to DBs/WRs or at least on par with any IMO. Lacking a bit in QBs though.    

I wish St Aug and Warren Easton would have went to Hoover like they were scheduled to.....they both won tournaments this year and can run with anyone.

Warren Easton won Hoover 2 years ago.

FL can do better than Ft Walton Beach at Hoover....everyone knows that.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I wish St Aug and Warren Easton would have went to Hoover like they were scheduled to.....they both won tournaments this year and can run with anyone.

Warren Easton won Hoover 2 years ago.

FL can do better than Ft Walton Beach at Hoover....everyone knows that.

Honestly the only reason ft Walton and Niceville goes is because it's not a far drive for either team.

• Like 2