Is Cartersville the Boise State of Georgia HSFB?

FootballGuy

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Closely linked teams? to who?

Teams that are linked directly to the teams deemed the best in the state. If you can't or don't play Grayson for instance, you need to play a team that plays Grayson so there can be some immediate comparisons drawn in both stats and eye test. 

Example. Let's say Grayson plays the Jax team that Cartersville is playing too. Grayson holds them to 0 points scored and puts 50 on them. Then the film shows the Grayson lines destroying that team on both sides of the ball, and the Grayson skill players torching them nearly every play.

Then Cartersville plays the Jax team but can't hold them scoreless(which would make them not fit in the conversation), or they do hold them, and the score is similar and the film shows something similar. Now we've got an argument that Cartersville could possibly be just as good as Grayson. Therefore they have an argument to be the best even though they didn't exactly play the best. 

Of course, like Rufus said, they could just play Lowndes and win. 

Either/or. :D

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Teams that are linked directly to the teams deemed the best in the state. If you can't or don't play Grayson for instance, you need to play a team that plays Grayson so there can be some immediate comparisons drawn in both stats and eye test. 

Example. Let's say Grayson plays the Jax team that Cartersville is playing too. Grayson holds them to 0 points scored and puts 50 on them. Then the film shows the Grayson lines destroying that team on both sides of the ball, and the Grayson skill players torching them nearly every play.

Then Cartersville plays the Jax team but can't hold them scoreless(which would make them not fit in the conversation), or they do hold them, and the score is similar and the film shows something similar. Now we've got an argument that Cartersville could possibly be just as good as Grayson. Therefore they have an argument to be the best even though they didn't exactly play the best. 

Of course, like Rufus said, they could just play Lowndes and win. 

Either/or. :D

Okay. Did the Westlake victory not do Cartersville any good then? 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was a good win in spite of all my picking about it. Considering they lost to Roswell, the Westlake victory didn't help them last season for a best in the state argument. 

Gotcha. Off topic, but I have 3 questions:

1. Who woulda won between Grayson and Cartersville last season? Do you think it woulda been just like the Grayson/Mill Creek game?

2. Did Rush doubt his team's chances against Grayson last season going into the game? 

3. Assuming that you were at that game, anything in particular stood out from Grayson? 

58 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Who woulda won between Grayson and Cartersville last season? Do you think it woulda been just like the Grayson/Mill Creek game?

2. Did Rush doubt his team's chances against Grayson last season going into the game? 

3. Assuming that you were at that game, anything in particular stood out from Grayson? 

Grayson... Probably easily. 

Can't speak for Rush, but pretty sure he knew the chances were long at beating Grayson. 

Jamyest Williams would put his hands behind his back and sneak almost all the way into the Colquitt huddle at times that Colquitt did huddle, until finally the refs started stopping him. Thought that was interesting and it did stand out. 

Other than that, the lines were stellar for Grayson as was the RB. Couldn't really find much to dislike about Grayson other than attitude really. Seems like we get that a bit down here from those yankee teams actually. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Grayson... Probably easily. 9

Can't speak for Rush, but pretty sure he knew the chances were long at beating Grayson. 

Jamyest Williams would put his hands behind his back and sneak almost all the way into the Colquitt huddle at times that Colquitt did huddle, until finally the refs started stopping him. Thought that was interesting and it did stand out. 

Other than that, the lines were stellar for Grayson as was the RB. Couldn't really find much to dislike about Grayson other than attitude really. Seems like we get that a bit down here from those yankee teams actually. 

Interesting. I never woulda thought that a team would travel all the way to the hawg pen and dog the packers out like that (other than South Panola). Hell, American Heritage couldn't even do it (a game that colquitt definitely shoulda won). 

It looks like Grayson's speed on D caused Colquitt's offense a lot of problems.

I hope we get to see Colquitt vs Grayson in the 7A state championship this year tho. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Grayson... Probably easily. 

Cartersville doesn't have the lines to play with top teams. Regardless of what anyone says.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Interesting. I never woulda thought that a team would travel all the way to the hawg pen and dog the packers out like that (other than South Panola). Hell, American Heritage couldn't even do it (a game that colquitt definitely shoulda won). 

It looks like Grayson's speed on D caused Colquitt's offense a lot of problems.

I hope we get to see Colquitt vs Grayson in the 7A state championship this year tho. 

I would almost prefer the final two in Georgia 7A this year to be...

Archer

Colquitt

Weird right? 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Why archer? lol

I see that they have a few D1 athletes this year

Idk why I prefer them over the obvious choices this season. 

I'd pick Lowndes for it to be an all region 1 championship but them fellers grow a foot and a half taller for state championships and I don't want to see the Colquitt boys tinkling the rest of their lives rather than standing to pee. xD

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Mill Creek would've beat Cartersville. Would've been fun to see though. Grayson and Roswell would've punished them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Most likely. I feel like we missed out on a treat last year... a game between roswell and mill creek woulda been epic. Who you got in that one?

I think you almost have to go with Roswell, but hell, idk. I think Roswell was elite and Mill Creek probably just on the cusp. 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think you almost have to go with Roswell, but hell, idk. I think Roswell was elite and Mill Creek probably just on the cusp. 

I agree. A lot of these guys think Roswell wasn't legit, but you don't manhandle the best team in the state and a top 10 team in America for majority of the championship game like that and be a team that's unworthy of its rank

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Archer caught lightning in a bottle. It was 13' 14' and 15'. Good years but nothing before and looks like nothing after.

But I am known for my "Any Given Friday" thinking. 

I don't doubt they can do it again any more than I doubt Colquitt can. 

They did greatly benefit from the expansion rules up there and were the "flavor of the day" for transfers up there. Since then, we've learned that expansion rules or not, the teams up there will stack and build however they want so who the hell knows from year to year now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Grayson easily and not just because I'm a homer.  Everyone wanted to focus on the transfers but I'm telling you there was way more talent on that team than just the transfers.  Guys were rotating in and out all during the games.  Just because you weren't a starter in on the first play of offense or defense didn't mean you weren't up there with the rest.  With that much talent the coaches had lots of options on what package they wanted in the game for any given play.  I was surprised to see some of the guys standing on the sideline when I thought they should have been in the game.  It meant we stayed relatively rested and able to keep a high level of intensity going well into the game.  It took some sorting out before we got there and it showed in the first couple of games.  There was a HUGE amount of turmoil with players being moved around with the new coach.  Echo or ATLien one talks about the turnovers in the IMG game.  Our 3* center who is now at Duke (he was an academic leader as well) got moved to guard and we had a new center.  That helps to account for the mishandled balls.  Chase and Will had been playing together for years and suddenly Chase had a new center.

I think deep in Rush's heart he had to be concerned at least some.  I doubt he thought it would be as bad as it was.  There was certainly no love between Rush and Jeff. 

What stood out to me was we didn't throw as much as we had all year.  I don't think that it was because the Colquitt secondary had us covered.  We didn't run that many designed pass plays.  It was like Jeff wanted to beat Rush on the ground and he did.  I know I was expecting a much closer game and was surprised we got out in front by as much as we did as early as we did.  When we did that I pretty much thought we had it won.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fred said:

Grayson easily and not just because I'm a homer.  Everyone wanted to focus on the transfers but I'm telling you there was way more talent on that team than just the transfers.  Guys were rotating in and out all during the games.  Just because you weren't a starter in on the first play of offense or defense didn't mean you weren't up there with the rest.  With that much talent the coaches had lots of options on what package they wanted in the game for any given play.  I was surprised to see some of the guys standing on the sideline when I thought they should have been in the game.  It meant we stayed relatively rested and able to keep a high level of intensity going well into the game.  It took some sorting out before we got there and it showed in the first couple of games.  There was a HUGE amount of turmoil with players being moved around with the new coach.  Echo or ATLien one talks about the turnovers in the IMG game.  Our 3* center who is now at Duke (he was an academic leader as well) got moved to guard and we had a new center.  That helps to account for the mishandled balls.  Chase and Will had been playing together for years and suddenly Chase had a new center.

I think deep in Rush's heart he had to be concerned at least some.  I doubt he thought it would be as bad as it was.  There was certainly no love between Rush and Jeff. 

What stood out to me was we didn't throw as much as we had all year.  I don't think that it was because the Colquitt secondary had us covered.  We didn't run that many designed pass plays.  It was like Jeff wanted to beat Rush on the ground and he did.  I know I was expecting a much closer game and was surprised we got out in front by as much as we did as early as we did.  When we did that I pretty much thought we had it won.

Great, great response. As far as the Jeff vs Rush thing, I never knew until now that they had bad blood. Was the beef from a competitive standpoint or did something happen in the past between the two?