Is Cartersville the Boise State of Georgia HSFB?

FootballGuy

As you all know, Cartersville is a 4A school, on a 30 game win streak, was a top 25 team (USAToday), etc. Here's why I compare them to Boise State: Boise State was a super talented team in a mediocre conference, always won their conference championship, ranked high in the BCS standings, and managed to win all of their high profile games (Oregon, UGA, TCU, Oregon State, Virginia Tech). So far, Cartersville has done the same thing, knocking off North Cobb, Buford, Allatoona, Thomson, and Westlake. 

With that being said, do y'all agree with this comparison?

2 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Nah

but I'm intrigued by the QB & RB who will carry this team

cant wait to see them play

4* CB Trey Craemer was a joy to watch last year also... but hes off to Iowa now. He was a very good ball hawk in the secondary, their best WR, played some RB, KR, PR...

Im interested to see the new RB also, he started at Starrs Mill, transferred to Creekside last year, now hes at Cartersville.

3* ATH EJ Turner will pick up a lot of the duties left vacant by the departure of Trey Craemer ... WR, some RB, some KR/PR...

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

4* CB Trey Craemer was a joy to watch last year also... but hes off to Iowa now. He was a very good ball hawk in the secondary, their best WR, played some RB, KR, PR...

Hey ECHS

you are good alerting us to some good GA football ?

Looking forward to seeing Cartersville

You can add Woodward Academy in that list of teams beaten. WA was as talented as a lot of teams in America. And 11-1 at the time Cartersville beat them. They gave C'ville one of the closest games of this 30 game win streak 26-15.... only Buford(10),  and North Cobb (3), played them closer.

Woodward Academys talent at the time of their 2016 Quarterfinal game...

3* S J.R. Pace - Northwestern

3* WR Josh Johnson - Louisville

3* CB Jeffrey Hubbard - Eastern Michigan

3* QB Ryan Glover - Princeton

3* ILB KJ Phillips - Tulane/Charlotte

2* OLB Terry Myrick - Eastern Michigan

RB Tahj Gary (played a decent amount as a sophomore, already has 8 offers as a '19 kid)

ATH Arik Gilbert - played on varsity as a freshman on the '16 team... kid already has offers from UGA, Alabama, FSU, Michigan, etc a lot of the big dogs... hes going to be a high 4*/5* when the rankings for 2020 kids come out

ATH Dawson Ellington was also on that team as a freshman, but hes transfered out to Marietta with a lot of other kids... Dawson will be a 4*... a '20 kid w/ offers from Alabama, Louisville, Michigan, Ole Miss, UCLA, LSU , etc..

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You can add Woodward Academy in that list of teams beaten. WA was as talented as a lot of teams in America. And 11-1 at the time Cartersville beat them. They gave C'ville one of the closest games of this 30 game win streak 26-15.... only Buford(10),  and North Cobb (3), played them closer.

Woodward Academys talent at the time of their 2016 Quarterfinal game...

3* S J.R. Pace - Northwestern

3* WR Josh Johnson - Louisville

3* CB Jeffrey Hubbard - Eastern Michigan

3* QB Ryan Glover - Princeton

3* ILB KJ Phillips - Tulane/Charlotte

2* OLB Terry Myrick - Eastern Michigan

RB Tahj Gary (played a decent amount as a sophomore, already has 8 offers as a '19 kid)

ATH Arik Gilbert - played on varsity as a freshman on the '16 team... kid already has offers from UGA, Alabama, FSU, Michigan, etc a lot of the big dogs... hes going to be a high 4*/5* when the rankings for 2020 kids come out

ATH Dawson Ellington was also on that team as a freshman, but hes transfered out to Marietta with a lot of other kids... Dawson will be a 4*... a '20 kid w/ offers from Alabama, Louisville, Michigan, Ole Miss, UCLA, LSU , etc..

Them too. I just don't understand this notion of them (cartersville) being fool's gold because they don't play in the top classification, but when they played in their 3 biggest games over the last 2 seasons, they outscored their opponents 99-7 (Buford, Westlake,Thomson).

If they go undefeated again this season, we really gonna have to start mentioning them in the "best team in Georgia" conversation. 

7 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Them too. I just don't understand this notion of them (cartersville) being fool's gold because they don't play in the top classification, but when they played in their 3 biggest games over the last 2 seasons, they outscored their opponents 99-7 (Buford, Westlake,Thomson).

If they go undefeated again this season, we really gonna have to start mentioning them in the "best team in Georgia" conversation. 

Pretty sure that some of you guys are already trying to mention them in the conversation. :P

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Idk... Cartersville simply doesnt have the schedule or playoff path to ever be GAs #1 team. Atleast not this year or the last 2.

I like to give Football guy shit about Cartersville, but the Westlake win last year was a good win. Westlake knocked over some decent teams last year, but they also played some close head-scratchers with both teams having single digit scores if I remember right. 

Cartersville put that thang on 'em like 31-0 or something. Maybe Westlake scored 7, I can't remember now. 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

^ 31-0

Roswell beat Westlake 28-0 in the Semis

McEachern beat Westlake 6-2

Their other loss was 10-9 to Langston Hughes... which was a bit of a head scratcher, although Hughes was talented.

Yeah, that's about how I was remembering them.

I think it does probably give Cartersville some claims to a top 5 in Georgia in spite of my goading Football Guy about it on a regular though. Yeah, very difficult to make the leap to number 1 if you are getting blanked by number 2, and then this year not even playing a team suspected to be top 2 or 3 for us to draw from. Of course they manned up and are playing Westlake again. 

Maybe Westlake saves us all the debate and sadnezzes by coming in angry and getting some getbacks for last year. Payback! 

8 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I like the Cartersville team.

Now....

They are a WAYS from being the best team in Georgia.

When they beat Lowndes.....we'll talk.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

I was trying to give them credit for maybe being better than Lowndes last year actually. Due to a daisy chain where Cartersville beat Westlake like a drum and Westlake beat Lowndes. 

It's still not the same as beating Lowndes though, because we know that if Cartersville  did stand across from Lowndes on a field, they would stop pissing and start tinkling for the rest of their lives. 

• Like 1

Would have been nice to see Cartersville vs a better team in a national matchup. 

Bartram Trail has a swiss cheese defense who gave up 61 points in a playoff game against a team who has an inferior offense to Cartersville. 

This game was scheduled intentionally for the C Ville quarterback to showcase a stat game. That's it. Because how can anyone expect 7A quarterfinalist from lousy ole Florida to do better than the 31-0 ass drilling of 7A semifinalist Westlake from top dog Georgia?? 

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Would have been nice to see Cartersville vs a better team in a national matchup. 

Bartram Trail has a swiss cheese defense who gave up 61 points in a playoff game against a team who has an inferior offense to Cartersville. 

This game was scheduled intentionally for the C Ville quarterback to showcase a stat game. That's it. Because how can anyone expect 7A quarterfinalist from lousy ole Florida to do better than the 31-0 ass drilling of 7A semifinalist Westlake from top dog Georgia?? 

NB...amigo, compadre, pal, mon ami....etc, etc......

GIVE IT UP !!!!!

Rufus>>

I agree Rufus. Every time I hear of Cartersville name I think what could of been with a top national team playing them instead of the 5th best team from Jax. 

But your bold red letters helped me remember that Georgia teams avoid top national teams like the plague so in reality I'm the one living in a fantasy. Lol. This game is par for the course. 

Thanks Rufus!! 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I agree Rufus. Every time I hear of Cartersville name I think what could of been with a top national team playing them instead of the 5th best team from Jax. 

But your bold red letters helped me remember that Georgia teams avoid top national teams like the plague so in reality I'm the one living in a fantasy. Lol. This game is par for the course. 

Thanks Rufus!! 

I remember GA playing some top national teams every year pretty much.

You just have something shoved up your arse I think the problem is.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Those 61 points were in an OT game. And they scored 59.

Thats a 2 point loss to #16 in FL.

And they had a 3 point loss to the 5A State Runner-Ups... a team that lost state by 2 to undefeated Top 3 in FL AHP.

BTrail is #15 Preseason in Flawda. According to the same poll, C'ville is #4 in GA.

In reverse thatd look like... Buford is #15 in GA Preseason, playing #4 in FL preseason AHP. Is that so bad of a matchup... Buford vs AHP?

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Thanks Rufus!! 

You're more than welcome, Hoss.  But to you...it wouldn't matter if Cartersville was playing the Atlanta Falcons.  You'd be on here pointing out how Atlanta blew a 1,000 point lead in the Super Bowl...and Cartersville was simply taking advantage of them.

From what I understand...Cartersville got a call from a group that asked if they wanted to play.  They said sure.  They get a second call saying...you're playing BT.  They said fine.  Joey King didn't BEG to play Bartram.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like to give Football guy shit about Cartersville, but the Westlake win last year was a good win. Westlake knocked over some decent teams last year, but they also played some close head-scratchers with both teams having single digit scores if I remember right. 

Cartersville put that thang on 'em like 31-0 or something. Maybe Westlake scored 7, I can't remember now. 

Believe it or not, I'm neutral towards Cartersville, but I do like to give Georgia teams credit where it's due. Y'all know I tend to favor Valdosta. Other than that, I still see Grayson as the best team in Georgia, but it's hard to ignore what Cartersville has done over the last 2 seasons.....even in a lower classification. And let's be real, you mean to tell me that they wouldn't be in the "best team in Georgia" convo in they go 15-0 again this season?

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Believe it or not, I'm neutral towards Cartersville, but I do like to give Georgia teams credit where it's due. Y'all know I tend to favor Valdosta. Other than that, I still see Grayson as the best team in Georgia, but it's hard to ignore what Cartersville has done over the last 2 seasons.....even in a lower classification. And let's be real, you mean to tell me that they wouldn't be in the "best team in Georgia" convo in they go 15-0 again this season?

Uh, did they beat Lowndes when going that 15-0?

Rufus>>

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I think we can say they've been on an amazing streak. They will probably move up the dynasty rankings and the like, but yeah, until they step up and play against the teams we know are the best, or at least some very closely linked teams, it's pretty difficult to put them into the best of the best conversation. 

I could care less if BT loses. Its a mismatch and no lying or sandbagging would change it. I

its not the only mismatch of the year. All I'm saying  is there will be a lot to be desired in seeing the real Cartersville. 

How come out of all my comments no one has mentioned anything about Westlake? 

Can anyone from Georgia please explain why they think this is a better game than the Cartersville/WL game from last year? 

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I could care less if BT loses. Its a mismatch and no lying or sandbagging would change it. I

its not the only mismatch of the year. All I'm saying  is there will be a lot to be desired in seeing the real Cartersville. 

How come out of all my comments no one has mentioned anything about Westlake? 

Can anyone from Georgia please explain why they think this is a better game than the Cartersville/WL game from last year? 

I watched Westlake a bit yesterday at the Powerade 7 on 7 in charlotte. Finished 4th out of the 45 teams there. Good exposure for those guys. Competed well 

w/ Jaylyn Williams at QB I think they're going to be good again this year as defensively they're usually very sound. 

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we can say they've been on an amazing streak. They will probably move up the dynasty rankings and the like, but yeah, until they step up and play against the teams we know are the best, or at least some very closely linked teams, it's pretty difficult to put them into the best of the best conversation. 

Closely linked teams? to who?