Past Matchups you wouldve liked to see.(2003-2015)

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Exactly,  and Castle was even crappy at that. 

Just can't see a team playing in a box scoring more than 14 points against that MNW team.  Where as i can't see them scoring less than 21 points against anyone. 

It should be like that, but Rainey In HS made NFL players look like shit.   Major wright once cracked him in a UF practice and was so hyped about it, because he said he'd never been able to get a good hit on him in any of the 3 games they played.  

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2015 Cen10 vs. 2015  Colquitt County.  Irersistable force vs. Immovable object

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Sammy...it would have been a GREAT game...in a Dome...on SprinTurf...with lots of cameras and media for Rush....(Smile).

I agree with you...would loved to have seen it.

Rufus>>

How many total points do we think would have been scored on this game?

Image result for numbers gif

Would have been a monster game to watch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

It should be like that, but Rainey In HS made NFL players look like shit.   Major wright once cracked him in a UF practice and was so hyped about it, because he said he'd never been able to get a good hit on him in any of the 3 games they played.  

Rainey was a homerun threat, against a MNW defense he might hit one,  two at most, but Lakeland won't be moving the ball consistently enough to win. 

He hit one against X and Osceola, but those teams didn't possess the offense MNW had. 

Just now, steeler01 said:

Rainey was a homerun threat, against a MNW defense he might hit one,  two at most, but Lakeland won't be moving the ball consistently enough to win. 

True, but Lakeland also had a power back that could chunk yards.  Jamar Taylor.   I mean they had talent in that 2007 class other than Rainey.  

Lakeland.jpg

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

True, but Lakeland also had a power back that could chunk yards.  Jamar Taylor.   I mean they had talent in that 2007 class other than Rainey.  

Lakeland.jpg

I do recall Taylor.  He ended up at South Florida and was the grinder, but offensively they were limited to the run.  Corbin didn't play that season.

• Like 1

Ahmad Black is a gator great IMO.   From the moment he got on the field he was a difference maker at UF.   Made plays in the biggest moments.   Shoot his last play as a gator was a pick 6 in a bowl game vs Penn St. 

I'll never forget this play either...won us the 2008 MNC IMO.   Bradford couldn't have thrown it better too, the look on his face after was priceless!

59 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He hit one against X and Osceola, but those teams didn't possess the offense MNW had. 

Agreed. Against X he went yard with the opening kickoff. He didn’t do much of anything from scrimmage all day other than one 50 yard run. 

Taylor was much more difficult to defend IMO. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Sure, but I bet StX's gameplan was stop #3 first at all costs.   Which they did pretty well, and it helps when you have Luke Kuechly on the D lol. 

Kuechly was a sophomore...he barely played that year.  Fred Craig was the stud on D that year. 

• Like 1