Past Matchups you wouldve liked to see.(2003-2015)

It can be OOS or In state or both... 

Im not gonna lie. 

It amazes me how Buford  has managed to avoid South GA powers. 

The big ones that is... 

The only teams Ive ever heard of actually talking to or trying to schedule Buford are Colquitt,Fitzgerald and Valdosta. And thats through rumors...  

Im not gonna play like I know what went on between them. 

But man oh man. 

2007 Lowndes(5A)vs 2007 Buford(3A)- Both Teams won State titles that year. 

Lowndes 14-1 vs Buford 15-0. Buford that year opened their season with a less than satisfying opponent in an event in Ohio. With a 34-7 win vs Grove City(OH) 

Then came back to GA and beat Cartersville into Submission 40-0 (Buford is 5-1 vs Cartersville all time).

Buford then beat Avondale(Defunct) 63-6. 

Their lowest score being 21 all season long and Highest being 63. They won their state title 50-0 over Lovett. 

Lowndes opened with an L 9-0 to Harrison. 

But they went on to roll through the season and won the 5A state title 34-6 over North Gwinnett...

Buford boast one of the highest all time win records in the state with 576 wins 246 losses all time. 11 state titles and 28 region titles. 

Lowndes - 366 wins 209 losses 5 state titles 11 region titles. 

I wish Lakeland and Southlake Carroll would have played in 2006. Both finished undefeated in 2005 and split the National Champioship. And going into 06 were both super hyped. 

So hyped that they both went undefeated again and split the National Champioship again in 06.

That would have been one of the all time greats. Surprised they never tried to make that happen. Maybe scheduling conflicts 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I wish Lakeland and Southlake Carroll would have played in 2006. Both finished undefeated in 2005 and split the National Champioship. And going into 06 were both super hyped. 

So hyped that they both went undefeated again and split the National Champioship again in 06.

That would have been one of the all time greats. Surprised they never tried to make that happen. Maybe scheduling conflicts 

2006 Lakeland wasn't even the best team in Florida.  That title belonged to MNW regardless of what any dumb poll says. 2006 Lakeland had to many close games to be considered MNC. I think 2006 SLC takes care of them. 2005 Lakeland -SLC would've been much better as both teams were better than their 2006 versions

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

2006 Lakeland wasn't even the best team in Florida.  That title belonged to MNW regardless of what any dumb poll says. 2006 Lakeland had to many close games to be considered MNC. I think 2006 SLC takes care of them. 2005 Lakeland -SLC would've been much better as both teams were better than their 2006 versions

While I agree with you about 2005 Lakeland being better than 2006,  I think it's tough to say who'd win with any confidence.   Lakeland was loaded.   MNW- Lakeland that is.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2015 Cen10 vs. 2015  Colquitt County.  Irersistable force vs. Immovable object

Sammy...it would have been a GREAT game...in a Dome...on SprinTurf...with lots of cameras and media for Rush....(Smile).

I agree with you...would loved to have seen it.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2008 Peoria Centennial v. 2008 Saguaro

Both teams finished the year undefeated and completed three-peats in their respective divisions.  Centennial's resume featured a pair of wins over region rival and eventual state runner-up Westview, the Knights only losses on the year.  Similarly, Saguaro also hung the only two losses on the year to region rival and state runner-up Chaparral.  Saguaro would finish the year ranked #1 in Arizona by Calpreps, Maxpreps, and professional imbecile Richard Obert at the Arizona Republic, but said rankings are "interesting" for a couple reasons:  Centennial's championship came in a higher division than Saguaro's, came against a regular season schedule that featured more playoff teams (six) than the smaller school (four), did not have a single game decided by less than 13 points (Saguaro had single-score victories over Paradise Valley and Peoria), and (perhaps the clincher) among Centennial's 14 victories was the only loss 5A-1 champion Hamilton would absorb that year.  This year and this matchup is at the foundation of any criticism I may have of computer rankings.

• Like 1

Its not after 2003...

But 2002 Parkview GA vs 2002 De La Salle CA ... those 2 finished #1 and #2 at USAToday, and Parkview achieved the 3-peat in GAs largest class. Parkview was a special team from 2000-2002.  Wouldve been awesome to see them play DLS that season. 

---

The rest are after 2003...

2014 Folsom CA vs 2014 Colquitt Co. GA - probably Folsoms best team ever... 16 running clocks. Colquitt had a special team in GA... they both finished top 5 most places... Colquitt also handed AL State Champ Hoover their 2nd worst OOS loss ever 35-14. And if for nothing else... to show Folsom a real offense.

2016 Bishop Gorman NV vs 2016 IMG Academy USA - come on... who didnt want to see these 2 play last year

2016 Grayson GA vs 2016 Lake Travis TX - wouldve been cool to see the clear best in GA and the clear best in TX play at the end of the year. Both lost their very 1st game.

2012 Norcross GA vs 2012 John Curtis LA/De La Salle CA - Norcross with Alvin Kamara was dynamite. 

2011 Grayson GA vs 2011 Don Bosco Prep NJ - Grayson had one of the best and most talented defenses... ever. Led by Robert Nkemdiche, Graysons D led them to an undefeated season and a state title. The next season, this same D held Miami Central to less than 35 yards and 3 points. 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Its not after 2003...

But 2002 Parkview GA vs 2002 De La Salle CA ... those 2 finished #1 and #2 at USAToday, and Parkview achieved the 3-peat in GAs largest class. Parkview was a special team from 2000-2002.  Wouldve been awesome to see them play DLS that season. 

---

The rest are after 2003...

2014 Folsom CA vs 2014 Colquitt Co. GA - probably Folsoms best team ever... 16 running clocks. Colquitt had a special team in GA... they both finished top 5 most places... Colquitt also handed AL State Champ Hoover their 2nd worst OOS loss ever 35-14. And if for nothing else... to show Folsom a real offense.

2016 Bishop Gorman NV vs 2016 IMG Academy USA - come on... who didnt want to see these 2 play last year

2016 Grayson GA vs 2016 Lake Travis TX - wouldve been cool to see the clear best in GA and the clear best in TX play at the end of the year. Both lost their very 1st game.

2012 Norcross GA vs 2012 John Curtis LA/De La Salle CA - Norcross with Alvin Kamara was dynamite. 

2011 Grayson GA vs 2011 Don Bosco Prep NJ - Grayson had one of the best and most talented defenses... ever. Led by Robert Nkemdiche, Graysons D led them to an undefeated season and a state title. The next season, this same D held Miami Central to less than 35 yards and 3 points. 

Would be nice to see a NJ vs GA matchup

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

While I agree with you about 2005 Lakeland being better than 2006,  I think it's tough to say who'd win with any confidence.   Lakeland was loaded.   MNW- Lakeland that is.

The thing is,  2006 Lakeland couldn't throw the ball at all.  You're not beating an elite team like MNW being so one dimensional

55 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The thing is,  2006 Lakeland couldn't throw the ball at all.  You're not beating an elite team like MNW being so one dimensional

I mean they passed it, but weren't great at it.  What they did was a lot of short/intermediate passes and screens to Rainey when D's were over aggressive with the run.   It's just hard to say because MNW didnt really have that much competition that year.   Shoot STA would have shut out Lake Brantley if they played that year too most likely.  

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I mean they passed it, but weren't great at it.  What they did was a lot of short/intermediate passes and screens to Rainey when D's were over aggressive with the run.   It's just hard to say because MNW didnt really have that much competition that year.   Shoot STA would have shut out Lake Brantley if they played that year too most likely.  

Exactly,  and Castle was even crappy at that. 

Just can't see a team playing in a box scoring more than 14 points against that MNW team.  Where as i can't see them scoring less than 21 points against anyone.