OKEEDOKEE gurus! Who is the most well versed in viewing big high school games?...

Old Rabid One

34 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

I suspect, just off the top of my coconut, it would be my good buddy from Reston, Va., Big Drop! Who, in his treks across our great land, has probably seen big matchups in nearly every state in the country! But I humbly contend, that I, Old Rabid One, may be second!

Thank you, Rabid-much appreciated-but you’re there with me.  Hard to believe it must have been almost twenty years ago we met at an Italian restaurant in D. C.

Could it have been longer?

• Like 1

Definitely not well-versed, but I somehow get lucky whenever watching games. I've been to 2 high school soccer games this year and they both happened to be comebacks that went into OT and eventually penalty kicks. And then just a few days ago I decided to go to a baseball game and somehow Pope defeated #1 Buford in the state playoffs. Same with football games too. Sometimes this luck worries me...

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Definitely not well-versed, but I somehow get lucky whenever watching games. I've been to 2 high school soccer games this year and they both happened to be comebacks that went into OT and eventually penalty kicks. And then just a few days ago I decided to go to a baseball game and somehow Pope defeated #1 Buford in the state playoffs. Same with football games too. Sometimes this luck worries me...

Bro ur in high school,  this thread is for posters that got hair on thier chests 

• Haha 6

On 5/8/2021 at 10:12 PM, BigDrop said:

Thank you, Rabid-much appreciated-but you’re there with me.  Hard to believe it must have been almost twenty years ago we met at an Italian restaurant in D. C.

Could it have been longer?

2002, on my way to extending my list, when I trekked to Parma, Ohio. To see a top twenty five matchup, between Erie Cathedral Prep and St. Ignatius!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I know watcha mean! It's a CURSE! I was there the night in 1989, when Colquitt cost Valdosta yet another national championship, with a 7-0 upset win at their homecoming game, with 20/20 looking on! And yet two more occasions when, in their senior seasons in high school, George Rogers and Hershel Walker lost regular season games, 14-0 and 3-0, respectively. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

I know watcha mean! It's a CURSE! I was there the night in 1989, when Colquitt cost Valdosta yet another national championship, with a 7-0 upset win at their homecoming game, with 20/20 looking on! And yet two more occasions when, in their senior seasons in high school, George Rogers and Hershel Walker lost regular season games, 14-0 and 3-0, respectively. 

For how long I've been watching high school football (which is not long at all), I've seen a good bit. Saw North Gwinnett get upset against Lovejoy.  Saw the miracle win over Colquitt. Even saw a free kick field goal attempt at the end of the half vs. Norcross. Saw a hail mary too against Walton in 2017.

On 5/10/2021 at 7:38 AM, ngdawg said:

For how long I've been watching high school football (which is not long at all), I've seen a good bit. Saw North Gwinnett get upset against Lovejoy.  Saw the miracle win over Colquitt. Even saw a free kick field goal attempt at the end of the half vs. Norcross. Saw a hail mary too against Walton in 2017.

Speaking of free kick FG's! Our All American kicker, kicked a sixty yarder before the half, against Archer! FINAL, 12-7 Colquitt! The only time in HISTORY, that I believe we won a game without scoring a touchdown!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

Speaking of free kick FG's! Our All American kicker, kicked a sixty yarder before the half, against Archer! FINAL, 12-7 Colquitt! The only time in HISTORY, that I believe we won a game without scoring a touchdown!

didn't CC beat WR 3-0 in the playoffs in 98' or 99', maybe regular season but thought on road playoffs???