LOL ESPN

181pl

Guest LOSer
30 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Hype it up and make $ off of it on one end and criticize it on the back end. What joke, like the entire network.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/20069390/are-going-go-validating-degenerative-mayweather-mcgregor-trash-talk

It's called diversity of opinion within their company. The news side covers the fight and the opinion side criticizes it.

Happens all the time in the legitimate media.

What's ironic is that you probably think the network is a joke because of a perceived liberal bias (which is so silly and laughable) but in this case they're criticizing themselves.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

ESPN is tanking because they alienated their core demographic for a bunch of politically correct pussies. 

This has been proven to be a baseless claim mostly made by conservatives who constantly feel the need to be aggrieved.

ESPN's ratings aren't down. Their subscribers are down.

There's a difference.

It's about cord-cutting.

People can't unsubscribe to ESPN. They either have cable or they don't. 

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

When will  these companies learn? 

ESPN is Disney's bigger moneymaker.

I'm sure they've learned a lot over the almost 40 years they've been in the business.

But I get you could teach them a lot about business, huh?

Some dope on a message board (and twitter) who spends all day thinking up crappy OOS matchups.

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

I think the fight is stupid and the stupid city tour to hype the fight is stupid.  Would love to see Connor get his stupid teeth knocked out though.  And they both should get paid in stupid peanuts.  

Why Connor? Why not Floyd. Floyd doesnt have the punching power to knock out Connor. But the idea of this whole fight is absolutely stupid

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Why Connor? Why not Floyd. Floyd doesnt have the punching power to knock out Connor. But the idea of this whole fight is absolutely stupid

I just don't like Connor.  Not a big fan of Mayweather as a human being Either but Connor has no business in the same ring and should pay a price for that.  I think Floyd is possibly the greatest boxer ever, for what it's worth.  

Totally agree that it is stupid.  ?

Just now, World Citizen said:

I just don't like Connor.  Not a big fan of Mayweather as a human being Either but Connor has no business in the same ring and should pay a price for that.  I think Floyd is possibly the greatest boxer ever, for what it's worth.  

Totally agree that it is stupid.  ?

Gotcha. Mayweather is gonna make this "fight" extremely boring. Hell hit and dodge all night just like usual. They are already talking about the rematch being done in the octagon

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Gotcha. Mayweather is gonna make this "fight" extremely boring. Hell hit and dodge all night just like usual. They are already talking about the rematch being done in the octagon

Rematch?  That is not only stupid but it's insulting.  They think pretty highly of themselves.  Floyd will do whatever he wants and if they are already talking rematch, it will have to be close enough to warrant that.  I'm not paying to watch it and hope nobody else does either.  That would show them and maybe they would act like grown men instead of publicity whores.

48 minutes ago, LOSer said:

ESPN is Disney's bigger moneymaker.

I'm sure they've learned a lot over the almost 40 years they've been in the business.

But I get you could teach them a lot about business, huh?

Some dope on a message board (and twitter) who spends all day thinking up crappy OOS matchups.

Calm down 

ESPN didn't lay off 100 plus personalities again because they are ascending. Cable companies have given the option of packaging their services and  since ESPN charges so much  people have been downgrading their package to get ESPN off. 

That's a fact. 

You don't have to be a captain to know the ship is sinking 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Rematch?  That is not only stupid but it's insulting.  They think pretty highly of themselves.  Floyd will do whatever he wants and if they are already talking rematch, it will have to be close enough to warrant that.  I'm not paying to watch it and hope nobody else does either.  That would show them and maybe they would act like grown men instead of publicity whores.

They are gonna have millions of people watching which is the sad part. And yea i heard it on the radio that they are already talking about a rematch. Mayweather told the IRS that he cant pay his taxes until he get paid for this fight which I have no idea how the IRS is letting that slide. I am certainly not paying for the fight

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

ESPN didn't lay off 100 plus personalities again because they are ascending.

They did so because of cord-cutting lower their subscription numbers.

Cord-cutting affects all cable channels.

If someone drops their cable subscription then FS1, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. lose a subscriber too. Not just ESPN.

Guest LOSer
15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Cable companies have given the option of packaging their services and  since ESPN charges so much  people have been downgrading their package to get ESPN off. 

That's a fact. 

No it's not.

Cable companies are the ones who pay the carriage fee. Not individual subscribers. They pay the rate that the cable company charges them.

Nobody is dropping their subscription because of ESPN.

Get real.

Guest LOSer
16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You don't have to be a captain to know the ship is sinking 

If you think ESPN is sinking then you might be dumber than we already suspect.

Guest LOSer
31 minutes ago, 181pl said:

ESPN is struggling. Until football season anyway.

No they're not.

They're facing the same issues that every cable channel is facing.

People like you assign other reasons but you're ignorant.

44 minutes ago, LOSer said:

No they're not.

They're facing the same issues that every cable channel is facing.

People like you assign other reasons but you're ignorant.

Wrong. I'm not assigning the reason for their decline to politics or their liberal agenda. The reasons are simple. WiFi devices that make watching live ESPN unncessary, devices like ROKU that are severely reducing cable TV subscriptions, and over-saturation of the newtwork. They don't need 7 channels (ESPN, ESPN2,ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, ESPN Classic, ESPN Deportes). The "glory days" at ESPN are over. They are still very successful with their college and pro football, NBA, etc. But they'll have to accept less profits and maybe a smaller market share. 

Guest LOSer
25 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I'm not assigning the reason for their decline to politics or their liberal agenda. 

They don't have a liberal agenda.

This all started after they gave an ESPY to Bruce Jenner (who's a Republican!).

This charge makes absolutely no sense.

Guest LOSer
26 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Wrong. I'm not assigning the reason for their decline to politics or their liberal agenda. 

Then why the LOL?

You are incapable of making rational judgments because you're so blinded by your hatred.