LOL ESPN

181pl

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

My initial post did not mention a ratings decline. You are struggling to come back into form.

Right.

Your initial post demonstrated an ignorance of how news works.

Guest LOSer
14 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

To me, there's no place for political grandstanding on a sports channel. Show me the highlights and sporting events....check your "beliefs" at the door. Same with celebrities/ musicians. Entertain me, I don't care about your political leanings.....republican nor democrat.

And there hasn't been.

People that are looking to be aggrieved will find something to whine about.

Bruce Jenner is a prominent CONSERVATIVE and him getting an award made people accuse ESPN or liberal bias.

47 minutes ago, LOSer said:

And there hasn't been.

People that are looking to be aggrieved will find something to whine about.

Bruce Jenner is a prominent CONSERVATIVE and him getting an award made people accuse ESPN or liberal bias.

You're REALLY gonna' use this as an example of someone who KNOWS what he/she/it is? LOL. 

Guest LOSer
49 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

You're REALLY gonna' use this as an example of someone who KNOWS what he/she/it is? LOL. 

If ESPN wanted to push a liberal agenda then why would they give an ESPY to a prominent Conservative who has been openly critical of liberals?

It's nonsense.

23 minutes ago, LOSer said:

If ESPN wanted to push a liberal agenda then why would they give an ESPY to a prominent Conservative who has been openly critical of liberals?

It's nonsense.

They were looking at the bigger picture in terms of politically correct bullshit  and chose dressing like a women over his world views.

At the time  Obama was still brainwashing people to think Transgender stuff was a real thing and companies all over were jumping on the PC train. 

Problem was ESPN core demographic is not some Prius driving Frappachino drinkers. They alienated the people who pay the cable bill. 

Also cable providers are supplying custom TV packages so you don't have ESPN included. 

Frontier cable has a plan where you get basic cable and pick 2 of 6 "special" packages (sports, family, kids,movies etc) 

i only have sports because the season Is about to start but a lot of people who don't want sports can choose to not have it. That's is making a big impact 

ESPN is quickly following the NY Times model of Sports coverage. 

If you want an Op-Ed on some kid who who can stack solo cups faster than anyone else, then look to the crap circus shows on ESPN or read the Times. 

If you want real coverage of your local teams or just mainstream sports like football and hoops, then look elsewhere.

This has zero to do with political affiliation and everything to do with shitty content. 

I can only watch live games on ESPN (mostly college hoops and football). The rest of their programming is garbage.

On July 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM, World Citizen said:

[...] I'm not paying to watch it and hope nobody else does either.  That would show them and maybe they would act like grown men instead of publicity whores.

The over/under is 4.99 million PPV buys. 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mayweather-vs-McGregor-Odds-OverUnder-for-PayPer-View-Buys-Set-at-499-Million-125019

I guess it does pay (in the fight business) to act like a publicity whore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

The over/under is 4.99 million PPV buys. 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mayweather-vs-McGregor-Odds-OverUnder-for-PayPer-View-Buys-Set-at-499-Million-125019

I guess it does pay (in the fight business) to act like a publicity whore. 

Yeah I know they get paid but at what cost man?  At what cost?  That was said in my most dramatical voice.  Academy award stuff; you should have seen it. 

Seriously, some things just should not be for sale but I am probably in the minority on that one.  Getting paid ranks pretty high on the to do list.  

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

They were looking at the bigger picture in terms of politically correct bullshit  and chose dressing like a women over his world views.

They chose to give an award to a prominent conservative because they thought his/her transition was of importance.

Not political unless you want to cede common decency to liberals.

Guest LOSer

At the time  Obama was still brainwashing people to think Transgender stuff was a real thing and companies all over were jumping on the PC train.

So, yes.

You want to cede common decency to liberals.

Gotcha.

Guest LOSer

Problem was ESPN core demographic is not some Prius driving Frappachino drinkers. They alienated the people who pay the cable bill.

There's no evidence of this whatsoever.

None.

People like you are just sentimentalists who can't deal with their emotions and so they're incapable of viewing things rationally.