Hey HawgGoneIt 16

Rufus69

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Rufus69thoughts??

I told u 229 gonna get him

I'm gonna tread middle ground here.  There are a multitude of reasons why kids transfer.  Especially these days.  I have said numerous times...if a kid doesn't want to be at Colquitt...then he and his entire parental unit should make a legitimate move into the school system of his choice.  I'll be right there to say...hasta la vista.

But as we've seen more than once at Colquitt...the kid doesn't want to leave his school nor his teammates.  His parent and/or parents have been unduly influenced...inappropriately...by "people" in various positions who support other programs.  THAT...I have a BIG problem with.

When a parent tells me that they're transferring their kid to Valdosta or Lowndes from Colquitt....for educational advantages.... I call bullshit.  Colquitt matches up favorably with any school in our area.  That's Gospel.  

Colquitt will have move-ins.  We have them just about every year.  Some play sports.  Others don't.  We've even had to bend the rules to allow Yankees to come in...due to the Moose Moss Diving Tigers.  "Doc" is still mad about it...but he'll just hafta get over it.

If we lose an athlete and everything is handled above board...then it is what it is.  Now I did say...E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

I don’t know the ins and outs of south Georgia education. I only go off of the small sample size here. 

On PG, the Colquitt representation vs the lowends representation has Colquitt in a landslide of epic proportion. The main lowends representative has trouble with basic English. Now I understand this is a HSFB forum, but damn! I would make my four year old niece start over reading the stuff 96 posts. 

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of south Georgia education. I only go off of the small sample size here. 

On PG, the Colquitt representation vs the lowends representation has Colquitt in a landslide of epic proportion. The main lowends representative has trouble with basic English. Now I understand this is a HSFB forum, but damn! I would make my four year old niece start over reading the stuff 96 posts. 

WELL sir, when Old Rabido was in high school! We thought that district star student was our God given right! My senor class was a 'WHO'S WHO' of academia! Filled with doctors, lawyers, and Indian chiefs, with a civil engineer thrown in, for good measure. I survived, finishing 476 outta 476, and I currently have nineteen years of edumacation! I went to one of the top small colleges and universities in the Southeast! And five years after the fact, after a rather harrowing experience working for my Uncle Samuel. The only difference in the quality of this higher larning, was the volume of the material, vs high school.