MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

EVIDENCE DEFEATS DOUBT

Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011 | 10:46 a.m.

If you don’t have tickets for Friday’s Bishop Gorman High football game against visiting Servite High of Anaheim, Calif., you’ll have to watch the game on ESPNU.

School officials said Thursday morning they are sold out of tickets, with 5,000 sold in advance. Fertitta Field seats 3,600 with a standing room capacity of 5,000.

This is Gorman’s second game on an ESPN family of networks, with the Gaels' late-August contest against Armwood High of Florida also packed to near capacity.

Checkmate on a white background chess black king Vector Image

Cheer up Canes @Atticus Finch  The trip back to the local boards may pass a good diner or two.  You can order some Crow.

Sad Bus HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

If you don’t have tickets for Friday’s Bishop Gorman High football game against visiting Servite High of Anaheim, Calif., you’ll have to watch the game on ESPNU.

School officials said Thursday morning they are sold out of tickets, with 5,000 sold in advance. Fertitta Field seats 3,600 with a standing room capacity of 5,000.

This is Gorman’s second game on an ESPN family of networks, with the Gaels' late-August contest against Armwood High of Florida also packed to near capacity.

This is what you actually claimed.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

The first game Bishop Gorman ever "sold out" at home was 2011 vs Servite.

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite brought 5000 to the game which is why it was BG very first sell out game ever.

So in review...

1) No evidence that it was the first ever sell out

2) It did not put Bishop Gorman on the map

3) Servite did not bring 5,000 fans (LOL)

Anything else you want to mangle, sammy?

Don't worry.

You were only 100% wrong on everything.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:29 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Duncanville has a new transfer senior QB/Receiver combo

QB Solomon James checks in from Corsicana and WR Phaizon Wilson checks in from Lancaster. Anybody know who DV plays the week before? 

https://247sports.com/player/phaizon-wilson-46080066/

https://247sports.com/Player/Solomon-James-46103963/

James no offers and Phazion very little varsity production at Lancaster. Was more of a camp kid is how he got his offers. Also has a history with injuries. The UIL shouldn't allow it but it is what it is.

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So in review...

1) No evidence that it was the first ever sell out - Yes it was.  I just posted the article

2) It did not put Bishop Gorman on the map - Yes it did.  This was BG first Top 20 win

3) Servite did not bring 5,000 fans (LOL) -   Yes they did.  Cite your source.  I cited mine.

Anything else you want to mangle, sammy? - Only your reputation, but there is nothing left to work with.

Don't worry.

You were only 100% wrong on everything. - No that's you, expecially in this thread.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

MC should also be praised for playing #anyoneanywhere. And elite power publics like Grayson need to change their current philosophy of only playing other OOS publics. Such actions are stunting program growth. 

Does Grayson players still get scholarship offers ? Should a coach put program growth a priority over building up young men for life outside of football ? 

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

So in review...

1) No evidence that it was the first ever sell out

2) It did not put Bishop Gorman on the map

3) Servite did not bring 5,000 fans (LOL)

Anything else you want to mangle, sammy?

Don't worry.

You were only 100% wrong on everything.

Simple logic Canes

if A = B and B = C then A = C

Lets review 

A)  BG stadium holds 5000 people including standing areas and was sold out for the Servite game. Plus people were turned away. - True

B) BG stadium had never sold out before.  * source  as evidenced by Tony Sanchez saying (referring to the not sold out Armwood game) we’ve never seen a crowd like this before”. True 

C) Servite brought 5000 fans to the game.  True 

Since no other team was able to cause a sell out crowd, then logic dictates that Servite was the reason.  

I Can tell you that Servite fans took up 25% of the BG side of the stadium.

The Vegas guys will support this.

Hope you and your lil buddy @RedZone have better success on your local boards.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

1) No evidence that it was the first ever sell out - Yes it was.  I just posted the article

2) It did not put Bishop Gorman on the map - Yes it did.  This was BG first Top 20 win

3) Servite did not bring 5,000 fans (LOL) -   Yes they did.  Cite your source.  I cited mine.

The article you posted didn't support any of your claims.

1. It said it was a sellout but not the first.
  2. The Armwood game from earlier that year was certainly the most watched Bishop Gorman game ever until the 2016 Cedar Hill game.
  3. The stadium holds 3,600 fans and 5,000 standing room so Servite didn't bring 5,000 fans, dipshit.

A)  BG stadium holds 5000 people including standing areas and was sold out for the Servite game. Plus people were turned away. - True

You said Servite brought 5,000 people.

You were wrong.

Nobody else here would've been stupid enough to make this claim. It's fantastical on it's face.

Servite did not bring 5,000 fans to Las Vegas.

Since no other team was able to cause a sell out crowd, then logic dictates that Servite was the reason. 

This is not what you said.

You claimed that Servite brought 5,000 people.

You were wrong.

Your own source said Armwood was a "near" sellout and they probably brought no more than 200 fans at best.

So even your ass-saving statement isn't true.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Why do you keep saying the stadium doesn't hold 5000 people?  That is just wrong

I've been there twice and your own article said 3,600.

Even including their standing room estimate, there's no way that Servite fans would've occupied every seat and every standing room spot.

You're just a craven liar.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

This is not what you said.

You claimed that Servite brought 5,000 people.

You were wrong.

Your own source said Armwood was a "near" sellout and they probably brought no more than 200 fans at best.

So even your ass-saving statement isn't true.

As I pointed out previously, The Servite game drew 5000+ (counting people who were turned away).   Gorman plays in that stadium many times a year, but never sold it out until Servite came.  So the common denominator between sellout at 5000 fans was Servite.

You are arguing semantics - Drew/brought/attendance/etc.  I never said "every fan at the Stadium was from Servite."

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I've been there twice and your own article said 3,600.

Even including their standing room estimate, there's no way that Servite fans would've occupied every seat and every standing room spot.

You're just a craven liar.

Wasn't "my" article.  It's for public consumption, but here is that sentence again.

School officials said Thursday morning they are sold out of tickets, with 5,000 sold in advance. Fertitta Field seats 3,600 with a standing room capacity of 5,000