Master BORMIO, a query regarding the Carolina, South of North Carolina, IF I may?

Old Rabid One

What has happened to BYRNES? NO SEE as of late? It appears that Dutch Fork is the only viable national team in your state these days! And I think that we ALL know WHY? They are the Columbia metro all stars! Has the Byrnes All Star lineup, dried up in Greenville-Spartanburg? In times past, we even heard a tad from Dorman, Spartanburg, Goose Creek, Rock Hill, and Summerville, et al.! WHAT GIVES? It would be BLASHPHEMOUS to have a team in Georgia, win SIX STRAIGHT big school state championships, as Dutch Fork is about to do! 

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

What has happened to BYRNES? NO SEE as of late? It appears that Dutch Fork is the only viable national team in your state these days! And I think that we ALL know WHY? They are the Columbia metro all stars! Has the Byrnes All Star lineup, dried up in Greenville-Spartanburg? In times past, we even heard a tad from Dorman, Spartanburg, Goose Creek, Rock Hill, and Summerville, et al.! WHAT GIVES? It would be BLASHPHEMOUS to have a team in Georgia, win SIX STRAIGHT big school state championships, as Dutch Fork is about to do! 

SC has regressed to a one-team state. Look for big things in 2021 and beyond from upstart Trinity Christian out of Darlington. 

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

CA has two teams in the Top 5 annually. Doesn't make them a two-team state. If the Top 10 teams from CA and GA were to play, CA dominates. 

Not true at all. Cali would take the top 2, but after that GA would start to flex their muscles. I would love to see Centennial vs Lowndes, DLS vs Grayson, Colquitt vs Servite etc etc 

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SC has regressed to a one-team state. Look for big things in 2021 and beyond from upstart Trinity Christian out of Darlington. 

Sadly this is not untrue.  Right now everyone else is playing for #2.  Knotts went to a part of the state that had not won a big class title in over 20 years and won 7 I think, 5 in a row.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Not true at all. Cali would take the top 2, but after that GA would start to flex their muscles. I would love to see Centennial vs Lowndes, DLS vs Grayson, Colquitt vs Servite etc etc 

Oh hell no.  First of all, as GA's #1 team, Grayson plays MD and so Grayson's done.  (And if you don't like me using MP to rank the GA teams, show me a better local preseason poll.)

Same with Collins Hill at the hands of SJB. Blood bath.

You gotta go all the way down to #40 for GA's third best team (CC), and no way they would hang with DLS's execution. 

Lowndes against Servite?  They would struggle big time with TMac and Burnett, and the latter's superior coaching and execution. 

Upstart Cathedral Catholic v. Milton might be competitive, but Milton didn't impress the last time they played a CA team that was nothing like as good as this year's Cathedral Cath.

Now we're all the way down to #64 Buford against Cen10?  No way in hell Buford stays within 3 scores.  All gas, no brakes with Cen10.  Buford would wilt.

Cedar Grove v. another upstart, Sierra Canyon?  SC hung with SJB for the first half a couple months ago, so I'm not liking CG's chances.

Lee County v Folsom - competitive, as Folsom often underperforms. 

Warner Robins v Alemany and North Cobb v Mission Viejo also competitive.

I'll give y'all the #8 and #9 games, and possibly #10, but I don't like your chances #3-#7.  And you have no chance in #1 and #2.

Just my opinion, but change my mind.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, Old Rabid One said:

Yes, DF draws from everywhere now, but they were nothing til Tommy Knotts showed up.  He's why they're tops in SC now (and why Charlotte Independence didn't lose for 107 games).  Byrnes hasn't been the same since Bentley and his boys left.  South Pointe and Northwestern are down, but Dorman's been getting consistently better and Gaffney (the state record holder for state championships) may be poised for a return to prominence.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:42 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

You KNOW that a state is VERY skewed to recruiting in a given metro area! When one of the greatest coaches in GHSA HISTORY, got BITCH SLAPPED TWICE by Dutch Fork recently! And even 'RADIO' couldn't help Coach Herron!

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

Yes, DF draws from everywhere now, but they were nothing til Tommy Knotts showed up.  He's why they're tops in SC now (and why Charlotte Independence didn't lose for 107 games).  Byrnes hasn't been the same since Bentley and his boys left.  South Pointe and Northwestern are down, but Dorman's been getting consistently better and Gaffney (the state record holder for state championships) may be poised for a return to prominence.

They didn't lose for 107 games, because they didn't make that call to DOMINO'S in Norman Park!

And a school three miles down the road from Dutch Fork, IRMO, use to be the bad boy of Columbia metro! But NOW, they are CANNON FODDER! Could this jist be a coinkidink? I think NOT! And when Bentley was at Byrnes, they were getting all the talent from Dorman, Spartanburg, Greenville, et al.! And the lil burg Byrnes is located in, ain't even incorporated!

On 7/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

CA has two teams in the Top 5 annually. Doesn't make them a two-team state. If the Top 10 teams from CA and GA were to play, CA dominates. 

You need to lay off the 1800!

SOOO WHO, EXACTLY, would beat the likes of Buford, Colquitt, Lowndes, the upcoming resurgence of Camden Co., Milton, Roswell, Grayson, the possible resurgence of Tift with a HOF coach, Archer, Parkview, Norcross, Collins Hill, and Walton? HELL, even Marietta, one outa every half dozen seasons, is stellar! Just ask the best team in Washington state HISTORY, who the Blue Imps BLASTED about FIFTY points in 2019! I'm WAITING!

19 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

You KNOW that a state is VERY skewed to recruiting in a given metro area! When one of the greatest coaches in GHSA HISTORY, got BITCH SLAPPED TWICE by Dutch Fork recently! And even 'RADIO' couldn't help Coach Herron!

Radio is now dead - passed away in late 2019 - soon after the state championship game.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, Nolebull813 said:

GEEEZ, does ANYBODY think that those pussies in Beachboy Land, could have beaten 2019 Marietta or 2020 Grayson? C'MON DUDES, lay OFFIN that crack pipe!

And there wasn't a DLS team ever made, who could have beaten 1986 and 1989 Valdosta! Or HELL, 1968 or 1969 as well!